Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
See, you want to make this all about us....rather than the topic. Or you're shirking the question posed.

I'll repost it:

Instead of a dissertation (I'm guilty of them as well) can we just get to the point?

Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?
I have already replied to that. I believe a mental beatdown is way more effective than a physical beatdown. As stated, nobody see a shrink for a physical beatdown. It is always the mental beat down that requires therapy. I believe in the use of force continuum. Use of force continuum

That still does not change the fact that you by your own omission, have acted in a way that people have attempted to punch you in your mouth. You call it free speech, and I say you where probably acting disrespectful. So again, what was your behavior that made other people attempt to punch you in the mouth? Or are you going to duck that question again?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't checked in here since page 15... WTF happened?

When are we all going to agree that the only real Jeep is a 2-door manual Rubicon Recon Mojave Hellcat, and anything less isn't even adequate for a gravel road?
Well, it started here
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 20200801_194533

Then this happened
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT DERAILTWO

Up until the other day, I wouldn't have agreed with you about that. But impatient me decided I had enough jeep to cut through the far end of the parking lot that never sees the street sweeper. There was so much sand that I could barely see the lane lines, and don't even get me started on that wisp of dead leaves. I decided to use a bit of momentum on my second attempt, but almost ended up in the petunias and fresh laid mulch. I never screamed so much in my life. My throats still sore, days later. (Leave that one alone Notorious ) Luckily, a really nice guy came along and pulled me out with his Ford ranger.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Well, it started here

Then this happened

Up until the other day, I wouldn't have agreed with you about that. But impatient me decided I had enough jeep to cut through the far end of the parking lot that never sees the street sweeper. There was so much sand that I could barely see the lane lines, and don't even get me started on that wisp of dead leaves. I decided to use a bit of momentum on my second attempt, but almost ended up in the petunias and fresh laid mulch. I never screamed so much in my life. My throats still sore, days later. (Leave that one alone Notorious ) Luckily, a really nice guy came along and pulled me out with his Ford ranger.
Was this you?

t0snfr3qbbnrtpr3kh2p.png

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
See, you want to make this all about us....rather than the topic. Or you're shirking the question posed.

I'll repost it:

Instead of a dissertation (I'm guilty of them as well) can we just get to the point?

Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?
I disagree. I think if you make up a percentage of any type of Jeeping you should get a punch in the mouth, at least 90% of the time. :devil:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You have NOT answered that question.

Here's what you said (and I agree with).....

That's not an answer to the pointed question you were posed.

Show me once where I've stated that I don't think violence is a very plausible repercussion to speech. You can't, b/c I never did. I've said it shouldn't be from an idealistic viewpoint of free speech.

I've stated what I believe quite clearly.

So why can't you just answer the question with an agree/disagree?

Again, you just cannot stop with the Ad Hominens, can you? :CWL:

I'll spell it out for you....if you look at the quote you're taking out of context, you'll see that I agreed that people have tried to punch me (in the face; couldn't tell you if they were aiming for my mouth)....I didn't agree to the why someone was trying to punch me in the mouth in that quote.

I'm not ducking anything. I can start listing the reasons, but I can't recall a time where it came about b/c of me being condescending to someone.

I've had it happen while placing someone under arrest or while in a couple of foot chases.

I've had it happen in a bar fight where I just happened to be the biggest guy in my group so the guy that was looking to start shit (who was mad at my friend for looking at his gf...I never said a word) decided I should go down first.

I've had it happen where my friend's step sister's drunk bf was threatening to beat him up (super nice guy who wasn't looking for a fight in the slightest) and when I politely asked him to leave him alone and calm down, he threw a punch.

I can name off a few other instances, but they are irrelevant to the topic at hand. You are so eager to "win" a point that you're desperately searching for tangents while grasping at straws. The sad part is you think no one noticed. You and I both know this is becoming a shit show of you passively aggressively pounding your chest about what a tough, yet nice guy you are. The thing you're not realizing is: I don't care. Part of the reason I didn't list any of the above fights was b/c I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest about what a bad ass I am. In my younger days, perhaps I was formidable. Now, not a chance in hell. I'm old and broke down.

You seem to have the impression (from all your "personal attacks" about someone wanting to "punch me in the mouth") that I just go around talking shit. Nope. I have civilized discussions with people (and maybe that's just not possible online since you can't see tone) about controversial topics that usually lead to both people coming away with a better understanding (not agreement as that shouldn't be the point of communication) of the other's perspective.

You and I, however, are failing miserably. Mostly, at this point, b/c when boiled down to its essence you refuse to answer the direct question.
Yeah, blab blab blab, you really just want to live in a world where you can say anything you want with out the fear of someone punching you in the mouth. I believe that living in a world where people should be in some fear of being punched in the mouth for being disrespectful, condescending or just acting like an asshole would be a better world. I don't understand how this is so hard for you to understand except you don't want to be held accountable for your behavior. Do you really want someone to call the cops every time someone acts disrespectful or like a total douche? I don't. Why don't you admit that there are times that you bite your tongue because hey that dude might punch me in the mouth situation?

In reality there are very few places in this world where you can go and say anything you want and not get punched in the mouth. Those places are usually filled with people that are restrained by profession like law enforcement, or there are a bunch of weak, non confrontational people there. If you think I am wrong, go into any biker bar and start talking your free speech about how ugly and stupid the people in the biker bar is. Let me know how that works out for you.

Keep talking about a world free of consequences and I will continue to live in the real world and know that common curtesy exist in my world and also I will realize that just because I can say it, does not mean I should say it.

So is your direct question should people be punched in the mouth for being disrespectful when excising their free speech. Yes in certain situation. Free speech does not mean free of consequences. This is something else that you can't seem to grasp.

And just because I don't run around punching people in the mouth, does not mean I don't understand how and why it happens. Just about every person has been in a situation or witnessed a situation where they thought to themselves, that person needs to be punched in the mouth.

You think this is about winning an argument. I don't even think we are arguing. There does not have to be a winner or a loser. I thought we were just exchanging ideas and thoughts. I don't even care if you change your position on this discussion.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
My Rubicon is a dedicated “rock crawler”. My tires are always dirty...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 4E083284-D463-406B-B4BA-AB920BD29C1E
Interesting colored rock residue, on your tire. Are you climbing rainbows, or just messing up your kids Chalk Art??

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You guys realize that this private back-and-forth not only hijacks the entire thread, but is in itself a sign of snobbery...!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Lol honestly one of the funniest progressions of posts I've seen in a long time.
Hahahahaha!

It was a toss up between that and...

You said you were just searching for a signal when I asked you to not take any pictures.

Thanks rally!