First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
OKAY! i need some back up here! i was SO HAPPY with my RUBICON TIRES/WHEELS on my JLUS. It was a NICE TIGHT SOLID ride!
"GET THE MOPAR 2" LIFT THEY SAID".... "IT WILL BE GREAT THEY SAID".... well... as 'sort of smooth' as it is.. i am NOT completely HAPPY nor SATISFIED with this lift!

IS THERE something else i'm missing? MY JL is ALL over the fkn road ESP. on the highway! i have to keep a HARD 2 hands GRIP on the steering wheel. I feel i lost the best driving feeling there is and now i'm just SMDH as to why it drives the way it does.

ANY TIPS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? anyone else out there happy/unhappy with the MOPAR? is is just ME? LOL

THANKS EVERYONE!
Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I have a JLUR with the same lift and have had no issues like you have, and have not read about anyone else with this issue. Did you do the lift yourself? At a dealer? I suspect something was installed wrong, check each bolt location to see if anything is loose. On one occasion, I saw a post where a dealer installed each of the springs on the wrong side.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
OKAY! i need some back up here! i was SO HAPPY with my RUBICON TIRES/WHEELS on my JLUS. It was a NICE TIGHT SOLID ride!
"GET THE MOPAR 2" LIFT THEY SAID".... "IT WILL BE GREAT THEY SAID".... well... as 'sort of smooth' as it is.. i am NOT completely HAPPY nor SATISFIED with this lift!

IS THERE something else i'm missing? MY JL is ALL over the fkn road ESP. on the highway! i have to keep a HARD 2 hands GRIP on the steering wheel. I feel i lost the best driving feeling there is and now i'm just SMDH as to why it drives the way it does.

ANY TIPS? ANY SUGGESTIONS? anyone else out there happy/unhappy with the MOPAR? is is just ME? LOL

THANKS EVERYONE!
This has been known to fix the exact symptoms you described - https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-2-5-4-lift-front-lower-control-arm-drop-bracket-kit-pair

These TeraFlex JL/JLU: Front Control Arm Sport Brackets are a must to correct caster angles and restore factory geometry on JL Wrangler or JLU Unlimited models...

Simply install these bolt-on brackets with the stock front upper and front lower control arms on a 2.5-4.5” lift kits.

Fits:

• JL Wrangler (2-door)
• JLU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I did the Rancho Geometry Correction Brackets on my JK and they improve ride and drivability exponentially. Every time I drove over any square edge bump, like a bridge, I knew the JK would bump steer. After the install I had 5 degrees of caster and the Jeep drove better than it did when it was on the original sport tires. When the lift goes on my JL I will install these at the same time and not even chance it.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Agree on the caster/control arm comments, but I thought the Mopar kit came with new control arms. Maybe you got the wrong kit. Others have received the wrong crate. Check part #s if you still can. Mine is 3.5" lifted and it drives better than stock! :giggle: (seriously)

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Agree on the caster/control arm comments, but I thought the Mopar kit came with new control arms. Maybe you got the wrong kit. Others have received the wrong crate. Check part #s if you still can. Mine is 3.5" lifted and it drives better than stock! :giggle: (seriously)
Yes, the Mopar lift kit has 1/4" longer control arms than stock, but the caster numbers in the alignment reports have been low. Adding positive caster above and beyond what the Mopar lift kit has solved his exact symptoms multiple times.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
This has been known to fix the exact symptoms you described - https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-2-5-4-lift-front-lower-control-arm-drop-bracket-kit-pair

These TeraFlex JL/JLU: Front Control Arm Sport Brackets are a must to correct caster angles and restore factory geometry on JL Wrangler or JLU Unlimited models...

Simply install these bolt-on brackets with the stock front upper and front lower control arms on a 2.5-4.5” lift kits.

Fits:

• JL Wrangler (2-door)
No need to adjust casters on 2", maybe 4" or more but not 2. Just saying...

@JLGuyFTLD what kind of tires do you have and at what pressure? Bring back to dealer AFTER you do your own inspection - also, was it or has it been windy in your area? Remember now your a little higher up with a bigger profile so wind could be contributing.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
It does come with arms...have it right here. Make sure installer used ALL the parts kit came with and did not skip any steps and used any original parts.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
And I’m just sayin that I did 2.5 inches on my JK and caster was at 2 degrees. After correction it was 5. So that just goes to say that every situation is different and there is no universal answer to the steering question

Sponsored

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2" should not throw off the caster enough where drop brackets would be needed. Something else is wrong here. Did you torque the control arms after the vehicle was on the ground with tires? Is the trackbar secure? Are the springs seated correctly?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No need to adjust casters on 2", maybe 4" or more but not 2. Just saying...

@JLGuyFTLD what kind of tires do you have and at what pressure? Bring back to dealer AFTER you do your own inspection - also, was it or has it been windy in your area? Remember now your a little higher up with a bigger profile so wind could be contributing.
That's what I would of thought too, but here is an example of adjusting caster fixing the steering problems on a lifted JL. He actually went from giving up and trading it in, but fixed it via caster adjustment.

Thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...use-of-the-crap-steering-good-bye-jeep.14924/

Conclusion post confirming the fix: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eering-good-bye-jeep.14924/page-7#post-401807

I called Teraflex about their JL drop bracket kit to ask a question to help out another JL owner and Teraflex told me they are getting many validations on this kit fixing the problem on Mopar Lift Kit steering issues. I asked them why some JLs don't need this and some do, they said because the alignment component geometry is inconsistent thus some JLs need it and some don't. This aligns perfectly with why some stock, non-lifted JLs don't have the steering issue and some do. You can have 4.5 caster on 2 different non-lifted JLs and one wanders / drifts all over the place and the other one doesn't, then adding the longer lower controller arms on the one that wanders/drifts getting it to 5.5 caster then stops drifting. Again, all due to different geometry in the front end, like the welding locations between critical parts are off on some and some are exactly where they should be.

There are at least 2 or 3 examples of lifted JLs being fixed with adjusting caster in the steering thread at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ering-feels-like-it-has-play-and-drifts.3691/. Way too many posts to re-read to find them.

After verifying tire pressure, other alignment variables, checking springs, verify correct torque on ball joint nuts, etc., then caster would be the next step.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Glad my kit came with adjustable control arms..

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I have a JLUR with the same lift and have had no issues like you have, and have not read about anyone else with this issue. Did you do the lift yourself? At a dealer? I suspect something was installed wrong, check each bolt location to see if anything is loose. On one occasion, I saw a post where a dealer installed each of the springs on the wrong side.
As smooth as it is sometimes… I just feel that it’s so bumpy and especially when I’m on the highway it is swerving to the left and to the right ... A very reputable 4 x 4 bodyshop did my install and they do these Mopar’s all the time on JL’s ... I will say this… They are standing by their words that the skyjacker lift for the JL is far more superior than the Mopar !!

Fits:

• JL Wrangler (2-door)
Thank you I will look into this

OP
OP
JLGuyFTLD

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score