Mounting ARB Air Compressor

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Could you have mounted lower? Do you have a list of parts you needed to mount the compressor?
I originally had it mounted slightly lower and more forward. You can see the original top forward hole in this picture. It fit, but one of the air filters touched the seat back and it touched the carpeting. I didn’t want it to melt the carpet (not sure if it would but played safe) so moved it. It likely could be mounted lower, as I pretty much put it as high as I could.

Scott

AD903856-BA7B-465D-B449-16ED743EF4D0.jpeg

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I originally had it mounted slightly lower and more forward. You can see the original top forward hole in this picture. It fit, but one of the air filters touched the seat back and it touched the carpeting. I didn’t want it to melt the carpet (not sure if it would but played safe) so moved it. It likely could be mounted lower, as I pretty much put it as high as I could.

Scott

AD903856-BA7B-465D-B449-16ED743EF4D0.jpeg

Thanks. I have the Tuffy security trunk and I like the idea.

What did you buy to use as the stand off spacers to move it away from the side wall of the enclosure? And do you remember the bolt sizes you used

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

What did you buy to use as the stand off spacers to move it away from the side wall of the enclosure? And do you remember the bolt sizes you used
I went to Ace Hardware with the mounting bolts and matched them up. I think they were an M8, but not fully sure of that. I also got some bronze bushings that fit over the mounting bolts. I think 1-1/2” long. I can measure tomorrow and check. My compressor was the portable in the case, so it’s configuration may be slightly different than the one designed to be mounted. If you need hoses, you can find them cheaper without the ARB brand. https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIC-Hydrau...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Mine uses the JIC end on the compressor and the air chuck.

I also mounted the tank on the inside of the trunk wall. Thought about cutting the wall and mounting it half in and half out, so it didn’t take up as much room, but decided that was too much effort.

Scott

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

The spacers are only an inch long and I just clear the lip. Here’s my tank mounted too. I have over a hand thickness between the compressor and the carpet and seat back.

Scott

09030F6A-851C-4B57-A3BD-A18D684A1EBE.jpeg

E855A588-495F-43BF-86FE-6748CAB24B68.jpeg

CF5DC488-BF36-4379-9253-4ADC15742403.jpeg

AlpacaLies

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Not super hot on engine bay mounting for heat concerns. Inside the wheel well liner seems crazy for water crossings, as does putting it under the seat (recall that all our seats are manual because Jeep didn’t want to put electric motors that could short during water intrusion).
My thought is to use a swing out box in the bed of my gladiator and mount a single cylinder ARB compressor in there (rubber gaskets to make it water proof for wires).
Thoughts?

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
The ARB compressors are sealed and can be ran through water. The two caveats is to relocate the air intake filter to a high and dry spot and to not let dirt/muck/mud stack up in-between the two compressor bodies, you gotta keep that area clear so the fan can cool the cylinder heads.

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
do you have to keep the lid open every time you operate it? can you run the air intakes out somehow? i often have a full trunk, it would be crazy to unload every time.
Negative. The American Adventure lab base is always on. It has plenty of holes for air flow.

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement