INSTALLED MOPAR 2" LIFT <cringe face>

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
My Mopar is 2.75 in the front 2.25 in the back after settling some, and I originally lost 1/2 to 3/4 inch in the front due to winch and other accessories and that was on stock springs. So actually mine is about 2 inches in front from what it was stock without the winch on it!
There seem to be a lot of reports here that mopar is more lift, at least when new.
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
There seem to be a lot of reports here that mopar is more lift, at least when new.
Mine has been on for about three weeks or so. When I first drove it home it was 3 inches higher in the front and 2.5 higher in the rear-than it was before the lift. It has settled about a quarter of an inch front and back but like I said I originally on stock springs lost 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch after putting winch on therefore as it sits now it is only approximately 2 inches higher than it was stock without the winch. That winch was put on While the jeep had stock suspension on. I can’t vouch for what other people report all I can tell you is what mine is!

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OKAY! i need some back up here! i was SO HAPPY with my RUBICON TIRES/WHEELS on my JLUS. It was a NICE TIGHT SOLID ride!
"GET THE MOPAR 2" LIFT THEY SAID".... "IT WILL BE GREAT THEY SAID".... well... as 'sort of smooth' as it is.. i am NOT completely HAPPY nor SATISFIED with this lift!

IS THERE something else i'm missing? MY JL is ALL over the fkn road ESP. on the highway! i have to keep a HARD 2 hands GRIP on the steering wheel. I feel i lost the best driving feeling there is and now i'm just SMDH as to why it drives the way it does.

ANY TIPS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? anyone else out there happy/unhappy with the MOPAR? is is just ME? LOL

THANKS EVERYONE!
Sorry, I don't have any follow-up, but thanks for sharing the results of this. I was considering the Mopar 2" lift, but I'm just going to hold off on all lifts for the time being. I don't want to wreak the stock drive.

Yoyo27983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU billet
I ha
My Rubicon rides and handles better at 37-40 pressure. I tried around 33 and it didn’t do good there. The BFG KO 2 tires seemed to have to much flex in the side walls at low pressure. They are C load rated. I have the Two inch Mopar lift and it does great around 37-40. This time of the year I can start out at 39 and end up at 37 after the first cold spell.
I have the Falken 285x70R/17

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
As for my experience, I have found heavy lug mud tire always has a greasy wander for about 4-5000 miles. Until the tire wears flat across the face. I use Goodyear Duratrac tires on my Dodge Dually and the truck is all over the road for the first 4000 miles. My Rubicon had very lose steering for the first 4000 miles. I was going to take it to the dealer for this issue but decided to wait. The steering issue as all but disappeared at this point Just food for thought.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^ most people are running over-inflated now too 'cause the Ford Exploder/Firestone saga made the industry paranoid.

It's trickier on a truck that'll see varying loads w Load Range E tires, I understand, but there shouldn't be much need for tires to "wear flat" at proper pressure -- they should already be flat(ish).

This is where a chalk test is golden (again trucks are more difficult if you actually use 'em as trucks....)

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
^^ most people are running over-inflated now too 'cause the Ford Exploder/Firestone saga made the industry paranoid.

It's trickier on a truck that'll see varying loads w Load Range E tires, I understand, but there shouldn't be much need for tires to "wear flat" at proper pressure -- they should already be flat(ish).

This is where a chalk test is golden (again trucks are more difficult if you actually use 'em as trucks....)

I agree with you about over inflation problems and finding the sweet spot. I have 310,000 miles on my truck and have had 6 sets of Duratrac tires and it is the same scenario each time I change rubber. I am not here to to discount the important process of dialing in the correct pressure for each individual Jeep on the road. I am just stating some brands of heavy lug tires squirm when new. Goodyear Duratrac tires are ones I have the most experience with.

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
Damn, I was about to buy the same exact Mopar Lift for my 2 door Sport. I will wait and see WTF happens and if Mopar improves the lift. As it is, they want an arm and a leg for it, Gator CDJ in Palm Bay FL. quoted me $1,700 for the kit installed.

Kiko S

First Name
Kiko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
2" should not throw off the caster enough where drop brackets would be needed. Something else is wrong here. Did you torque the control arms after the vehicle was on the ground with tires? Is the trackbar secure? Are the springs seated correctly?
All of these are valid points and should definitely be checked but if it still wonders or feels flighty get the drop brackets. You’ll be amazed at the difference. I did and it’s night and day. Also remember everyone’s tolerance is different in what they think is normal. Don’t be afraid to try them. Both teraflex and rancho are good choices

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Did this guy ever post about whether or not he got it fixed? Noticed this is a 2018 thread but saw no resolution.

Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
OKAY! i need some back up here! i was SO HAPPY with my RUBICON TIRES/WHEELS on my JLUS. It was a NICE TIGHT SOLID ride!
"GET THE MOPAR 2" LIFT THEY SAID".... "IT WILL BE GREAT THEY SAID".... well... as 'sort of smooth' as it is.. i am NOT completely HAPPY nor SATISFIED with this lift!

IS THERE something else i'm missing? MY JL is ALL over the fkn road ESP. on the highway! i have to keep a HARD 2 hands GRIP on the steering wheel. I feel i lost the best driving feeling there is and now i'm just SMDH as to why it drives the way it does.

ANY TIPS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? anyone else out there happy/unhappy with the MOPAR? is is just ME? LOL

THANKS EVERYONE!
I ordered synergy adjustable lca’s mine is doing what yours is doing ill let u know when I install them this week and let u know whats going on if it fixes the issue

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I ordered synergy adjustable lca’s mine is doing what yours is doing ill let u know when I install them this week and let u know whats going on if it fixes the issue
And did the new lower control arms fix your problem?