Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
the original dealer did fix the fender. The most recent work was done by another dealer.

it’s still under the original warranty, but I’m the second owner. I bought it certified pre owned. Do you think a buy back would still be an option?
Unfortunately not. That blows.

How many miles on it?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. That sounds like the way to go.

Hang in there.
Thanks.

I am just struggling with what I get because I cannot afford a new Sahara or Rubi, and there are features I do not want to give up. The only way for me to get everything I want is to go pre-owned, and I would make sure it's certified (even though I have learned that really doesn't mean jack), but then am scared history will repeat itself...

The dealer my jeep is at now has an awesome Overland Gladiator that checks all the boxes and some, but again, it's certified pre-owned. Lightning can't strike in the same place twice, right? Right?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.

I am just struggling with what I get because I cannot afford a new Sahara or Rubi, and there are features I do not want to give up. The only way for me to get everything I want is to go pre-owned, and I would make sure it's certified (even though I have learned that really doesn't mean jack), but then am scared history will repeat itself...

The dealer my jeep is at now has an awesome Overland Gladiator that checks all the boxes and some, but again, it's certified pre-owned. Lightning can't strike in the same place twice, right? Right?
Given your unique situation, when you are ready to make your move, I'd go to the CDJR sales manager and explain to him the following:
  • You bought this CPO Wrangler full of anticipation
  • You have had a terrible ownership experience with it. You don't trust the vehicle any longer and are planning to get rid of it
  • You would prefer to stay with a JL/JT, but don't want to get hosed. Particularly given that you just bought this one
  • If you cannot find another Jeep with comparable features without requiring a significant outlay of funds, you will have to go to the competition
Then let him come back to you.

In fact, you can have this conversation with him right now, even without your JL having been fixed.

Most dealers will help you make the jump now and then figure out how to fix a Jeep that is still under warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Given your unique situation, when you are ready to make your move, I'd go to the CDJR sales manager and explain to him the following:
  • You bought this CPO Wrangler full of anticipation
  • You have had a terrible ownership experience with it. You don't trust the vehicle any longer and are planning to get rid of it
  • You would prefer to stay with a JL/JT, but don't want to get hosed. Particularly given that you just bought this one
  • If you cannot find another Jeep with comparable features without requiring a significant outlay of funds, you will have to go to the competition
Then let him come back to you.

In fact, you can have this conversation with him right now, even without your JL having been fixed.

Most dealers will help you make the jump now and then figure out how to fix a Jeep that is still under warranty.
That seems like some really solid advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out.

I was trying to decide if me telling them my intentions of basically just trading it in as soon as it’s fixed this time would help or hurt me (me basically saying ha, it’s your problem now), but the way you laid it out sounds logical.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That seems like some really solid advice. Thank you for taking the time to write all that out.

I was trying to decide if me telling them my intentions of basically just trading it in as soon as it’s fixed this time would help or hurt me (me basically saying ha, it’s your problem now), but the way you laid it out sounds logical.
I wouldn't be surprised if the prior owner did the exact same thing. That JL seems to have some gremlins that need to be exorcised! LOL

You can also casually plant the seed of your intentions with the service manager, and let him take it to the sales manager...

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be surprised if the prior owner did the exact same thing. That JL seems to have some gremlins that need to be exorcised! LOL

You can also casually plant the seed of your intentions with the service manager, and let him take it to the sales manager...
I will probably do that. SA is meeting with the service manager today, so I’m waiting for them to get back to me. Hoping to hear about a loaner vehicle today, so I’ll try to talk to the service or sales manager when I pick it up.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well, they replaced the transmission valve body, and I picked it up. Made it about 20 miles, at which point the cluster flashed “auto park disengaged” then another mile or so I got the “service electronic stability control” cluster message. followed by the electronic stability control warning light. I exited the highway, and while climbing a hill (accelerating) the check engine light came on and I had a total loss of power. Had to stop, shift to park and drive again, and made it the last half mile home.

Calling a tow truck tomorrow and taking it back to the second dealership. At this point, I’m just at a loss of words.
Hi @YippieKiYayMrFalcon,

We understand how frustrated you must be with this experience. If you would like additional support while in service for this issue, please send us a private message.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
You can check out my topics as-well. The jeep dealerships are terrible, truly the worst I have experienced. The techs have no QC. When I, someone not mechanically inclined, have to point out they installed the wrong part there is serious issues.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
You can check out my topics as-well. The jeep dealerships are terrible, truly the worst I have experienced. The techs have no QC. When I, someone not mechanically inclined, have to point out they installed the wrong part there is serious issues.
Can't argue that most are "questionable" but the dealer I use "Tri-Lakes" in the Branson, Mo area are some of the best folks I've ever dealt with. The service manager has been in that position for years and is well known in many of the communities around here. He also is a girl's basketball coach. We know each other quite well but I've never had to bring anything to him past the service advisors. They are not perfect but they strive to be! Good attitudes, follow through and straight forward. Cheapest guys in the area.....no! (very competitive, however)

I would rather have the best value than the best deal.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
This saga is over. They took mine in on a trade since it was still under warranty.

Replaced with a 2021 80th anniversary.

50E9577B-144D-4F3E-8D77-631FD5EE794C.jpeg
Congratulations. Hopefully the vehicle provides many miles of smiles.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This saga is over. They took mine in on a trade since it was still under warranty.

Replaced with a 2021 80th anniversary.

Jeep Wrangler JL RANT - Over Jeep, their Dealers and FIAT 50E9577B-144D-4F3E-8D77-631FD5EE794C
Nice! Congratulations!

I love those wheels btw.
Sponsored