First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Here is a possible solution. I'm going to order one and give it a try, I think
Jeep-JL-ARB-Compressor-Bracket-12.jpg
do you have to keep the lid open every time you operate it? can you run the air intakes out somehow? i often have a full trunk, it would be crazy to unload every time.
Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

jsore

First Name
James Sorenson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC Trailhawk, '21 392 traded, '24 392 ordered
It took awhile, but I was able to come up with a mount under hood for the ARB twin. Clearances are pretty tight but it works like a charm. One of the sweet things about having it under the hood is the ease of wiring to the aux switch and creating an attachment for the air hose. I’ve attached some pix.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 77786E62-C0E8-4BB1-BCA1-226005B6D5CE

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 77786E62-C0E8-4BB1-BCA1-226005B6D5CE
Count me in too. Keep us posted as if and how we can get the brackets.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
How was the Grimm install? I'm leaning towards this mount.

Thank you!

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
the Grimm install for me was easy. I wasn’t overly careful pulling the fender flare and broke 4 of the retaining clips. There’s also another plastic push pin on the liner that broke on me as well.
best to have a few of those just in case.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 1628182599686

Unrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4door
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been using the Varozza ARB mount for well over a year. For us it works great, I lift the hood to connect my air hose and to allow it to draw in cooler air. It sits high in the engine bay and doesn’t get wet. It is well made and fit just like the instructions claimed.

OutdoorMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
So does the vent now just blow onto the compressor? Like it’s cut shorter?
This is the very reason I didn't get ARB's mount because it made me nervous to cut the venting. You cut 300mm of venting to set it in. I got IJK Products version because I don't have to cut to install it, but it is more visible that way though.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

This is the very reason I didn't get ARB's mount because it made me nervous to cut the venting. You cut 300mm of venting to set it in. I got IJK Products version because I don't have to cut to install it, but it is more visible that way though.

The vent cut was probably the easiest part of the installation. If you are not using the reservoir for the lockers, you don't need to cut as much off. I simply made the cut, installed the unit and then tapped the wide opening portion back onto the cut part after I trimmed it a bit to make it work so that the vent open is blowing right at the compressor. This way I keep the A/C on when I am running the compressor to help with the heat. It has not hampered the flow to the back seat during enough for anyone to notice.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
The vent cut was probably the easiest part of the installation. If you are not using the reservoir for the lockers, you don't need to cut as much off. I simply made the cut, installed the unit and then tapped the wide opening portion back onto the cut part after I trimmed it a bit to make it work so that the vent open is blowing right at the compressor. This way I keep the A/C on when I am running the compressor to help with the heat. It has not hampered the flow to the back seat during enough for anyone to notice.
In the north west, I’m more likely to have the heat on. And trying to remember to turn the AC on to air up is likely not going to happen.

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

In the north west, I’m more likely to have the heat on. And trying to remember to turn the AC on to air up is likely not going to happen.
Which system did you end up with? I think the only one that is not going to get hot is the one that goes in the rear against the wheel well wall behind the seat.

The under hood mounts are having problems with heat.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Which system did you end up with? I think the only one that is not going to get hot is the one that goes in the rear against the wheel well wall behind the seat.

The under hood mounts are having problems with heat.
I sold the ARB and installed the ORO (Off Road Only) York compressor kit on the front of my 3.6 motor. I love it and it airs up tires super fast now.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I sold the ARB and installed the ORO (Off Road Only) York compressor kit on the front of my 3.6 motor. I love it and it airs up tires super fast now.
Would have loved to do that myself! I have a York compressor on my TJ. The ORO kit will not work with the 3.6 and eTorque or I would have gone that route.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
do you have to keep the lid open every time you operate it? can you run the air intakes out somehow? i often have a full trunk, it would be crazy to unload every time.
No, and yes. AAL makes a remote panel to mount the intakes on, but people have also made their own, the AAL one is a PITA to install
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 20211001_104058

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 20210522_100134