Mopar 2” Lift Installed

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
My lift is being installed today, as are new wheels and tires, I am having an alignment done, it makes sense to me since the geometry has changed with the parts.
Sponsored

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My lift is being installed today, as are new wheels and tires, I am having an alignment done, it makes sense to me since the geometry has changed with the parts.
The only thing they can adjust is toe and straightening your steering wheel. The lift doesn’t affect toe, and it’s easy to straighten the steering wheel.

If you had adjustable track bars and control arms it would be a different story.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing they can adjust is toe and straightening your steering wheel. The lift doesn’t affect toe, and it’s easy to straighten the steering wheel.

If you had adjustable track bars and control arms it would be a different story.
True, but it also gives me a base line, and builds a rapport with the small shop I am using, so it was worth it to me. I think it looks good too.

JLUR Lift Tires Wheels.jpg

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
True, but it also gives me a base line, and builds a rapport with the small shop I am using, so it was worth it to me. I think it looks good too.

JLUR Lift Tires Wheels.jpg
A baseline for what? The factory specs are included with the Mopar kit.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A baseline for what? The factory specs are included with the Mopar kit.
Numbers are important, but they are not everything, I was building trust with this small shop, and confidence that my JLUR has no known issues, each of those together are the baseline, works for me. Where is Surf City?

Sponsored

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Numbers are important, but they are not everything, I was building trust with this small shop, and confidence that my JLUR has no known issues, each of those together are the baseline, works for me. Where is Surf City?
Google is your friend.

Without adjustable track bars I can tell you from here that your alignment is off.

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Google is your friend.

Without adjustable track bars I can tell you from here that your alignment is off.

Your front axle is shifted to the driver's side and your rear axle is shifted to the passenger side. You kind of have to look close, but will be off about an inch or so.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Your front axle is shifted to the driver's side and your rear axle is shifted to the passenger side. You kind of have to look close, but will be off about an inch or so.
So are the axles off center because the stock track bars are too short post lift and are under stress? If so, do the aftermarket (longer) track bars relieve the pressure and allow the axle to return to it's normal position without the stress? Is that how they work?

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So are the axles off center because the stock track bars are too short post lift and are under stress? If so, do the aftermarket (longer) track bars relieve the pressure and allow the axle to return to it's normal position without the stress? Is that how they work?
Basically yes

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Here is my 37 KO2s hitting John Bull. The Mopar lift is great. I am going to post a install video of the lift hopefully by this weekend.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

I finally got the time to finish editing this. Here is the install video I promised. If you have the instructions, you can follow along step by step, I have step number posted in the top left corner of the screen. Per the instructions. You can download the instructions from Quadratec.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

If you guys lifted your jeeps with the Mopar Lift. Check this out. You'll need need track bars. My axles were off by 3/4". This fixed it. Made the ride smoother on freeway, hitting speed bumps was smoother and helped MPG.
Sponsored