www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
50 bucks? That's insane. At that price you are halfway towards a real skid.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I thought that was for the rear so I’m back to square one for the M200. Shoot

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
50 bucks? That's insane. At that price you are halfway towards a real skid.
The red shovel is 3.2x the cost, and I was never really thrilled with the design as it reduces clearance & approach angle at the differential. Also I would personally want to repaint it.

Metalcloak's skid is 2.6x the cost, which doesn't include fluids, needs to be painted/powdercoeted, and doesn't work with factory track bar (and possibly others).

Next Venture's skid is 5.6x the cost, which is also recommended to be used with their differential cover (an additional $189 for the raw steel version). This is probably the ultimate in protection and most additional weight.

Maximus-3's fake skid is cheap, lightweight, and can be bolted on in 5 minutes with no other modifications. It's obvious that the level of protection isn't as great as some of the other offerings, but for those with stockish Jeeps it seems like a good option to get the drain plug protected.

Are there any others I missed?

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The red shovel is 3.2x the cost, and I was never really thrilled with the design as it reduces clearance & approach angle at the differential. Also I would personally want to repaint it.

Metalcloak's skid is 2.6x the cost, which doesn't include fluids, needs to be painted/powdercoeted, and doesn't work with factory track bar (and possibly others).

Next Venture's skid is 5.6x the cost, which is also recommended to be used with their differential cover (an additional $189 for the raw steel version). This is probably the ultimate in protection and most additional weight.

Maximus-3's fake skid is cheap, lightweight, and can be bolted on in 5 minutes with no other modifications. It's obvious that the level of protection isn't as great as some of the other offerings, but for those with stockish Jeeps it seems like a good option to get the drain plug protected.

Are there any others I missed?
You missed the point.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this? $50 isn’t bad for a little extra protection on the drain plug.
Sponsored