Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I would not do the Sky One Touch until they resolve this issue:

View attachment 266720
I have to ask. Are you sure that squeak is coming from Sky Top? I have a Sky One Top since May and it doesn't make a sound.
Sure you know you can control how far you open Top. Have you opened a couple of inches to see if you hear that still? Just asking.

sbco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sky One Touch
I have to ask. Are you sure that squeak is coming from Sky Top? I have a Sky One Top since May and it doesn't make a sound.
Sure you know you can control how far you open Top. Have you opened a couple of inches to see if you hear that still? Just asking.
It is coming from the side panel and latch to hold the panel in. The side panels rattle like a styrofoam lid cooler and the squeak is from the latch system. There are a few threads on this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...movable-windows-squeaking-noises.25487/page-6

I have been to the dealer ~8 times for this and they have tried multiple things to fix: adding additional weather stripping, adjusting the latches, etc. I have tried the straw trick over the metal pin, anti-friction tape on the metal plate of the latch, etc. If you push out on the panel the sound will go away or if the panel is removed it is fine.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Understand now. It's the Quarter panel window latch area. Wow, that sucks. Are the Rubber seals good and thick around the window panel to keep Window panel tight? I would think the dealership looked at this. When I put my panels back in place I have to press firmly from outside to get the inside latch room to close. Without the outside pressure to close inward, my latch will not close. It's very tight when it's closed.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is coming from the side panel and latch to hold the panel in. The side panels rattle like a styrofoam lid cooler and the squeak is from the latch system. There are a few threads on this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...movable-windows-squeaking-noises.25487/page-6

I have been to the dealer ~8 times for this and they have tried multiple things to fix: adding additional weather stripping, adjusting the latches, etc. I have tried the straw trick over the metal pin, anti-friction tape on the metal plate of the latch, etc. If you push out on the panel the sound will go away or if the panel is removed it is fine.
I just read the thread you sent. I just went and looked at mine and they are very tight that they cannot move. Think my rubber seals are thicker and hold tighter when latched.

Sponsored

HRDRCK

First Name
Tashsa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon hard rock
Occupation
Dental professional
It’s the Back window... I have a hard top and it does the same thing... if you search that it’s pretty common. It has to be a seal problem, they replaced my back window already because of the defrost breaking off (2 weeks later new one was broken off...)

I have a 2019 Sahara one touch.... having issues with it leaking in the back. been to the dealer three times. They say them leaking is just un heard of... I just got lucky :( , I noticed water running down back window on the inside !! getting a new seal for the third time. hope this fixes the issue. I have not heard of one other person having a leak. I as well was told don't go thru automatic high pressure car washes with dryer

Jagwam

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I had the same problem!! Take it to the dealer and ask them to tighten all screws that hold the top to the frame. I had to take the jeep back a couple time but they eventually got it corrected. The problem you are having isn't specific to the back window, it is the entire top.

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
I have one at 5500 miles and nothing wrong to write about. Best option I ordered.

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
LOL, I said the same thing at 5500 miles. I was hoping someone would steal it at the garage this last time
No offense I hope it stays that way. I hope yours is fixed. Good luck. I went from a Honda to the Jeep and the Honda had no issues up to 130k miles. I have no doubt the Jeep won't even come close to that. Lol

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been through some Texas storms early summer and no leaks. Today I was parked in what we call Torrential winter storms here. Rained 4 inches in 2 hours and checked my Sky One top and not a drop inside. I guess I got one of the good ones. Knock on wood of course.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
It’s highly unusual that I don’t open my roof daily. Light rain on the interstate - yep. 37 degrees yep (seat heaters and steering wheel heater turned on). Absolutely love it!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It’s highly unusual that I don’t open my roof daily. Light rain on the interstate - yep. 37 degrees yep (seat heaters and steering wheel heater turned on). Absolutely love it!
My cold record is 21 degrees Topless. Will I open Jeep in the rain no. Leather and rain don't like it. lol, I get more stares from Non- Jeepers when its 30 degrees and I stop at light windows down and Top open. :) they stare like I'm a nut. I still see Jeepers closed up driving here when its 40 55 60 degrees. Your Jeep was the first one I saw on the forum with Doors off and Topless. My x-mass present is still sitting waiting for a break on rainy days. Vicious Off-road doors. I can't wait to see how Jeep looks topless with them on. Have you thought about some for your Jeep?

Record.jpg

Half doors ready.jpg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Got my Jeep back today. 4th time in the garage and about 50+ days in the garage. Replaced the top last time. This time replaced the bar across the top, the latches, and the weatherstrip. It sounds a lot better and seems OK. But I've only drove it 10 miles. I guess I'll now soon enough if it's finally fixed
What happened to the top that was removed ? Sent back to factory, or Dumpstered ?

sbco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sky One Touch
Still working though my issue in the video. Mine is 100% the side panels and not the rear window. I have had multiple people ride in the back including the tech from the dealer and if you apply pressure to the side panel the sound stops. The sound also stops if you turn the latch so it is not holding the panel in place or press up firmly on the roof around the front latch plate. Seems the roof may have enough flex that it causes the issue.

I’ve tried about everything: extra weather stripping, lubricants, anti friction tape, and Starbucks straws. Some work for a bit and then it comes right back... still under 8k miles.
Sponsored