Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Sky One since May. The Top was what made me pull my wild hair string. Its been very wet winter here too. I love the cold so I open my Jeep most days it's not raining. My record is 21 degrees driving open with rear window panels off too. Most people stare like I am nuts but love it. Have driven and been parked in some Texas-size Gullywashers with no leaks. Little hot when Jeep parked in 100-degree temps but warm in winter with top closed. The ease of opening with the press of a button is great. Driven through rain and reopened Top. I would suggest using this Protectant. Its made for the Premium Acrylic Twill fabric material. I have used it and nothing stays on top now. Bird Poop wipes right off.

BestTop Twill Protectant.jpg
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been great so far as well. No automated car washes for me though. I’d never take the chance. If it’s above freezing I wash it myself, below 33, hand car wash. It cost 20 bucks and a tip.

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
One year, 7000 miles and I just love my Sky One touch power top. Best decision ever. 0 leaks, 0 problems. For sure my next Jeep will have the same option.
During those cold days in winter, but sunny, feels so good!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been great so far as well. No automated car washes for me though. I’d never take the chance. If it’s above freezing I wash it myself, below 33, hand car wash. It cost 20 bucks and a tip.
I always hand wash my autos. Never liked the swirl marks you get from auto washes. It does get cold here but my wife thinks i'm nuts but I wash autos and pull in garage and wipe them down inside heated garage. Old school. :like::jk:

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
@wvgasguy Just curious on the buyback terms. Do you get full money back for purchase price paid or is it adjusted to current market value based on mileage and condition?

Sponsored

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 72 Formula 400, Yamaha WR250R, Dozens of Kayaks and Canoes, Future Jeep Wrangler JL Owner
I get full amount paid plus the sales tax, lisc and dealer fees and no user costs for the 17,000 miles I put on it. I really liked this Jeep but not taking the $15,000 depreciation hit is gonna be real nice
I’m sorry they never could get your issue corrected. That sucks. I’m glad they made it right enough that you are fairly satisfied with what they ultimately gave you for buying back your Rubicon. I realize the hassle was worth more.

I read your story intently because right now I’m heavily favoring the Sky One-Touch over the hardtop. I test drove them all and found it to be the quietest. Plus I love the convenience of it. I just think I will go open air more often with that option. It’s great to hear a first hand account so if I go that route, I can’t say I wasn’t warned. Thanks for posting your account. Buyer beware/aware.

I’m curious, after all the issues you had, and your dealings with corporate Jeep, are you going to buy another? If so, which top?

Last edited:

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 72 Formula 400, Yamaha WR250R, Dozens of Kayaks and Canoes, Future Jeep Wrangler JL Owner
wvgasguy: I’d likely done the same thing if I was in your shoes, too. I fix and repair everything myself, but one of the things you are getting when buying new is warranty. I’m too cheap not to use it. That is....until two visits in and they still haven’t fixed it. Time for a new plan!

Finding a lower priced vehicle right at the get-go sounds like exactly what will make it easier for you to try a Jeep again. So...you 100% won’t go for the Sky, and found the Freedom top not to your liking temperature-wise, does that mean IF you buy another you would go for the soft top?

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw your Trail Boss response. I was too slow to ask the soft top question. ^

I agree with you on both points: having laser focus on one vehicle blinds you to other options out there and cash will almost certainly be king with these uncertain economic times that appear to be coming.

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10-4. I read (and saw videos on YT) that the HotHeads headliners with the Sound Assassins thermal barrier may even help bring the temps down even further. Thanks for your input. Good luck on the next vehicle. You earned it.

M178872

First Name
Jeff gilmor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
My 2018 JLUR was totaled by a jerk on his phone. So I had the opportunity for a re-do. In my 2018 i was always taking the freedom panels off because I love the open air driving. I have a very small garage and no where to store the hard top so I was never able to take it off. I figured the Sky One Touch would be perfect for my situation. And boy was I right. Had it less than a week but I absolutely love it and already taken the side panels out twice.
Is the Jeep still owned by you looking for a ski top for my 2018 Sahara m/s me thanks jeff

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have come around on this one. Personally, I think it is wrong on a JLU. It is not as open and airy as I would like with top and doors off. Our JK has both tops and our JL only has a soft. I would not consider this one touch for us at all.

However, I really can see the appeal to it for many. It seems to be executed as well as you can on this type of top. For some, it will check their box. And at least it is not an angry grill...

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I do love my Sky one top. Opening and closing it is so easy. Close when running through a rain shower and open back up when past it.

I have just come to like the fully open Hardtop or soft top when off.

Going to get 2021 Rubicon with Dual tops next. My wife wants my Jeep.

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg
Sponsored