Sponsored

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Looks and sounds like water somewhere. I'd take a bunch more pics of every side and angle. I'd consider talking to your insurance company. I know someone who drove through a flooded viaduct and their car developed intermit electrical issues afterwards. The insurance company totaled the car because of it. It was a 8 month old car.

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The batteries are located on the passenger side, the auxiliary under the fuse box. At the angle the Jeep appears to be in, it’s possible water entered where it shouldn’t have and caused a short.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Even if @philowood flooded out his JL, that wouldnt explain all the electrical gremlins, unless the water got into the fusebox. I don't know how watertight the fuse box is.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The batteries are located on the passenger side, the auxiliary under the fuse box. At the angle the Jeep appears to be in, it’s possible water entered where it shouldn’t have and caused a short.
This is a BSG setup...etorque. The extra battery is under the rear left passenger seat. I am betting it has a faulty seal. OP needs to check battery voltage for fluctuations....

Sponsored

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is a BSG setup...etorque. The extra battery is under the rear left passenger seat. I am betting it has a faulty seal. OP needs to check battery voltage for fluctuations....
That is what I was thinking. Also, not sure how high the water is on the right side, but I think the BSG itself is on that side and somewhat near the middle of the engine. Wonder if water could have enter the BSG?

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I have a 2020 Rubicon, we got into some water yesterday, and the whole jeep shut down and locked itself. It took us a little over two hrs to get her to start again. Once started, the electrical was a hot mess, the dome light flickered on and off the whole ride home, turn signals went out, cruise wouldn't work, couldn't get the lockers to lock, couldn't get into 4wd, couldn't get into neutral. left us totally stranded. I thought this is what jeeps were made for?? Does anyone have any input?? Thank you
[/
Looking at that picture it is leaning to the passenger side, I bet it’s way deeper on the right side. Look at the angle of the bottom of the drivers door to the water. Hope it dries out ok.

Gregj
I live in Chicago yes the rain was bad but it should come with some type of factory warranty

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
...... I thought this is what boats were made for?? ...............
I fixed it for you. I never understood the point in intentionally driving through water. I get if there's a little water on a trail that you can't go around, but some people seek it out, and the deeper the better. Just look a few posts back, driving 1/4 mile through water up to the hood.
I know, some people just think it's fun, and more power to them. Some like to crawl over a pile of rocks, some like to drive into a pit of mud, and some want to go where boats belong. Not my cup of tea, and I'll never understand the appeal, but then many people say that a Jeep is wasted on people like me. They're probably right since my Ram was able to go everywhere I've taken my Jeep, and everywhere I probably will in the future. I'll keep mine on moderate trails where I may cross a few inches of water, not a few feet. Y'all are nuts and I'm never surprised to hear when something brakes.

That said, I've seen some people ford some pretty deep water without issues. Heck I've been in Jeeps that have gone through deep water (as a passenger). As long as you didn't exceed the maximum depth noted on the rear gate I'd assume it's a bad seal somewhere. Hopefully you didn't dip into a deep spot that briefly took you over depth, because I can imagine FCA will fight replacing anything if they see evidence of water over the maximum depth.
Good luck to you, I hope it works out.