Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking with the owner of (www.wpngear.com) about a rifle mount and air compressors came up. He sent me these pics of a solution he came up with for a client based off of his rifle mounts. I think it's pretty slick. And i can vouch for the quality of his product, top notch.

I am going to get him to make me a mount for a compressor minus the tank and go in that direction.

IMG_8259.JPG

IMG_8260.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve already got the brackets for a rifle so I think it should be pretty easy to adapt

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just how noisy is it inside the jeep, when the compressors fire up??

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This is not my set up. I think I’m going to run just a single compressor without the tank. I bet it would be super loud and probably make me shit my pants when they fired up! Lol

Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is not my set up. I think I’m going to run just a single compressor without the tank. I bet it would be super loud and probably make me shit my pants when they fired up! Lol
That is my Jeep. I approached him about it for the compressors when I found out he is fairly close to me. The compressors are not super obnoxious. I mean when I turn them on you know they are on but the tone is fairly low and it isn't anywhere close to painful or anything. You could still have a conversation inside the Jeep with them running. I usually leave the tank empty and just kick them on to start filling the tank as I am finishing up the trail it only takes a couple minutes to fill the tank and with that tank prefilled to 200PSI tire fills (37") go fairly quickly. Those are the Viair Dual 444c with 2.5gal tank.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Any compressor is going to be noisy, but mounting them inside is preferable to external mounting (under hood or body) as they will live much longer. These things ain't cheap!

Besides, when it's on you should be outside the rig airing up anyway. Kick the wife and kids out too ;)

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That is my Jeep. I approached him about it for the compressors when I found out he is fairly close to me. The compressors are not super obnoxious. I mean when I turn them on you know they are on but the tone is fairly low and it isn't anywhere close to painful or anything. You could still have a conversation inside the Jeep with them running. I usually leave the tank empty and just kick them on to start filling the tank as I am finishing up the trail it only takes a couple minutes to fill the tank and with that tank prefilled to 200PSI tire fills (37") go fairly quickly. Those are the Viair Dual 444c with 2.5gal tank.
Sorry to revive a really old thread, but looking into air compressors now. With the brackets, is your Tuffy top able to open fully?
Sponsored