Initial Impressions: Sky One-Touch Power Top

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Here's my family's first impression of the Sky top:

That was after I surprised her with the Jeep itself:

This top is absolutely amazing. I operate the top more often than I operate the windows.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Sky One Touch question. Just got a 2019 Moab with Sky One Touch. Live in Florida and I love the top, but it gets incredibly hot inside.
Is there anything out there to decrease the heat retention inside? Haven't seen any comments anywhere about the heat.

Thanks!~
I received one of the first 2018 versions last November. It has been an unusually wet and cool spring here in Kansas.
It seems like we have only had a handful of days that were in the eighties.
So I do not have any experience yet.
I assume you are referring to the trapped heat from the top. Do you think it is hotter than a soft top?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I wish this option had been available here in Germany.
Then again, I also wish the option of a metal, fixed roof that can take the weight of a roof rack, like the LR Defenders, was available. I am one of the minority who will never remove my hard-top.
Wheeled my old TJ once with the soft top down. Took like 2 months to get the last of the dirt and dust out of the AC system and interior. Also left the top down over night once and a cat pissed on the back seat. Never again.

James p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Moab
Yes, referring to the trapped heat and I think it is much warmer than a soft top. I don't recall my previous soft tops being so warm. Obviously I can open the top or roll the windows down, but initially getting in after its been sitting, it is really hot and that's with the windows tinted extremely dark. Other than that I absolutely love the JL.

JEFFREY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP MOAB 2016 BMW M4 CV
It's actually why I decided to pull the trigger. Always had a convertible and really didn't want to mess with the soft top on the Wrangler. I ordered it a day after I saw the option was available. Love it.

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
I received one of the first 2018 versions last November. It has been an unusually wet and cool spring here in Kansas.
It seems like we have only had a handful of days that were in the eighties.
So I do not have any experience yet.
I assume you are referring to the trapped heat from the top. Do you think it is hotter than a soft top?
You want heat.... We live in Arizona.... We'll post an update later this summer. So far, we're loving this option! So cool to just hit that switch and go topless.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
You want heat.... We live in Arizona.... We'll post an update later this summer. So far, we're loving this option! So cool to just hit that switch and go topless.
You are famous for that Dry Heat in Arizona...
When it finally gets hot here in Kansas it will be a Windy heat. Frost is forecast for the NE part of the state tonight. Truly weird.
I was showing off the Sky One-Touch Power Top to a co-worker today on a two mile trip. It was spitting a few drops when I opened the top. By the end of the two miles it was pouring on the just closed top.
Oh -- how I do love this top.
With my previous Jeeps... never would have risked the down pour.
I would bet that I have increased my big-sky time by ten fold.
I will wear this top out, if I keep this up. C'est la vie.

JLFig9

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (JLU)
Occupation
Railroad Engineer
I was a little "Iffy" because I've always been a HUGE Jeep fan and never owned one. I wanted the look and function of the full soft top during summer and hard top during winter. Well, the wife loved the Sky One-Touch...so now we have the One-touch lol. Two weeks later, best decision "I" ever made! Easy on and off for climate changes. Seriously the best of both worlds if you can accept the rear window never disappearing. Oh and the rear quarter windows that are removable are pretty sweet!

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Been following...and I’m jealous.
I wish I had this!
Might even cause me to trade early.

Sponsored

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Been following...and I’m jealous.
I wish I had this!
Might even cause me to trade early.
I saw you went to Big Bend a week or 2 before I took my old man out there. He's 74 and never been west of Junction TX (well he has been to Cali many times, but never driven west of Junction and NEVER been to West Texas). Anyway Big Brazos, not to make you jealous, but here you go....

RubiBB.jpeg

edit: He LOVED West Texas. Sounds you like you did too in your JL. I also love taking the back panels out but we kept them on for this trip. We loved Old Ore Road. Black Gap was great but too short. River Rd was boring but scenic.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Can my mom sell her hardtop/soft top and buy a sky one touch top to install on her 2018 sahara JL?

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
We just took delivery of our 2020 JLUR with the sky top on it - i debated at length on getting that option mainly due to the cost, but damn I'm glad we got it.

I've got three kiddos - the ability to open and close the top without stopping, removing things, etc is fantastic. The kids love it - open it up when cruising around, close it before getting on the interstate, open it back up again when back on slower roads - probably my favorite option we got on the jeep! Yes i could always stop and remove pieces if I had the hard or soft top, but the ability to do it without stopping was well worth the money in my opinion.
Sponsored