Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
It's been tough finding a roof rack, need to transport my kayak. I found these 2, any thoughts? I've been waiting for the Garvin to come back in stock. In the meantime this Barricade just got released and so has no reviews yet. I like the look of the Barricade better but why is it so much less $$??

(Putting this on factory standard soft top, but I usually leave the top up, windows out most days)

https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-barricade-hd-roof-rack-j150595-jl.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/garvin-jeep-wrangler-adventure-rack-20092.html
I’m digging the barricade, those are new. I have the enhanced sliders and love them and these almost seem like a set. I may go this route myself, thanks for the heads up on this new product.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I got this 3-compartment trunk organizer off amazon. It fits in the rear with the seats up perfectly. I keep mine tight towards the passenger side and it gives ample clearance for the door latch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R81J2Y9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20211104_093316.jpg

I keep cleaning gear, work gear, and emergency gear in each of the 3 compartments. it has grippy feet and doesn't shift around at all
this is nice. but you have to remove it every time you want access to the hidden cubby.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
This may fit the bill, if you install the box to the rear.

https://www.advdegree.com/products/coming-soon-deck-jl
I like the idea, but jeez that's expensive for $75 worth of materials.

I'm going to be doing something similar myself, but I may have a forward support that rests on the floor. It depends on what I feel fits the best once we get the Jeep. Going to need to do something right after we get it, going to have to haul the dog right away!

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
It's been tough finding a roof rack, need to transport my kayak. I found these 2, any thoughts? I've been waiting for the Garvin to come back in stock. In the meantime this Barricade just got released and so has no reviews yet. I like the look of the Barricade better but why is it so much less $$??

(Putting this on factory standard soft top, but I usually leave the top up, windows out most days)

https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-barricade-hd-roof-rack-j150595-jl.html

https://www.extremeterrain.com/garvin-jeep-wrangler-adventure-rack-20092.html

The barricade does look better but the Garvin attached to rear bumper instead of tub. Also Garvin is hinged at bumper to tilt back for top removal.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Second look it may not tilt, looks to be two bolts

JeepJessi94

First Name
Jessi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Wrangler
The barricade does look better but the Garvin attached to rear bumper instead of tub. Also Garvin is hinged at bumper to tilt back for top removal.
It looked to me like the Garvin attaches to bottom corner of rear body while barricade attaches between body and top. I don't plan on carrying anything heavy up there, just my kayak and occasional luggage.

The Garvin doesn't hinge, from what I've read about it you have to undo the front boots and kinda lift it while you put the top down. But maybe I'll research a bit more.

I mostly ride doors & windows off and keep the top for sun protection anyway lol

Thank you for the reply!!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Another compressor option for the 2-doors with the factory subwoofer. Combine with one of these:
https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-arb-compressor-remote-kit/
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/collections/jeep-wrangler-jl/products/jl-hidden-air-fitting-kit

JLARBSingleDriversTailLight1.jpg

JLARBSingleDriversTailLight2.jpg

I'm using the CKMP12 (portable) version, it has the smallest reservoir, not sure that matters but every fewer cubic inch helps. I trimmed the mounting plate it comes with, and created a metal plate to act as a clamp between the mounting plate and the space on the other side of the cutout where the tailgate striker hardware lives.

I have the kit to remote mount the intake filter and I plan on mounting right above the compressor location in the the interior somewhere in the vicinity of the power adapter, and I will probably also add an IP67 computer fan for some active cooling.

Removing the gas cap trim makes it possible to get to all the hardware needed to adjust the orientation.
Here's a few more pictures of the final installation (except for some wire bundling in the tail light area):

IMG_20200607_173304.jpg
IMG_20200615_110957.jpg
IMG_20200615_111000.jpg
IMG_20200615_114534.jpg
IMG_20200615_114538.jpg
IMG_20200615_114806.jpg

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I make good use of the molle seat backs for quick access to things. The Camelback molle water bottle bags are great for extra drinks or other small things and are easy to access from the front seats. I keep a few molle things on the Springtail tailgate table I have, too.

I also really like the saddle bags from Overland Outfitters. They are pricey, but well made and make good use of that wasted space above the wheel wells.

IMG_0283.jpeg

Overall I find there is plenty of room for what I need to bring on trails or camping trips as long as it's in the 2 seater configuration ;)

If you think the Overland Outfitters Saddle Bags were expensive in the US, the price to get a pair here in Canada was an eye watering $365 Canadian. That price included shipping, duties and the exchange rate conversion. Overland Outfitters did have a 10% off coupon when I ordered them, so that helped a bit with the price.

I got my saddle bags last week and will say they are very good quality with nice thick leather and canvas and heavy duty YKK zippers. They hold a decent amount of gear for their size and provide rear seat passengers with a nice arm rest.

I currently have a 7/8" 20' kinetic recovery rope, 2 soft shackles, a D-ring shackle (inside the leather pouch) and two pairs of gloves in the passenger side bag. The driver side saddle bag will hold a first aid kit, some emergency supplies like chocolate bars/energy bars, candles, two thermal space blankets and maybe a small tool kit.

IMG_20220206_145641.jpg

IMG_20220206_152829.jpg

IMG_20220206_152834.jpg

IMG_20220206_155451.jpg

IMG_20220208_224300.jpg

Sponsored

GreyKnight

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 70
Hi all! Since the trunk size of the 2 door version is not too large, I didn’t want to hammer it too much. Therefore, 2 bags attached to the frame were sewn to order. Cables, a fire extinguisher, a compressor and other small things went there. Sorry for bad english :)

IMG_4609.JPG

IMG_4611.JPG

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Hi all! Since the trunk size of the 2 door version is not too large, I didn’t want to hammer it too much. Therefore, 2 bags attached to the frame were sewn to order. Cables, a fire extinguisher, a compressor and other small things went there. Sorry for bad english :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_4611.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_4611.JPG

These look great.

Did you make them yourself?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

4x4Punk

First Name
Skully
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler TJ, 22 Wrangler JL Sport
I'm looking for a rack that attaches to the rollcage like this one for the TJ:
Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area J20190

It gives a shelf when the top is on, and it sits above the deck cover when the top is off.

Anyone know of anything like this?
Sponsored