Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
@Maximus-3

I haven't seen any threads/post on this and I was wondering if anyone in the forums has 1st hand experience. It looks like a nice lower profile compared to the Rancho or Metalcloak skids. However, you loose a lot of protection of the whole front differential but as the name implies it's to help protect the plug which 90% of us are probably most concerned about. It seams like a nice $50 peace of mind.

https://maximus-3.com/suspension/jl-wrangler/aximus-3-jl-jt-drain-plug-skid

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 Drain Plug Skid drain plug skid.PNG
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
@Maximus-3

I haven't seen any threads/post on this and I was wondering if anyone in the forums has 1st hand experience. It looks like a nice lower profile compared to the Rancho or Metalcloak skids. However, you loose a lot of protection of the whole front differential but as the name implies it's to help protect the plug which 90% of us are probably most concerned about. It seams like a nice $50 peace of mind.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 Drain Plug Skid drain plug skid.PNG
If I was sticking with factory axles, i'd do this.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It strikes me as a feel-good measure that doesn't make sense in reality. First, it'd be easily snagged backing off an obstacle. Second, the big hole just introduces its own problems - rocks can still reach in there and hang you up. I'd take my chances with the smoother profile of no skid at all rather than this.

OP
OP
Jabarsetti

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
It strikes me as a feel-good measure that doesn't make sense in reality. First, it'd be easily snagged backing off an obstacle. Second, the big hole just introduces its own problems - rocks can still reach in there and hang you up. I'd take my chances with the smoother profile of no skid at all rather than this.
Interesting thoughts, that's why I posted it. I wanted to spark a conversation, and hear others opinions. I wasn't really looking at the backing off of an obstacle. However, minus the big hole I would think it would keep debris, and ground from making contact and the potential risk of messing it up and causing it to back out. This definitely isn't for those who play in the rock gardens.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I just bought one. Not planning on rock crawling, just looking for extra protection in case I hit something unexpectedly. Much lighter and cheaper then the other options I've seen, so figured give ot a try.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jabarsetti

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought one. Not planning on rock crawling, just looking for extra protection in case I hit something unexpectedly. Much lighter and cheaper then the other options I've seen, so figured give ot a try.
Do you know if it is raw metal or painted? the pictures show both but there isn't an option to choose. I might call them after work

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Do you know if it is raw metal or painted? the pictures show both but there isn't an option to choose. I might call them after work
I'd call them. They're pretty friendly. The website says, "Two finish options: Yellow Zinc plating or Black Powder Coat.", but websites are often wrong.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He's right. Zinc or powder coat. No rubi red - thanks god. Manufactured in USA. Nice guys - will install their own parts if you pay them.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That's not any more low profile than the Metalcloak skid. That thing will do more harm than good when you snag it on something.

Reactions: apb

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed today. Part fits up flush with the diff with a an angled flange that matches the angle at the back of the diff. IMO there is not much of an edge to catch on, and the edges that are there are rounded. I feel that the protection is good, and the chances of it catching on something and ripping off are minimal. Should do what it was intended to do. If I have any problems I'll post it.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Strikes me as a joke. Yeah it will protect the plug but that is a ludicrous price point for what it is. Bolts probably cost them .10 each and the metal maybe $7. I'd guess they have $10 at most in it and are getting $50... man I need to come up with this stuff.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
@Maximus-3

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 Drain Plug Skid 6375-diff-cover-kit-1
I guess it’s no longer available.

OP
OP
Jabarsetti

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it’s no longer available.
well that was short lived! I never went through with the purchase, so I wouldn't be able to tell how good/bad it would be.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0