Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think the directions say every 3-4 months but I’m sure it has more to do with the elements you’re in and if it’s garage kept etc. I applied yesterday and only took about 5 minutes.

instead of using a rag to apply like the directions state, I poured it into a spray bottle and sprayed in on then rubbed it in using a rubber glove. I feel like the rags soak up too much product.
Yes, it says 3 to 4 months reapply. I did it 2 times the first 4 months to get a good coat. Jeep was not sure what New Top comes with but it has something on it. Depends on how much rain gets on top etc. I know the first week I had Bird Poop on top and it was hard to get up real good. I scraped most off so didn't rub into top. After my first coat on top, the next Poop just wiped right off. Everything now just doesn't stay on top. This is the top now. Very clean for weeks. She is parked in the garage mostly but sits in the sun at work. I found out the Jeep gets hot inside sitting in sun long with that Top.

Jeep 3.jpg
Sponsored

Amrkrocks0685

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Yes, it says 3 to 4 months reapply. I did it 2 times the first 4 months to get a good coat. Jeep was not sure what New Top comes with but it has something on it. Depends on how much rain gets on top etc. I know the first week I had Bird Poop on top and it was hard to get up real good. I scraped most off so didn't rub into top. After my first coat on top, the next Poop just wiped right off. Everything now just doesn't stay on top. This is the top now. Very clean for weeks. She is parked in the garage mostly but sits in the sun at work. I found out the Jeep gets hot inside sitting in sun long with that Top.

Jeep 3.jpg
Thank you for the information. Thinking of getting one.

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Glad you like your Sky Power Top. I too have one and you can use the Mopar Older JK Grab Handles. They thread through the small space and do not interfere with the Top opening. Sending a pic of mine I just started to install.

Mopar Grab Handles.jpeg
Do those grab handles work in the front too? Have a part number? I am having trouble finding grab handles for the power top for the front seats.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Do those grab handles work in the front too? Have a part number? I am having trouble finding grab handles for the power top for the front seats.
Yes they work in front too. They are only ones I have found that work with the Power Top. Go to Amazon and type Mopar JK Grab Handles and you will see this. The straps are thin enough to feed through Sky Power Top.
  • 31Snqp3QpxL._SX425_.jpg
Click image to open expanded view

Mopar
7 ratings

Price: $29.84 & FREE Shipping

• Great addition to your Jeep Wrangler
  • Separate Grab Handle and Clothes Hanger can be used on Soft and Hard Top Vehicles
  • Color Black
  • Genuine Mopar Accessory
See more product details

New (3) from $29.84 + FREE Shipping

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can see front ones too.
jeep-5-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2019 Sahara one touch.... having issues with it leaking in the back. been to the dealer three times. They say them leaking is just un heard of... I just got lucky :( , I noticed water running down back window on the inside !! getting a new seal for the third time. hope this fixes the issue. I have not heard of one other person having a leak. I as well was told don't go thru automatic high pressure car washes with dryer
If water is running down the inside of the rear window I'd first suspect the rear window weather strip.

sdymond

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Has anyone had experience with transporting a paddle board on top one of the one touch soft tops? I wonder if having something that heavy on top would ruin it. And I don't think it would work while open.

Also, how's the gas mileage? Reports from car and driver are saying not the best for the new JLs.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had experience with transporting a paddle board on top one of the one touch soft tops? I wonder if having something that heavy on top would ruin it. And I don't think it would work while open.

Also, how's the gas mileage? Reports from car and driver are saying not the best for the new JLs.
I have not heard nor seen anyone with anything on top. I saw a thread about asking anyone if they know of a Roof Rack that works but never saw thread again. My 2.0 Turbo gas MPG. City driving on that one.

MPG.jpg

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired

The top folds up with layers so unless the rack on top (or any object) had several inches of clearance the top would snag on it when you open it. As for putting anything on top, I wouldn't. Mine is heading to the shop next week as the right side is not tightening up when I close it and I have gaps showing to the open sky. The rails supporting the top are not very thick and pretty flexible. I would not lay anything on top

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the one touch top a week ago. One thing I didn't think about was the heat coming through the top. How bad is it?
It gets warm. However not nearly as bad as the Freedom top I had on my 2017. My 2017 was like an oven and no relief. With the Sky Roof you can simply crack it open a couple of inches to let most of the heat out. I sit in a parking lot for about an hour each day picking the kids up from school. I like the Sky Roof a lot better

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It gets warm. However not nearly as bad as the Freedom top I had on my 2017. My 2017 was like an oven and no relief. With the Sky Roof, you can simply crack it open a couple of inches to let most of the heat out. I sit in a parking lot for about an hour each day picking the kids up from school. I like the Sky Roof a lot better
Here in Texas, I found out real quick how much heat the Top let in. My son has a Soft top and it was hot. But my Sky Top is hotter to me. When it was 100 degrees and heat index 110 after sitting 8 hrs at work it was HOT inside. I found out rolling windows down 15 mins before I left helped. It took a while for AC to catch up. But I love how easy it is to open and close the top. My son's Soft top is not as hot I think because more air goes out around it. The Sky Top has Glass windows and everything is really airtight. The heat gets trapped.

Last edited:

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Here in Texas, I found out real quick how much heat the Top let in. My son has a Soft top and it was hot. But my Sky Top is hotter to me. When it was 100 degrees and heat index 110 after sitting 8 hrs at work it was HOT inside. I found out rolling windows down 15 mins before I left helped. It took a while for AC to catch up. But I love how easy it is to open and close the top. My son's Soft top is not as hot I think because more air goes out around it. The Sky Top has Glass windows and everything is really airtight. The heat gets trapped.
On the Freedom tops when it was 95 and sunny, the top would be so hot you couldn't touch it from the inside. Had I kept it I was going to put the insulation pads in. I can't compare the One Touch to a soft top as I've never sat in one. But I like the One Touch a lot better for the heat or cold over the Freedom Top. Plus, if you just crack it an inch or two it lets a lot of heat out

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On the Freedom tops when it was 95 and sunny, the top would be so hot you couldn't touch it from the inside. Had I kept it I was going to put the insulation pads in. I can't compare the One Touch to a soft top as I've never sat in one. But I like the One Touch a lot better for the heat or cold over the Freedom Top. Plus, if you just crack it an inch or two it lets a lot of heat out
Yes the metal bars that go across roof are so hot you don't touch them. I love the cold so have not thought about how cold it is. I drove topless few weeks ago when it was 35 degrees. Its been raining for 2 days and its stopped now with our high 45 so I will open her up going home and get some more stares like you crazy !!! :rock::handsinair::jk:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The top folds up with layers so unless the rack on top (or any object) had several inches of clearance the top would snag on it when you open it. As for putting anything on top, I wouldn't. Mine is heading to the shop next week as the right side is not tightening up when I close it and I have gaps showing to the open sky. The rails supporting the top are not very thick and pretty flexible. I would not lay anything on top
Gobi and LOD both have racks that work with the Sky Power top now.
Sponsored