Sponsored

First look at the Jeep Wrangler 4XE hybrid electric PHEV in the flesh!

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm pretty sure the power plant and the battery were pulled from a different vehicle. It all depends one how much research and development they had. My only concern is cost if the diesel version is pricey how much would this one cost.
Hopefully from a vehicle that didn’t have issues, unlike a diesel from the Ram.
Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
NPE102414 hit the nail on the head in an earlier post. Jeep can't even figure out steering on the current JL's - loose steering, steering locking up, wandering, death wobble, etc. Sure, this looks awesome and I'd love to have one some day but I'd wait until 3rd or 4th year of production on these.
Exactly! For the amount of money we paid for these things I wasn’t willing to be a guinea pig. I chose the tried and true 3.6 and couldn’t be happier

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm not a fan of the blue accents and would paint, dip or swap over all of it.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I want one. XD

Of course I'm not going to buy one, and the 4xe badging is silly. The blue trim on the rubicon logo and the blue rings look cool, though.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I want one. XD

Of course I'm not going to buy one, and the 4xe badging is silly. The blue trim on the rubicon logo and the blue rings look cool, though.
I can see the aftermarket. People pimping out the blue trim with a subtle blue led so it has a slight glow. I think the Prius had that for it's logo or something.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would “hemi” swap that bitch lol
Hemi badges should only go on things that have Hemis in them. :D

The real reason I'd want one of these, though, is the potential city gas mileage. I never drive on the freeways. Except maybe to get out of town to get to a trail. And I live in LA, so driving on the freeway most of the time is like driving down main street pretty much everywhere else lol.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The real reason I'd want one of these, though, is the potential city gas mileage. I never drive on the freeways. Except maybe to get out of town to get to a trail. And I live in LA, so driving on the freeway most of the time is like driving down main street pretty much everywhere else lol.
That's where electrics shine, especially in warm climates.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Hemi badges should only go on things that have Hemis in them. :D
Then the entire current FCA lineup shouldn't have Hemi badges. Anyone familiar with engines knows that what FCA is badging as a "Hemi" these days is really much more of a pent-roof then it is a true Hemi like the 426. But it makes for catchy marketing.
Sponsored