Sponsored

Lock Down

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hopefully you didn't dip into a deep spot that briefly took you over depth, because I can imagine FCA will fight replacing anything if they see evidence of water over the maximum depth.
If there are persistent problems, that is more likely to be an insurance issue instead of warranty. Hope it doesn't come to that. I know somebody that lives in the desert and slipped sideway into a rather large puddle, one half of the Jeep in water the other not and it was totaled.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
If there are persistent problems, that is more likely to be an insurance issue instead of warranty. Hope it doesn't come to that. I know somebody that lives in the desert and slipped sideway into a rather large puddle, one half of the Jeep in water the other not and it was totaled.
I agree. Probably a flood/water damage loss.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
On one occasion, when I was young, inexperienced, adventurous, and about half drunk, I drove my new '75 Toyota Land Cruiser (soft top) through a salt water pond at low tide. It was about 12" deep, 100' wide and I was doing about 30. Long, sad story short, it was the ultimate ruin of that vehicle. Other than rain and washing, I pretty much avoid water these days.
Sponsored