XyloSesame

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tuscadero Sport S
I had the Tuffy Tailgate Box when I had my 2 door
I'm seriously looking at that for my soon-to-arrive softtop.

I found a ton of pics, but none in a 2 door with the gate closed and rear seats. The lockbox looks to be about 6" deep and, from what I can tell, the 2 door rear storage is 16" at bottom, tapering to 12" at top. Did you find it took too much away from cargo space with the rear seats upright?

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
This idea isn't really 2-door specific, but I've given much more thought as to how it would work in a 2-door better (without the back seat).

I would like some sort of bracket that securely holds the freedom panels vertically in the cargo area. This should be on the driver's side for rearward visibility. The bracket could be on some sort of quick-release that attaches to the rear seat mounting hooks. Also it looks like the bracket could be designed in a way that allows the subwoofer tub to be accessed, but only when the freedom panels are elsewhere.

r-cars-inline-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-2-18-png.png

Sorry about the extra door handles in the mock-up.
I've replaced the stock hard top bolts with T-handles . I stand the panels top-to-top with a large towel between them and secure with a pair of bungee cords- one from the rear handle to the front handle - the second from the rear handle to the seat bracket (a perfect tie-down spot) on the floor. They don't budge once secured.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I'm seriously looking at that for my soon-to-arrive softtop.

I found a ton of pics, but none in a 2 door with the gate closed and rear seats. The lockbox looks to be about 6" deep and, from what I can tell, the 2 door rear storage is 16" at bottom, tapering to 12" at top. Did you find it took too much away from cargo space with the rear seats upright?
I took my rear seat out, using it only one time. It does take up a lot of space with the rear seat in place.

Diabolical has a new enclosure for the two-door for the rear seats in place and it looks great. I would have gotten this if it were available when I had my JLR.
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/products/locker-security-enclosure-jl-2-door

A tip for someone considering the lockbox on the tailgate—put insulating tape on the tailgate to eliminate rattles:
IMG_6191-X3.jpg

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Anyone have this cover?

Seems to be the only one that is an actual cover not a cargo area mat when you search for covers.

I like that it works with the rear seat in all positions.

Screenshot_20211023-131541_Chrome.jpg

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I won't use the rear seats very often so when i get my 2dr with softtop i plan to install tuffy deck. It's for that extra peace of mind when going on road trip to the mountains or wherever, leaving jeep in a parking lot while having lunch etc.

I wouldn't leave anything valuable in it overnight though. I've had enough stuff stolen from my past jeeps going back to the 1980s to know that if a thief wants into a lockbox, they can be pretty determined to get in.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't use the rear seats very often so when i get my 2dr with softtop i plan to install tuffy deck. It's for that extra peace of mind when going on road trip to the mountains or wherever, leaving jeep in a parking lot while having lunch etc.

I wouldn't leave anything valuable in it overnight though. I've had enough stuff stolen from my past jeeps going back to the 1980s to know that if a thief wants into a lockbox, they can be pretty determined to get in.
Ya a jeep with a soft top or topless don't even bother locking the doors. Nothing inside that can't be replaced.

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Molle bag on each seat back, two on the tailgate table (last pic I took of that area was with 1 and the first aid kit), a couple of bags on the roll bars, room for more on the cross bar that has the lights on it and otherwise it’s just a case of being mindful of the space we have so I have the AEV jack base mounted in the footwell, the ARB dual compressor is mounted in the wheel arch and we throw in a recovery gear bag when we’re heading for the trails.

634B1920-93B8-4506-BFE1-1AD2A40C8725.jpeg

ED66EA9F-0A58-4A9E-8746-F7F8FD01D336.jpeg

94BC1E56-E8A2-4CBF-A59D-A3ED47DBE49A.jpeg

1F283FD1-E51E-400C-91A9-20D09678C5DD.jpeg

80792A69-5001-40C9-B3D6-9CF252BD01E0.jpeg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I make good use of the molle seat backs for quick access to things. The Camelback molle water bottle bags are great for extra drinks or other small things and are easy to access from the front seats. I keep a few molle things on the Springtail tailgate table I have, too.

I also really like the saddle bags from Overland Outfitters. They are pricey, but well made and make good use of that wasted space above the wheel wells.

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_0283

Overall I find there is plenty of room for what I need to bring on trails or camping trips as long as it's in the 2 seater configuration ;)

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
Are there any exterior traction board mounts? I'll have a softop so the won't work.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive seen them mounted onto the spare wheel
Sponsored