2 Inch Mopar Lift Installed - Yay Bumpsteer

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Anyone with this lift installed agree? When I hit a bump there is a lot of bump steer in my opinion. Anyone add a steering stabilizer (or other components) to correct this issue? I hope Fox comes out with their adjustable steering stabilizer soon (Fox ATS?) for the JL soon! I hope SteerSmarts makes their products available for the JL soon!
I've had mine installed for almost a year now, with no issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
All is well here too, I’ve had mine installed for about seven months with no issues! My dealer installed mine.
As soon as I added a Steersmarts adjustable track bar, it was much better. I also had the bad steering stabilizer which didn't help. Who knows, maybe I had a bad OEM trackbar as well. FCA is starting to replace them now.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
My jl has had severe bump steer since install I ordered trac bar relocation brackets for the front and rear as well as new front and rear trac bars but was wondering if i really need the trac bar brackets id rather not drill the mounts if i dont have to. Any real help would be appreciated

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We had the same issue on our JL after it was lifted with the mopar Kit.. Even though the Mopar kit came with the extended lower arms.. The Caster was way off an the axle was not centered. After replacing those arms with adjustable ones and an adjustable front track bar, we set the caster to about 5 degrees. This solved the bump steer issue. Drives nice and smooth now with 37s.
Can you tell me what you bought?
I have roughly the same build.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
My jl has had severe bump steer since install I ordered trac bar relocation brackets for the front and rear as well as new front and rear trac bars but was wondering if i really need the trac bar brackets id rather not drill the mounts if i dont have to. Any real help would be appreciated
I would recommend the Steersmarts adjustable track bar for the front. No bracket necessary. For the rear I would recommend the TeraFlex trackbar relocation bracket. Did you already order everything?

OP
OP
Jeepin_Donnie

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Can you tell me what you bought?
I have roughly the same build.
I've heard the RK, MC and TF adj control arms are all great. For an adjustable trackbar I would recommend the Steersmarts one.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I would recommend the Steersmarts adjustable track bar for the front. No bracket necessary. For the rear I would recommend the TeraFlex trackbar relocation bracket. Did you already order everything?
I ordered the heavy duty rancho front and rear trac bars per [Banned Site] and i also ordered the teraflex front and rear track bar brackets my only concern was the trac bar brackets say for 2.5 or higher lift and i know the jeep gained more than 2” but its still marketed as a 2” lift i just dont want it to settle over time and have drilled the trac bar mount only to have to take it off later

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the heavy duty rancho front and rear trac bars per [Banned Site] and i also ordered the teraflex front and rear track bar brackets my only concern was the trac bar brackets say for 2.5 or higher lift and i know the jeep gained more than 2” but its still marketed as a 2” lift i just dont want it to settle over time and have drilled the trac bar mount only to have to take it off later
With the adjustable track bars and a 2 in lift, you should not also need the relocation brackets. I have the same Rancho front and rear track bars for a couple months now with no issues. Try it without them first. Only do one change at a time and evaluate.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
With the adjustable track bars and a 2 in lift, you should not also need the relocation brackets. I have the same Rancho front and rear track bars for a couple months now with no issues. Try it without them first. Only do one change at a time and evaluate.
Thank you I appreciate the help sounds right just want it safe for putting the family in so ill throw whatever parts it needs but doing it all at once wouldn’t be able to tell what actually fixed it
Sponsored