Sponsored

So what's a realistic time frame for FCA to lock down the JL reveal date?

SMYYOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Rubicon
Occupation
Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I can say this but my word is anonymous and a second voice is the only true way this can be confirmed. Just saying don't think you will see an actual 18 till then. Of course unless someone here sneaks a picture somehow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Cloak & dagger...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I can say this but my word is anonymous and a second voice is the only true way this can be confirmed. Just saying don't think you will see an actual 18 till then. Of course unless someone here sneaks a picture somehow.
Will the order banks be pushed back? I mean I think LA Auto show makes sense as they will not reveal the Wrangler out of the U.S., but I would be surprised if they didn't do a press launch earlier with order banks opening up in Oct, and then have the production model on the floor for the first auto show being LA.

SMYYOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Rubicon
Occupation
Singer of Sentimental Ballads
@Vegas_Sirk that sounds about right but maybe a bit later. Production models won't hit the showroom till mid late December. If they can keep up with the current production turn out of about 6 weeks, Well, it's all math.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
@Vegas_Sirk that sounds about right but maybe a bit later. Production models won't hit the showroom till mid late December.
However showrooms have always gotten Wranglers weeks after the customers who order as soon as the order banks open. Dealer launches and press campaign usually occur in September, long after the official launch, and usually months after the delivery of the first late summer vehicles people ordered as soon as they could.

LA is too late on so many levels, and pretty much a poor-man's Detroit at that point, gaining you a month.
If they're gonna miss the order banks, then might as well launch at Detroit like all the previous generations. Talking about heritage and then launching at LA instead of Detroit, and trying to play up 'made in America' thousands of miles from where they are made, all are major missed opportunities that would look like the marketing of a High School class, not proffesionals.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
We're seeing a lot of mules. I hope any reveal delay is more due to testing and quality control (a tenet that is still mostly unfamiliar to Chrysler and Jeep) as less the typical, expected corporate bureaucracy.

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Was there actually a delay? I thought they just didn't lock down plans until now. Well if they must I rather they take their time before releasing but definitely SHOW it first.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Correct, no delay.
Which was the point of this thread... When will they lock down the reveal? Now we know. (sort of)

I still expect them to have a big stand-alone reveal prior to the LA show & prior to the order window opening.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
If the order banks open before any sort of reveal I will order sight unseen if they will let me.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the order banks open before any sort of reveal I will order sight unseen if they will let me.
The problem is, outside of the Top 20 at this recent meeting, how many dealerships will even know how to properly order a JL(U) Wrangler?

Even with a known commodity like a JK and only minor tweaks from year to year, finding a dealer who is capable of putting together an order is already tough as it is, some don't even let customers order in that period. Just look at the build threads in the various forums to see the high propensity of mediocre dealers best suited to sell what's on the lot than order what you want, and that's for an existing model.

If things remain this cloak & dagger, it's going to be a cluster-flop trying to get an order in at an average dealer, especially if you and/or they have no order experience and no relationship.

While I'm not ordering until a few months into the first or second model year; I do trust my dealers who've already placed 3 non-standard factory builds for me with odd combos (or brought out of province vehicles to match needs no longer available) to do it right or make it right, but for anyone without that relationship I see a high likelyhood of miscommunications and elevated emotions.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
The problem is, outside of the Top 20 at this recent meeting, how many dealerships will even know how to properly order a JL(U) Wrangler?

Even with a known commodity like a JK and only minor tweaks from year to year, finding a dealer who is capable of putting together an order is already tough as it is, some don't even let customers order in that period. Just look at the build threads in the various forums to see the high propensity of mediocre dealers best suited to sell what's on the lot than order what you want, and that's for an existing model.

If things remain this cloak & dagger, it's going to be a cluster-flop trying to get an order in at an average dealer, especially if you and/or they have no order experience and no relationship.

While I'm not ordering until a few months into the first or second model year; I do trust my dealers who've already placed 3 non-standard factory builds for me with odd combos (or brought out of province vehicles to match needs no longer available) to do it right or make it right, but for anyone without that relationship I see a high likelyhood of miscommunications and elevated emotions.
My situation is a bit different from the rest I work for the postal service and will be ordering rhd. Last time I checked my options were the color and maybe a limited slip differential. I have a fleet manager at our local dealer who would order it for me I honestly don't know if it will be available as soon as the others or some time later. I'm just hoping it's in the near future my current 2015 Subaru forester has been in the shop for major repairs several times this year and I'm looking to trade up asap!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My situation is a bit different from the rest I work for the postal service and will be ordering rhd.

I suspect like most years RHD US models would be a mid-year thing, however seeing as we are starting so latr into the 2018 ModelYear, and there likely being so much pent-up demand just for JLs, I'm not sure if they'd get to making US RHDs before the 2019 MY.

Good luck though, alot of our mail carrier here up north are driving boring green mini-vans, saw a plethora of them going coast to coast, wish they were driving something more interesting like a JKU sport.

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
I suspect like most years RHD US models would be a mid-year thing, however seeing as we are starting so latr into the 2018 ModelYear, and there likely being so much pent-up demand just for JLs, I'm not sure if they'd get to making US RHDs before the 2019 MY.

Good luck though, alot of our mail carrier here up north are driving boring green mini-vans, saw a plethora of them going coast to coast, wish they were driving something more interesting like a JKU sport.
Your absolutely right from what I've been told they previously only built them in the month of January... Now that Jeep is taking a larger foothold outside of North America i'm betting that it could be ordered year round i was also shown a build out schedule by a sales manager and he indicated that they could start ordering in mid august but wasn't 100% for my vehicle. I'm just eagerly anticipating and refreshing my browser constantly on this page Just like the next guy.
Sponsored