First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I was hunting when it’s 20* out, there’s no mud puddles like that in northern WI that time of year.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was kind of expecting something like this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1606846486471

or like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1606846486471
Definitely getting a snorkel for next year's Moab>Rubicon trip. :)

B5F8E183-A8B1-40ED-AA61-3145E64F6CD4_1_201_a.jpeg

3E98478E-8832-4634-A36A-28261DCD32E6_1_201_a.jpeg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Definitely getting a snorkel for next year's Moab>Rubicon trip. :)

B5F8E183-A8B1-40ED-AA61-3145E64F6CD4_1_201_a.jpeg
Phil Collins is on record as describing Sussudio as "an imaginary girl's name." What's the backstory on Sususucio? Your website mentions only that was intended for your previous JL.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Phil Collins is on record as describing Sussudio as "an imaginary girl's name." What's the backstory on Sususucio? Your website mentions only that was intended for your previous JL.
You have to be a NetFlix Weeds fan. :) There's an episode named Su-Su-Sucio where the cartel has this guy who's nickname is "Sucio" (spanish for dirty), since the guy never takes a bath, guard Nancy (the star). :)

https://www.netflix.com/watch/70131947?trackId=14277283

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 3E98478E-8832-4634-A36A-28261DCD32E6_1_201_a

or like this.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 3E98478E-8832-4634-A36A-28261DCD32E6_1_201_a
Ted, that's why I really like my new thin fender kit, makes it extra dirty so I can look like I've been places :)

You sure know how to put those STT Pros through the grind :)

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker

or like this.

Wait Ted!!! If I go through the mud that you are going through in your photo, I would be stuck much less going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! My beautiful JEEP!!! NOOOEEEE!!!

So ahem - what you are saying is that if I want to come across as being an a real Jeep enthusiast I should be grabbing pail of mud and splosh it all over my Jeep - if I did not get a chance to do what you are doing? Then I will totally be a cool Jeep owner - totally outdoorsy and macho with a muddy dirty Jeep? Its like putting a athletic cup to make your err I mean to PROTECT your parts from being hit. Is that right Ted??? :idea:

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
This is the oddest thread ever.... and it just keeps going and going. And now I'm making it even longer. :LOL:

I'm amazed that anybody has the time or inclination to care how other people use their jeeps. It's like looking at somebody's riding lawnmower and wondering if they "need" it, or they could mow it with a less expensive mower,. It literally doesn't occur to me to form an opinion about such things. Who cares?

I always look at Jeeps -- every jeep, because I've loved them for almost 60 years. Many are cool, to me, and some are fugly, to me, and some I don't begin to understand (like the fully lowered low-rider with 33" tires on 24" rims) -- but none of that translates to an opinion about the guy or gal I've never met.

I had some work done at a great 4x4 shop in Colorado last summer. There was an amazing Jeep out front with one-ton axels and a very long list of expensive mods. It was incredible. By my reckoning it was over $100,000. Turns out, the gal who owns it has more than $120,000 into it and she's still adding goodies. I can't imagine spending that -- because I'm not rich. When I inquired of the shop owner he said the same gal has a Range Rover that she's got more than $200,000 in. The woman, the owner of a large ranch, is reportedly worth billions of dollars: Vehicles like these are hobbies to her. She does it for fun and, for her, spending $150,000 on a jeep is about like me spending $40 to take my wife out for pizza and a beer. I say good for her -- whether she wheels the crap out of her vehicles or uses them to hold her barn doors open doesn't matter a wit to me.

The_Armed_Gardener

First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Willys 2021 2D, Subaru, Ford Ranger, Aluminum Jet Pump Sled
Occupation
Transit Authority Paratransit Operator
I don't have to read any of this stuff so I skipped to the end. :involve: Um... My wife said, "Whatever you decide to get don't get a big truck like those guys with the little P---s get because they have little guy issues." So, I am getting a Jeep because it's not a big truck but kind of is, lol. She did really say that, BTW.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Wait Ted!!! If I go through the mud that you are going through in your photo, I would be stuck much less going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! My beautiful JEEP!!! NOOOEEEE!!!

So ahem - what you are saying is that if I want to come across as being an a real Jeep enthusiast I should be grabbing pail of mud and splosh it all over my Jeep - if I did not get a chance to do what you are doing? Then I will totally be a cool Jeep owner - totally outdoorsy and macho with a muddy dirty Jeep? Its like putting a athletic cup to make your err I mean to PROTECT your parts from being hit. Is that right Ted??? :idea:
Not at all. I think just owning a Jeep no matter how you use it is awesome. Heck while I wheel a lot, I love cruising around town with the top and doors off too. The photos of the Jeep in Mud was just pointing out that not all Rubicon Jeeps are mall crawlers. Some Rubicons do both and just because a Rubicon looks like a mall crawler, does not mean it does not get wheeled.

Pics or it never happened right. Just chllin at the mall.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1607081085425

AllenTC2

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S in Granite Metallic
I bought my first Wrangler, a 2005 LJ about 3 years ago.....simply because Wranglers are super easy to tow 4-down behind an RV. This past summer, when its mechanical problems outgrew my ability and budget, I got a JL Sport S to replace it. It's my daily driver and will probably never see anything worse than old fire roads and whatnot.

Where does that put me in the snobbery hierarchy? :LOL:

Around here, the snobbery is based more on tire size than trim level.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ted, that's why I really like my new thin fender kit, makes it extra dirty so I can look like I've been places :)

You sure know how to put those STT Pros through the grind :)
Just broke 40,000 miles on the STT Pros yesterday. I believe that I will get at least 55,000 out of them. I have abused them. I have been thinking of posting a long term review about the tires.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Not at all. I think just owning a Jeep no matter how you use it is awesome. Heck while I wheel a lot, I love cruising around town with the top and doors off too. The photos of the Jeep in Mud was just pointing out that not all Rubicon Jeeps are mall crawlers. Some Rubicons do both and just because a Rubicon looks like a mall crawler, does not mean it does not get wheeled.

Pics or it never happened right. Just chllin at the mall.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT 1607081085425
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep snobbery - RANT tedrubico
Sponsored