Sponsored

Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just looked at the booklet that came with it and no phone number on it either. As you can see no phone on Website either. Looks like you can try Facebook to reach too.

You must be talking about the 2-door Jeep. I just pulled up the 4-door Pro and it's in stock.

I know they took my order online and 4 days I had it. Wish I could have found phone number for you.
Thanks, yes it's the 2door cover that I can't find :(
Hopefully they'll get them back in stock soon.
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Some inspiration:

4-door only of course... http://www.dominionoffroad.com/

best_jeep_jl_hi-lift_jack_mount-jpg.jpg

P1020905.jpg

Not sure if this will work on a 2-door:

20180320_175842-jpg.jpg

d9657c6b-4402-4f18-bf36-ec5d555c0f45-jpeg.jpg
I really like the Dominion Off Road Hi-Lift mount. Simple and elegant design. But the Hi-Lift jack itself rattles like crazy so I decided not to permanently keep the jack inside the vehicle but only take it with me on certain trips where I think I might need it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Is this custom? It looks slick - I'm curious what you've done here.
In regards to this post, the original poster got back to me with some info about their shovel mount.

AirportDave said:
The shovel mount was a modification to the Teraflex JL hi lift jack mount installed on the tailgate. Rather than use the bolt studs on that mount for a high lift jack, I justolted in two QuikFist straps in intead, and used that to secure the shovel. I'm sorry I can't send pics since I don't own that Jeep any more.
screen-shot-2020-09-22-at-9-08-06-am-png-png.png

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this on another thread, but posting here since it's on-topic. Recently installed the Rough Country storage box/drawer in my 2 door. Their site says that it works in the 4 door or the 2 door, and it does, but they don't explain how it's supposed to be secured in a 2 door. I have an e-mail out to them asking, but no response yet.

I improvised.

It comes with 4 spacers and 4 bolts that are used for a 4 door installation. For mine, I had to use 2 spacers on each side to secure the front of the box (which is toward the back of the Jeep). This also meant that I had to go buy longer bolts.

For the rear of the box, it would just be resting on the steel hoops where the rear seat latches. This isn't ideal; not to mention it will tilt up when the drawer is fully extended.

I had some leftover RAM flat-surface base mounts from a prior vehicle, and those worked great to support the rear of the box and allow it to clear the steel hoops. Then I used some heavy-duty zip ties and washers to hold the rear of the box down. It's working well, but I will probably try to find a more robust way to secure it down in the future. Plus, I'm waiting to see how Rough Country did their 2 door install....

Installed in this manner, it does still allow access to the under-floor storage area in the back.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-m...7c3zEzk7vVxeJseY0MEFT0WIeI25wiQxoCeLIQAvD_BwE

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0693

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0694

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0695

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0691

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0692

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0794

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I posted this on another thread, but posting here since it's on-topic. Recently installed the Rough Country storage box/drawer in my 2 door. Their site says that it works in the 4 door or the 2 door, and it does, but they don't explain how it's supposed to be secured in a 2 door. I have an e-mail out to them asking, but no response yet.

I improvised.

It comes with 4 spacers and 4 bolts that are used for a 4 door installation. For mine, I had to use 2 spacers on each side to secure the front of the box (which is toward the back of the Jeep). This also meant that I had to go buy longer bolts.

For the rear of the box, it would just be resting on the steel hoops where the rear seat latches. This isn't ideal; not to mention it will tilt up when the drawer is fully extended.

I had some leftover RAM flat-surface base mounts from a prior vehicle, and those worked great to support the rear of the box and allow it to clear the steel hoops. Then I used some heavy-duty zip ties and washers to hold the rear of the box down. It's working well, but I will probably try to find a more robust way to secure it down in the future. Plus, I'm waiting to see how Rough Country did their 2 door install....

Installed in this manner, it does still allow access to the under-floor storage area in the back.

https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-m...7c3zEzk7vVxeJseY0MEFT0WIeI25wiQxoCeLIQAvD_BwE

IMG_0693.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0794.jpeg
I saw an install video for a 2 door, and they removed the rear hook loops on both sides. Then the spacers go where the bolts were, then the box is set on top of those. The drawer removes, then the bolts go through the bottom of the box, through the spacers and bolt into the threads for the loop mounts.

