Initial Impressions: Sky One-Touch Power Top

wvgasguy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Do you run it through an automatic car wash? I have a buddy that is having the same issue after a year, but he runs his through a car wash 3 days a week. Dealer told me when I bought it that the high pressure from the systems eventually kills the seals, so I shouldn't run it through them.
NEVER

wvgasguy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
Do you run it through an automatic car wash? I have a buddy that is having the same issue after a year, but he runs his through a car wash 3 days a week. Dealer told me when I bought it that the high pressure from the systems eventually kills the seals, so I shouldn't run it through them.
But this isn't a seal issue. Normally the roof is pulled tight and rests on the rail. No real seal. Now it lifts up leaving an opening. Nothing a seal would close off

Fays4

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
That’s crazy! I hope you get it figured out. I have 11,000 miles on mine open and close it several times a day and so far it has been great! No leaks no gaps no rattles and I live way down a bumpy dirt road. Hopefully it continues to hold up. First sign of trouble I will be trading it in..

wvgasguy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That’s crazy! I hope you get it figured out. I have 11,000 miles on mine open and close it several times a day and so far it has been great! No leaks no gaps no rattles and I live way down a bumpy dirt road. Hopefully it continues to hold up. First sign of trouble I will be trading it in..
That crossed my mind until I saw what the trade in value on a 2019 is. Can't afford to take a $15,000 hit in one year

Tye_Dylan

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sahara JKU
i was seriously looking at a used 19 with this but this thread is making me question that decision. Aesthetically i'm not a huge fan, open or closed, but absolutely love the functionality of it... Just wondering if it's worth the potential issues that seem to be coming up for some folks. Squeaking, leaks, excessive heat...no car washes ever! hmmmm

Gorilla83

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito MOAB, 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2018 Charger Hellcat
Any further thoughts here or updates? Currently sourcing my JL and as of now this is a 100% must have feature.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
Glad to share my thoughts. I've had my Jeep since July. I live in Memphis and it's been an odd winter, which means it's been slightly cooler and VERY rainy.

I ABSOLUTELY love this top! Last night it was clear skies and 46 degrees and I had the top wide open. I also have the heated seats and heated steering wheel and had the heat blasting but so what :)

I have had no problems at all with my roof. No leaks. I stay warm in the winter. Noise levels are not an issue.

The convenience of being able to open and close my top with a button is just sweet.

I could not imagine having to take off roof panels or the entire roof. No way for me.

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye, 2019 RAM 1500 Limited, which makes me officially “Mopar or no car”
Occupation
Boat Builder
Any further thoughts here or updates? Currently sourcing my JL and as of now this is a 100% must have feature.
I have not had any problems with mine and I run it through car washes and everything. I have had soft tops, hard tops, etc. and I will never have another wrangler without the sky one touch top. I absolutely love it and because it is so easy to use my top is open more than it normally would and that is one of the reasons we buy jeeps. Can’t do that in a Bronco! Do it! You won’t regret it!

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Sky One since May. The Top was what made me pull my wild hair string. Its been very wet winter here too. I love the cold so I open my Jeep most days it's not raining. My record is 21 degrees driving open with rear window panels off too. Most people stare like I am nuts but love it. Have driven and been parked in some Texas-size Gullywashers with no leaks. Little hot when Jeep parked in 100-degree temps but warm in winter with top closed. The ease of opening with the press of a button is great. Driven through rain and reopened Top. I would suggest using this Protectant. Its made for the Premium Acrylic Twill fabric material. I have used it and nothing stays on top now. Bird Poop wipes right off.

BestTop Twill Protectant.jpg

wvgasguy

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am currently scheduled for arbitration on the repair of my top with Jeep. They want to fix it. It will be the fifth visit to the dealership for a repair

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been great so far as well. No automated car washes for me though. I’d never take the chance. If it’s above freezing I wash it myself, below 33, hand car wash. It cost 20 bucks and a tip.

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
One year, 7000 miles and I just love my Sky One touch power top. Best decision ever. 0 leaks, 0 problems. For sure my next Jeep will have the same option.
During those cold days in winter, but sunny, feels so good!

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been great so far as well. No automated car washes for me though. I’d never take the chance. If it’s above freezing I wash it myself, below 33, hand car wash. It cost 20 bucks and a tip.
I always hand wash my autos. Never liked the swirl marks you get from auto washes. It does get cold here but my wife thinks i'm nuts but I wash autos and pull in garage and wipe them down inside heated garage. Old school. :like::jk: