Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
So do the batteries recharge during non battery driving or are you only good for what you put in the night before? Most appreciated.
Press release mentions a "battery save" and "battery charge" mode. There isn't much context there but what I'm guessing is that "Battery charge" mode allows the gas engine to recharge the battery as you drive. Would be very handy for the trail.
Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The battery is warrantied for 10 years or 100kmi/150kmi in the Pacifica. I see no reason to believe it would be different for the Wrangler.
"The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid is backed by a 5-year/60,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty. Beyond that, the High Voltage Battery Limited Warranty is good for 10-year/150,000 miles in zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) states and 10-year/100,000 miles in non-ZEV states. Currently, the 14 ZEV states include California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington."
The poster was concerned about replacing the battery after 12 years. Will it need replacement then? Who knows. Will batteries be less expensive then? Almost certainly. But it would be after the 10 year warranty period.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense but why have someone with a euro accent orating for one of the most iconic AMERICAN brands???
What seemed odd to me was the focus on EV for "city centers". That's a Euro perspective. Maybe they're expecting Europe to embrace both of these models more than the US.

Last edited:

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This was a big question of mine too. Would be great to use my battery getting out of the city, let the gas engine recharge the battery, and then have EV power available on the trail or at the campsite. Press release mentions a toggle between "Battery Save" and "Battery Charge" modes, so here's hoping.
Now , since there is a 110 outlet in back seat, why not just bring a trickle charger and plug into battery port when highway riding.

Sponsored

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt , BMW F800GS
Now , since there is a 110 outlet in back seat, why not just bring a trickle charger and plug into battery port when highway riding.
That outlet is rated at such a low amperage it would be pointless to even try.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! 110 volt chargers give you about 4 miles for every hour charged, so that wouldn't yield you much.

MLHudge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Trans Am 2018 Nissan Titan XD 2020 Chevrolet Equinox
So still no word on when orders will open? And now 2021 delivery?
I had an appointment to order one tomorrow but the color I want isn’t available now and not sure I want the 2.0 PHEV. I was hoping for the 3.6 like in the Pacifica

MLHudge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Trans Am 2018 Nissan Titan XD 2020 Chevrolet Equinox
That rear seat isn't going to fold flat now is it?
I read they redesigned the seat for the bottom to flip up. I assume the tops lays down but that part wasn’t mentioned

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

No offense but why have someone with a euro accent orating for one of the most iconic AMERICAN brands???
I find, when someone starts off with "no offence..." they know what they are saying will cause offence. Who cares what someone's accent is?

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
At 80mph the electric range will deplete very quickly anyway.
Indeed...but the local police discourage such speeds in my town and on the local highways. I bet if I buy one, I'll try to stretch the range as much as possible.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Well, we know they aren't sourcing batteries from Tesla, based on the chemistry being used. I wish I hadn't had the collision that totalled my Cherokee. Otherwise, it would be right up for trade-in time when the Hybrid hits the market. This sounds perfect - daily drive on electric, drive to trails and parks in hybrid mode. Run the trail on full electric.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I don't think any storage space is compromised, unless you were carrying groceries in your sub frame. It does say rear seat is redesigned.

It absolutely is compromised. Look at the picture on page 1. The battery takes up all what little space there was under the seat. The redesign is just the cushions folding forward so you can better access the beryllium spheres. Also the back portion of the those seats will need to fold flat or that will kill the boot altogether.
Sponsored