We're considering one of those, so I'd be interested in hearing how it holds up.

It mounts the box right at the rear, close to the tailgate.

My only issue with that is, it covers the rear tub/storage area if you have one.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I saw an install video for a 2 door, and they removed the rear hook loops on both sides. Then the spacers go where the bolts were, then the box is set on top of those. The drawer removes, then the bolts go through the bottom of the box, through the spacers and bolt into the threads for the loop mounts.

We're considering one of those, so I'd be interested in hearing how it holds up.

It mounts the box right at the rear, close to the tailgate.
EDIT:

Oh wait, I think I see what you mean now. When you say they removed the rear hook loops on the back, you mean they removed all 4 of the tie-down points in the rear, and just used those to secure it. Those indentions for those tie down points are deep though, so a single spacer on each one wouldn't work.

So that pushes it all the way to the rear door of the Jeep and makes it end up in front of the rear seat latch loops.

Yeah, I'd rather have the open space at the rear of the Jeep instead of behind the front seats.

This still gives me some space behind the seats as well.

DED16554-A778-44B9-8031-B038C459DF21.jpeg

Last edited:

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
EDIT:

Oh wait, I think I see what you mean now. When you say they removed the rear hook loops on the back, you mean they removed all 4 of the tie-down points in the rear, and just used those to secure it. Those indentions for those tie down points are deep though, so a single spacer on each one wouldn't work.

So that pushes it all the way to the rear door of the Jeep and makes it end up in front of the rear seat latch loops. Yeah, I'd rather have the open space at the rear of the Jeep instead of behind the front seats.
Yeah, that was the video I saw. Nothing on the floor, no mats, just the 4 spacers and bolted through the spacers to the floor. It puts it darn near flush with the rear door, and the seats are flipped forward I think. On the 4 door pics, on their website, they show it moved forward using only the front two of those ring attachments, with a small space to the rear and one set of rings showing. Fits easily behind the rear seat of the 4 door. They pull a pair of the more forward hooks for the front bolts.

If you look at their install instructions, you'll see they install into a 4 door, but if you look at the bottom of the box when flipped up, there are several mounting holes. Using the 2 holes to the rear on either side, will bolt into the 2 door hook locations. Being 23" deep, I don't think it will clear the rear seat of the 2 door, but would with the seat folded.

The reason we're considering it, is if I mount the box to the rear, I can make a solid platform in front of it to put the dog cushion for puppy transport.

Our Jeep is going to be an escape vehicle for all the family members, including the queen of the fur people especially.

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I was looking at that option. Can you mount/move things with the grid in place or do you have to take it off to properly mount things?
Easily add things after the panel is installed, no need to pull it off each time you would like to add or move something.

dtortie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Hello, has anyone installed half of a drawer system like this in a two door with rear seats removed? I'm looking at either ARB or Overland Vehicle Systems' drawer systems.

I'm looking to add a sliding drawer to the driver's side cargo area of my Wrangler. Ideally I want to use existing tie-downs/rear seat mount to secure it to my floor. I have not had a chance to see these products in person and I'm not exactly understanding how they mount. I believe they call for something like the Goosegear platform but I'm hoping to add the drawer without any modification to the rear. Do you think there's a solution?

I have also considered something like the Milwaukee Packout system (two drawer toolbox) but again, I don't know the best way to go about mounting it.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase

JeepJessi94

First Name
Jessi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
It's been tough finding a roof rack, need to transport my kayak. I found these 2, any thoughts? I've been waiting for the Garvin to come back in stock. In the meantime this Barricade just got released and so has no reviews yet. I like the look of the Barricade better but why is it so much less $$??

(Putting this on factory standard soft top, but I usually leave the top up, windows out most days)

https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-barricade-hd-roof-rack-j150595-jl.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/garvin-jeep-wrangler-adventure-rack-20092.html
Sponsored