Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Any ideas on why no one has made a bracket to mount the ARB dual compressor under the rear bench seat? Seems to me that there is plenty of room there. At least there is enough for a large bag with my recovery gear.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Any ideas on why no one has made a bracket to mount the ARB dual compressor under the rear bench seat? Seems to me that there is plenty of room there. At least there is enough for a large bag with my recovery gear.
Likely due to the fact the rear seat fold down. It seems most manufacturers design/manufacture parts that makes use of unused space without reducing the overall utility of the vehicle.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Not many options for the 2 door JL's. I mounted mine under ther front passenger seat with the Innovative J(L)K Products bracket and hose kit. Works like a champ, and when in use, I just flip the seat forward for better cooling of the compressor, and to keep the underside of the seat from getting too hot.

Last edited:

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Likely due to the fact the rear seat fold down. It seems most manufacturers design/manufacture parts that makes use of unused space without reducing the overall utility of the vehicle.
Yep...when the seat folds down, all that extra room under the seat is gone. You put the compressor under there and you won’t be able to fold the seat down.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I can’t mount mine in the back because I usually have the dogs in there and I don’t really like the way it takes up space in the footwell if I was to go the under the seat route. So I’m looking at removing the glove box and making a mount to put the compressor in that space instead. Has anybody tried this? Are there any reasons I’m overlooking not to do this?

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
SMH! I shoulda remembered that..

I'm debating on where I'll the ARB compressor I just bought. If I get the under seat kit, I can reuse it later when I buy a Gladiator diesel. But I'm likely to mount it in the truck bed anyways so we shall see. I'm avoiding the engine bay mount kits because I don't know if that will work with the diesel.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Was actually thinking about the Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox. Wondering if I could mount the compressor in there (might have to fabricate a bracket.) Looks like the dimensions would work, and, if so, I could keep lines, tools, deflators, etc all right there together.

I have a 2 door with the 8.4” uConnect, so my subwoofer is in the storage bin and space is kinda limited. Like the idea of it being protected and having all my tools in one spot.

Just a thought.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No way I am cutting a hole in the seat to place the compressor!
Oh come on man! All the cool kids are doing it.

Thanks for sharing. I didn’t know about this and I’m about to buy the compressor but I’m not in a rush to get it mounted.
I want to get mine done but I'm making it hard on myself with all these options.

Was actually thinking about the Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox. Wondering if I could mount the compressor in there (might have to fabricate a bracket.) Looks like the dimensions would work, and, if so, I could keep lines, tools, deflators, etc all right there together.

I have a 2 door with the 8.4” uConnect, so my subwoofer is in the storage bin and space is kinda limited. Like the idea of it being protected and having all my tools in one spot.

Just a thought.
Anything can be done with the proper application of Redneck Engineering.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Oh come on man! All the cool kids are doing it.

I want to get mine done but I'm making it hard on myself with all these options.

Anything can be done with the proper application of Redneck Engineering.
Or a little common sense and ingenuity. But thanks...

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I went ahead and bought the compressor mount from American Adventure Lab

I like that it's kept in the cubby hole under the cargo floor. I realize that there is some modification needed to make it work well but I'm certainly not against doing that. Their website says it is on back order but AAL told me today, through Facebook Messenger, that they had just gotten more in stock. I'm not going to get the battery case or the compressor tank. I want the extra space there for my tool bag and other gear.