Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Funny how if you want a 392 on the forum just because it's cool everyone gets behind that. If you want the 4xe because it's cool we're expected to break out the math books to justify it. For some of us the simple fact that it's more powerful than a 2.0T/3.6 while also being more efficient is enough.
Nah, a 392 on Mopar spec'd Dana 44's is just as stupid.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I have no doubt that there will be a premium for both new variants of the Wrangler, as demand will be really high.

That number is insanely high.

Only explanation I can even remotely consider is that MAYBE (pure speculation here) the early 4xE adopters are helping to build out the trail chargers that Jeep has said they'll install nationwide, and MAYBE you get free charging for life, like Tesla. Even then, probably not enough of a benefit....
$20,000 is a lot of electricity!

Anyone that pays that much for a hybrid Wrangler should be checked into an asylum immediately.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dang 20k premium..

Depending on how much you drive that’s roughly/nearly 4yrs of gas @ (3) fill-ups a week, every week.

or

Depending on how much you eat that’s roughly/nearly 4yrs of Filet Mignon steaks (1) for you and (1) for your wife (3) times a week, every week.

Jeep Wrangler JL How much????? Insanity 85CD9DFC-8342-46F4-92F5-FE59C148EF60

But who am I kidding, hybrid owners probably don’t eat meat.

Jeep Wrangler JL How much????? Insanity 208395FB-6A03-4690-A5D6-E6953B6D6F87

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
If the system allows you to switch over to hybrid mode when the battery runs low, then why are charging stations needed on trails? At the (glacial) rate that the battery charges what are you going to do for several hours while your rig charges?

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If the system allows you to switch over to hybrid mode when the battery runs low, then why are charging stations needed on trails? At the (glacial) rate that the battery charges what are you going to do for several hours while your rig charges?
Im guessing they’ll have plenty of time to either A. Review their budgets or B. Take cool photos to post here haha

Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
People are still believing it will be 20k premium...hmm.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
When no pricing has been announced at all. Some dealers have put in placeholder numbers but no one knows what the price is.
This has been done for years with dealers. My wife ordered a subaru crosstrek hybrid (mistake) before their pricing was out in 2013-2014. I asked the dealer about what happens if the pricing isn’t to our liking. Our deposit was refundable and he listed the price as $111,111.11.
I’m just surprised there is so much emotion and judgment over a made up number.
Thank you for your sanity Chris!

eLECTRICON

2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
2.0L I4 DOHC Turbo PHEV

Base Price
$50,215
Added Options
$10,845
Accessories
$1,500
Destination Charges
$1,495
Selling Price
$64,055 plus tax and fees

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
2.0L I4 DOHC Turbo PHEV

Base Price
$50,215
Added Options
$16,845
Accessories
$1,500
Destination Charges
$1,495
SELLING PRICE
$70,055 plus tax and fees
Ok... I clicked on your link. It just takes me to the regular build website on jeep.com

I was also on the Jeep website about 30 minutes ago and I didn’t see any sort of 4XE option under the “powertrain” tab

where you getting those numbers from

asking with respect and sincerity! 😀

eLECTRICON

Ok... I clicked on your link. It just takes me to the regular build website on jeep.com

I was also on the Jeep website about 30 minutes ago and I didn’t see any sort of 4XE option under the “powertrain” tab

where you getting those numbers from

asking with respect and sincerity! 😀
What link? .............I see it in the quote. That's weird. I copy pasted the quote from my dealer. It probably just a dealer link in the email.

DowntownTaco

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auffenbergcdjr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE, 2022 392 XR
Occupation
Jeep Sales
2.0L I4 DOHC Turbo PHEV

Base Price
$50,215
Added Options
$16,845
Accessories
$1,500
Destination Charges
$1,495
Selling Price
$70,055 plus tax and fees
How is your dealer quoting pricing that none of us have? I can go into the unscheduled orders screen and see the placeholder numbers, but even then there isn't a breakdown (this is how the initial freak-out over 392 pricing occurred).

I guess either way, it is irrelevant. If they aimed high, you pay less than anticipated... If they aimed low, you get to be angry. LOL.

Jeep Wrangler JL How much????? Insanity no jeep prici

eLECTRICON

How is your dealer quoting pricing that none of us have? I can go into the unscheduled orders screen and see the placeholder numbers, but even then there isn't a breakdown (this is how the initial freak-out over 392 pricing occurred).

I guess either way, it is irrelevant. If they aimed high, you pay less than anticipated... If they aimed low, you get to be angry. LOL.

no jeep pricing.png
I don't know but I'm signing on Monday if I'm approved for my loan. I'm going to ask about the 5% below invoice people mentioned in other posts. When I ordered it on Nov it was supposed to be available in Dec before Jeep changed it to Q1. I told the dealer the purchase had to made prior to Dec 31st for 2020 tax year.
Sponsored