Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I hear you, they are pricey. Much cheaper then buying the fox 3.0's. They are worth it when you are ready for the next level.
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Would using washers as spacers cause any issues? They are just there to get the shock correctly aligned in the mount?
I would say not a good idea. I have a feeling that a bushing holds a shock in place and a bolt just squeezes it hard enough to hold it in one place. On other hand if you are not jumping you jeep it might not matter.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
You are using the washers to space the shock. It just centers or offsets the mount location. Does not have to do with up and down load, just sides. It a metal washer, just like the same as a Fox made spacer. Just a pain to stack 8-10 washers, while pushing in a bolt to the mount. This is why you use tape. It holds the stack together like a 1 piece "spacer".

Shaffer9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I went ahead and pressed out the spacer bushing from the Rubi Reds..... After just a little bit of driving I'd have to say major improvement for me. Took out a little bit of the harshness that was there originally. We will see if anything negative pops up with more driving, but definitely worth the $200 to me. And they look a little nicer too.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to share some of my thoughts. So far after several months with these shocks I can say it’s the best cheap mod out there. With street driving it’s only positives for me. With gravel roads it’s a HUGE improvement. The only negative is with low speed rock crowing. I would prefer slightly more dumping. But it’s impossible to have every thing perfect.

Sponsored

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Just to share some of my thoughts. So far after several months with these shocks I can say it’s the best cheap mod out there. With street driving it’s only positives for me. With gravel roads it’s a HUGE improvement. The only negative is with low speed rock crowing. I would prefer slightly more dumping. But it’s impossible to have every thing perfect.
Max what springs are you running?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Max what springs are you running?
Springs from rubicon with hard top and metal bumpers. I have an inch spacer in front, but I have a winch and a heavy front bumper. I have diesel front springs lying around that I want to install to get read of spacers.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up my JT Rubicon shocks tomorrow, hope to get them installed this weekend. I pushed bushings out of a set of shocks I have here.

MIke Honcho

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara 2.0T
Just to make sure I'm clear on this...

Fronts are a direct drop in for Gladiator shocks.

Rear bottoms need bracket holes reamed out to accept 14mm bolt.

Rear tops just need spacers on both sides of shock? Do I use the OEM bolt that came with the jeep? (2019 Sahara)

BTW...I'll be dropping in 3668 and 3601 springs too.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Wouldn't Rubicon 392 shocks be easier?
Yes... but there aren't many 392 take-offs. It's pretty easy to get ahold of some JT Rubicon take-offs for a few hundred dollars.

Also this thread was started before the 392 existed.

Jeeper1941

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 60EDF2A8-5DB1-4322-A7B7-BC3461CFC157
Hey guys , I plan on putting JT oem fox shocks on my JL and had a quick question. Based on this chart(not sure if I’m reading it correctly) the compressed measurement of the sport shock vs oem fox is the same, but the extended measurement is 21.50” vs fox 23.63” so basically 2 inches longer. Does this mean if I install the teraflex 1.5 leveling kit (2” front 1.5” rear pucks) I won’t need to buy shock extenders?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 60EDF2A8-5DB1-4322-A7B7-BC3461CFC157
Hey guys , I plan on putting JT oem fox shocks on my JL and had a quick question. Based on this chart(not sure if I’m reading it correctly) the compressed measurement of the sport shock vs oem fox is the same, but the extended measurement is 21.50” vs fox 23.63” so basically 2 inches longer. Does this mean if I install the teraflex 1.5 leveling kit (2” front 1.5” rear pucks) I won’t need to buy shock extenders?
Correct. Shock extensions are only needed when changing bump stops. And longer bump stops are usually only needed to keep a larger tire from contacting something. If you aren't changing tires, there is no reason to extend bump stops, and therefore no reason to add shock extensions either.

Jeeper1941

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Correct. Shock extensions are only needed when changing bump stops. And longer bump stops are usually only needed to keep a larger tire from contacting something. If you aren't changing tires, there is no reason to extend bump stops, and therefore no reason to add shock extensions either.
I will be changing tires, 35s that run small and measure 34” mounted, and I will be adding the rubicon higher clearance fenders and removing the bottom plastic trim to made them flat, so I figured that won’t rub at all, that if I needed bump stops it would be for the bottoming out of the shocks and not the fender rubbing
Sponsored