Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Lots of MOLLE bags, MOLLE seat back panels, MOLLE tailgate table, MOLLE platform solutions overhead panel, XG cargo bags (with MOLLE 🤣), and obviously take out the rear seats. I was able to do road trips with 2 medium size dogs like this.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Lots of MOLLE bags, MOLLE seat back panels, MOLLE tailgate table, MOLLE platform solutions overhead panel, XG cargo bags (with MOLLE 🤣), and obviously take out the rear seats. I was able to do road trips with 2 medium size dogs like this.
No taking out the back seats with wife and 2 kids lol.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sell the kids and buy a second 2 door for your wife 🤷

JK 🤣 Theres not much room with the rear seat in though. You'd still be able to use the XG bags and MPS overhead panel. Probably not enough room for seatback MOLLE panels if your kids have legs, and the MOLLE tailgate table will eat up most of your behind seat storage making it useless for grocery runs. Hard top? Something like the TrailRax would provide a bit of outside storage, although limited. Also they will block whatever remaining visibility the kids have out of the rear windows.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Kids are short. Utilize the unused space over their heads with a cargo net tightly strung between the roll bars, over their heads. If you're going topless, double up the cargo nets and sandwich stuff between them. The kids should feel like they're in a Jeep cave.

2dr storage is all about maximizing use of the roll bars.

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Kids are grown, so the back seat stays in the garage. I use a WPN Gear mount above the visors, Slipstream in the back with molle panels under the lid and a rack across the top to hold the PowerTank. The top of the Slipstream also has holes for bungees/tie-downs.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_3500

MOLLE everywhere! Also, the seat cover (Bartact) has a huge zipper pocket on the back. And a small one on the front of the seat cushion too.

I also took the rear seat out, but in my JK I left it in for my dog and we had quite a time tetris'ing all our gear for long trips or camping. A lot of it involved strapping stuff to the roll bars or wedging it into space between the bars and the hardtop.

But really... rear seat out? Storage problems solved!

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_3751

Jeep Wrangler JL Interior/Exterior Storage Ideas Area IMG_4869b

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya ones 3 so in car seat and the other is 12 so he's fine.

We have the wife's 2021 Jeep grand cherokee L for the long hauls.

Only day trips for hikes for me. If I'm hunting I'm solo.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ya ones 3 so in car seat and the other is 12 so he's fine.

We have the wife's 2021 Jeep grand cherokee L for the long hauls.

Only day trips for hikes for me. If I'm hunting I'm solo.
My kid is 26 so I no longer accommodate him. He can get his own Jeep and pull me out. :like:

I guess if it's just day trips w/ back seat in use it's just a matter of finding a soft cooler that fits behind the seat. With the 2dr it's unfortunately a choice of passengers or cargo. Not really both. At least day trips don't have that much cargo. Look for roll bar mountable bags (especially for the 3 y/o's stuff). Cylindrical ones that strap to the bars vertically at the rear, that's always unused space.

I also maintain very distinct Summer/Winter modes. Where everything has its place but at a certain time things are added, removed or swapped as per my needs. Keeping the differences between the modes as small as possible to make the transition easy. This may work for you with Hunting/Day Trip modes with a well established routine of switching from one to the other.

For example, in my case:

Summer Mode has back seat removed (I never have more than 1 passenger), fridge, camping gear, full off-road recovery gear, and gear bag on the roof rack.

Winter mode has back seat installed & folded (I sometimes have extra passengers), fridge replaced by small soft cooler bag, camping gear removed sometimes replaced by tailgating gear, recovery gear reduced, rooftop gear bag removed replaced by ski rack. Off-road tires swapped to Winter Tires.

Roll bar & Moll-e mounted items generally remain in both modes, tools, straps, bottle openers & corkscrews, fire extinguisher, camp chairs, packable blankets, etc.

It takes me about 1.5 beers to switch modes.
You may be able to adapt this approach for your needs.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
This idea isn't really 2-door specific, but I've given much more thought as to how it would work in a 2-door better (without the back seat).

I would like some sort of bracket that securely holds the freedom panels vertically in the cargo area. This should be on the driver's side for rearward visibility. The bracket could be on some sort of quick-release that attaches to the rear seat mounting hooks. Also it looks like the bracket could be designed in a way that allows the subwoofer tub to be accessed, but only when the freedom panels are elsewhere.

r-cars-inline-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-cargo-2-18-png.png

Sorry about the extra door handles in the mock-up.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My kid is 26 so I no longer accommodate him. He can get his own Jeep and pull me out. :like:

I guess if it's just day trips w/ back seat in use it's just a matter of finding a soft cooler that fits behind the seat. With the 2dr it's unfortunately a choice of passengers or cargo. Not really both. At least day trips don't have that much cargo. Look for roll bar mountable bags (especially for the 3 y/o's stuff). Cylindrical ones that strap to the bars vertically at the rear, that's always unused space.

I also maintain very distinct Summer/Winter modes. Where everything has its place but at a certain time things are added, removed or swapped as per my needs. Keeping the differences between the modes as small as possible to make the transition easy. This may work for you with Hunting/Day Trip modes with a well established routine of switching from one to the other.

For example, in my case:

Summer Mode has back seat removed (I never have more than 1 passenger), fridge, camping gear, full off-road recovery gear, and gear bag on the roof rack.

Winter mode has back seat installed & folded (I sometimes have extra passengers), fridge replaced by small soft cooler bag, camping gear removed sometimes replaced by tailgating gear, recovery gear reduced, rooftop gear bag removed replaced by ski rack. Off-road tires swapped to Winter Tires.

Roll bar & Moll-e mounted items generally remain in both modes, tools, straps, bottle openers & corkscrews, fire extinguisher, camp chairs, packable blankets, etc.

It takes me about 1.5 beers to switch modes.
You may be able to adapt this approach for your needs.
Lol i got a long way to go.

Mainly it's just me but I do daycare drop off in the am. Hence why I was allowed by my queen to get a 2 Dr lol. Plus wife said I can't take here suv hunting and the minivan wouldn't make it lol.

Basically recovery gear will fit behind rear seats. I also plan on being topless from spring to fall, rain or shine, so everything has be be able to get soaked.