Mounting ARB Air Compressor

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Kinda bounced through the 50 pages as i’m planning to get either a twin or a single.
Would like to mount under either seat if possible, but is the wire harness that comes with it long enough to be ran to an aux switch under the hood like voswitch? Or would I need to extend some wires?

Or is it better to run it under the hood somewhere for plumbing and wiring?

And assuming i’d like to add lockers later, what is everyone doing for plumbing while it’s under the seat for lockers?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Kinda bounced through the 50 pages as i’m planning to get either a twin or a single.
Would like to mount under either seat if possible, but is the wire harness that comes with it long enough to be ran to an aux switch under the hood like voswitch? Or would I need to extend some wires?

Or is it better to run it under the hood somewhere for plumbing and wiring?

And assuming i’d like to add lockers later, what is everyone doing for plumbing while it’s under the seat for lockers?
If you want an under-the-seat mount and planning on adding Air Lockers, then the genuine ARB UTS compressor mount is probably your best bet: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...0220-arb-twin-air-compressor-mounting-bracket

It mounts under the driver or passenger seat and is designed to work with the ARB manifold, locker actuator solenoids, Lynx system etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor JL_Compressor_bracket-300x278

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
If under seat, you could still mount the little reservoir and solenoids under the hood. Just need a longer hose between.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
If you want an under-the-seat mount and planning on adding Air Lockers, then the genuine ARB UTS compressor mount is probably your best bet: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...0220-arb-twin-air-compressor-mounting-bracket

It mounts under the driver or passenger seat and is designed to work with the ARB manifold, locker actuator solenoids, Lynx system etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor JL_Compressor_bracket-300x278
Out of curiosity, how would plumbing look for lockers if it’s under the seat? As in to mount the manifold under the hood, what’s a good option to plumb a line from the compressor? Does it fit in the grommet in the firewall Im assuming?

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Grimm off-road mount.

DEE570B9-1D4B-4E1E-9EB2-949CB8EE7045.jpeg

77786E62-C0E8-4BB1-BCA1-226005B6D5CE.jpeg
That’s exactly where i put mine
It’s a great setup. The one I have. I added a dust cover for the air fitting.
yep, thats where i put mine. My air fitting is in front next to my winch. I added a Sherman dust cover cap to mine as i live in the dusty NM desert.

263C56B8-8DAE-4DD9-A27F-747FA4B12ED2.jpeg

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Out of curiosity, how would plumbing look for lockers if it’s under the seat? As in to mount the manifold under the hood, what’s a good option to plumb a line from the compressor? Does it fit in the grommet in the firewall Im assuming?

The ARB manifold mounts right to the bracket, you can see it in the pic.

The actuating solenoids mount to the manifold and then the air lines run out from there.

If you wanted to mount the manifold under the hood, you'd need a long enough SS air line to go from the compressor to the manifold.

Grimm Offroad offers a bunch of different length SS air hoses, here is an 80"er: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ies/10058-grimm-offroad-braided-air-hose-80in

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
No room under the JL seat.
Is that because you already have something mounted there? I installed the InnovativeAT 4-tire system under the passenger seat and I love it. It is so easy to air down and up, and when something is easy to do you tend to do it.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The ARB manifold mounts right to the bracket, you can see it in the pic.

The actuating solenoids mount to the manifold and then the air lines run out from there.

If you wanted to mount the manifold under the hood, you'd need a long enough SS air line to go from the compressor to the manifold.

Grimm Offroad offers a bunch of different length SS air hoses, here is an 80"er: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ies/10058-grimm-offroad-braided-air-hose-80in
Thanks for the link, I think i’m leaning towards the grimm fender bracket due to it having the heat shield. Small question, does it have any issues with fender liner clearance? Running paramount fender flares which look to be just like OEM.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the link, I think i’m leaning towards the grimm fender bracket due to it having the heat shield. Small question, does it have any issues with fender liner clearance? Running paramount fender flares which look to be just like OEM.
Your safe with factory liners, or any others that aren't of a high tuck design.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
you got pics of dif angles of those fender flares from paramount?

sardogtella

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR. 2021 JLURXR
I second the Grimm Offroad mount. It was easy to install and the filters are up out of the dirt in the engine bay. Grimm customer service was great. I originally purchased the wrong model bracket and they sent me the proper bracket free of charge.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
you got pics of dif angles of those fender flares from paramount?
Let me get off work I’ll snag a few photos for you, for the price they’re decent. I wanna replace them with paramount again later because of some small fitmejt issues eventually.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
lol - keeping this thread going... I have a 392 and am not seeing any room under the hood, so either under the seat or under the cargo compartment floor... for those who were asking about in the cargo area but behind the rear passenger side seats might want to look and some of the JK MOLLE panels that mount back there.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Is that because you already have something mounted there? I installed the InnovativeAT 4-tire system under the passenger seat and I love it. It is so easy to air down and up, and when something is easy to do you tend to do it.
At the time that mount didn’t exist. I don’t run a ARB anymore. I have a powertank.
Sponsored