First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
I wonder how well this would go over with a truss welded on the axle. They’d probably tell me to buzz off and blame it on that. No failure yet though. Fingers crossed
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I wonder how well this would go over with a truss welded on the axle. They’d probably tell me to buzz off and blame it on that. No failure yet though. Fingers crossed
Pull the sensors and pot them, then you don’t have to worry about it.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Pull the sensors and pot them, then you don’t have to worry about it.
I may try it this spring if time permits. But I will be regearing soon so maybe I’ll talk to the guys at the shop and see if they can do it while it’s out.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I am potting mine in the next couple weeks, (with new covers). Then to do the wife's.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I may try it this spring if time permits. But I will be regearing soon so maybe I’ll talk to the guys at the shop and see if they can do it while it’s out.
Just realize once they fail they are gone. It’s a pretty big gamble for a few bucks and maybe 30 minutes/axle + dry time. They’ve been known to fail in as little as a few thousand miles.

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
LOL Yes, that is one of the sensors I found during my search.. I remember finding another one with the exact on / off currents .... but I did not care to save the links...

It was fun to learn how the sensor is used to determine the position of the locker.. good stuff... BAD Sensor.. it is weird we have not seen a solution to this.. it is not like TE Connectivity started making this type of sensors a year ago.. they have experience making them and a big catalog of similar sensors... ohh well.. I hope you can dig deeper into this TE sensor mystery .. LOL.. Thanks!

Check out page 3 of the datasheet. The off state and on state supply currents basically match those you measured. I bet it’s one of these.

https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/AH323xQ_AH327xQ.pdf

Last edited:

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am potting mine in the next couple weeks, (with new covers). Then to do the wife's.
I used 3M Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive DP2216 to seal mine.. it was recommended by a 3M tech person on the phone as being good for harsh chemicals / temps.. it takes about half life of the Universe to cure LOL... I used it both on the sensor and on a motorcycle gas tank...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@JeepCares is there anyway you can show this thread and the other, longer thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...arranty-part-not-available-for-puchase.54531/
to Jeep or Dana Spicer management? I’d think a quick phone call could save both companies tens of thousands of dollars.
A quick phone call will not do anything, I have over 40 long phone calls to Jeep, and Chrysler and Dana. None of them were quick. The guy at Dana has asked me to please stop calling him.

Just buy the Z Automotive locker harness and be done with it.

Mind you this is a DANA issue as they are the ones that built that POS sensor. It is Jeeps fault for not demanding a fix and Jeeps fault that they will not sell just the sensor.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This issue is likely being worked on. Its going to take quite a while to see a FCA fix, IMO, if the steering box issue is any indication.

Obviously, just installing the same design of part, in place of a failed part, is a bandaid.

So, somebody has to redesign a part, produce prototypes, test them, then decide if they fixed the issue, then make production parts. The new parts have to be kitted with any special tools or materials. Service information on diagnosis have to be determined and written. All this work has to be prioritized within the company(s) involved. Funding has to be agreed on, scheduling of the engineering and manufacturing has to be done. Then the kits have to be produced and distributed. All of this can take many months or even years, depending on the priority. We had many similar circumstances in the aircraft biz.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I hacked my lockers a week after I bought my rig back in 2018. I wanted to use the rear lockers in 2wd, and front and rear or front only if needed in 4H and 4L. Since then the Tazer allows me to do the same thing. I use it for the lockers now but still have my harnesses for my aux switches in place. Now they’ve become my security blanket, or back up plan. I’m not having any trouble at the moment, but it’s a nice feeling to know if the module fails , all I have to do is unplug and plug in, and I’m off and running again. Here’s link....

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lockers-whenever-i-want-them.18939/

It’s just another option if you’re like me and don’t plan on potting modules until I re-gear or if your waiting for whatever reason. You can get the pair of harnesses for 150.00 and it takes about 30 minutes.
I know if you have the Tazer in the Jeep you can engage the lockers whenever you want but how do you engage only the front lockers using the Tazer. I was actually on an obstacle the other day where I wanted only front but obviously it's rear only are both of them as the defaults.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know if you have the Tazer in the Jeep you can engage the lockers whenever you want but how do you engage only the front lockers using the Tazer. I was actually on an obstacle the other day where I wanted only front but obviously it's rear only are both of them as the defaults.
Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about with aux switch I can engage front only.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My guess: They wouldn't touch it. The only fix now is to replace the axle and send it back to Dana. They can't return an axle with a truss welded to it.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess: They wouldn't touch it. The only fix now is to replace the axel and send it back to Dana. They can't return an axel with a truss welded to it.
Worst case scenario you simply hardwire the locker with the MOPAR harness and control it manually with a switch... like the old times !! LOL

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My rear locker light keeps coming on as well. I'm still under warranty. Let's see how fast they opt to swap the sensor over the axle ;)
@JeepCares is there anyway you can show this thread and the other, longer thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...arranty-part-not-available-for-puchase.54531/
to Jeep or Dana Spicer management? I’d think a quick phone call could save both companies tens of thousands of dollars.
good job.. unfortunately, I do not own a Rubicon so I cannot further test the interaction between the module and the sensor.. I did some search for Hall Effect sensors with similar characteristics as the one I found in the sensor module.. and I found a few... but then I gave up because I needed to reassemble my axle housing and also because I naively thought FCA was going to solve the issue in short term... LOL.... this is so pathetic.. having to replace an entire axle because of a simple sensor..

I wonder if Jeep Cares has better access to the current state of this issue... is TE Connectivity going to release the sensor to the market ? are we going to be able to buy the sensor from MOPAR or other sources?

I actually think the addition of the sensor to the locker is a really cool feature allowing the computers to know if the locker is actually working ... pretty neat.... now, TE Connectivity... please fix the damn sensor! LOL
A quick phone call will not do anything, I have over 40 long phone calls to Jeep, and Chrysler and Dana. None of them were quick. The guy at Dana has asked me to please stop calling him.

Just buy the Z Automotive locker harness and be done with it.

Mind you this is a DANA issue as they are the ones that built that POS sensor. It is Jeeps fault for not demanding a fix and Jeeps fault that they will not sell just the sensor.
Hello everyone!

Thanks for mentioning our JeepCares team and making us aware of these concerns that you are experiencing. However, I can assure you that we are closely monitoring these conversations and documenting your concerns for review. The appropriate teams will be notified and we will keep you updated throughout the process. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team with questions and concerns if you need additional support while working with your Jeep dealers. Thank you for your patience!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hello everyone!

Thanks for mentioning our JeepCares team and making us aware of these concerns that you are experiencing. However, I can assure you that we are closely monitoring these conversations and documenting your concerns for review. The appropriate teams will be notified and we will keep you updated throughout the process. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team with questions and concerns if you need additional support while working with your Jeep dealers. Thank you for your patience!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
When will we be able to buy these sensors? When will these sensors be fixed so they no longer leak and fail?
Sponsored