Fobless key

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
i wrote the people at Shearer Locksmith Inc, they quoted me $75 for JUST the key? i don't need a NEW fob. just a duplicate key?
Sponsored

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I talked to pro-keys in Chicago, and they wanted to come to me, but NEVER showed up, and I talked to another place (can't remember the name) and they showed up but could NOT do the JK key.

I went back to the dealer and they can do it, but will charge $160 and I HAVE to buy the fob

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I went to the dealer (Sherman dodge) and they sent me a NEW fob. the key worked, but the fob did NOT.

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I am SO glad I bought my NEW jeep at Sherman in Lincolnwood. they did not answer me yesterday, but yesterday was a federal holiday. I have had a LOT of trouble with Sherman. I would NOT recommend Sherman to my worst enemy

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
5/29/19
Warrantech,
an AmTrust Financial Company
P.O. Box 1077 Bedford, TX 76095

Dear AM Express,

I purchased a NEW 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL from Shermer Dodge in winter of 2019. I told the salesman, Dariusz Witek, EMPHATICALLY to never share my phone number with ANYONE.

I received a phone call EVERY day from sales people trying to sell me other stuff. This started a HUGE phone and email war with darius and Sherman for MONTHS until it FINALLY stopped.

I also asked Darius for an extra key, and was NEVER told how to get another key.

I went into the shop in may and was pressured into buying a fob by mail ($160). I brought my original fob and key. The fob and key came later in may , the key worked, but the fob did not.

I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS UNWORKING FOB, PLEASE REFUND MY AMEX MONEY IN FULL!

May 20 VIA EMAIL:
thank you for making my experience with Sherman suck that much more.
thank you also for taking my money and getting me a key although I was NOT pleasant

May 24 VIA EMAIL:
I din't want the WHOLE fob thing, I only wanted a duplicate key. but you MADE me order the WHOLE thing (and PAY for it) and the fob does NOT work.
the key works fine, but when I go to start the car, it says the fob is NOT detected and won't start???

NONE OF THESE EMAILS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BY SHERMAN!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I went to the dealer (Sherman dodge) and they sent me a NEW fob. the key worked, but the fob did NOT.
The fob has to programmed to the Jeep before it will work.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I am SO glad I bought my NEW jeep at Sherman in Lincolnwood. they did not answer me yesterday, but yesterday was a federal holiday. I have had a LOT of trouble with Sherman. I would NOT recommend Sherman to my worst enemy
Their Yelp reviews pretty much says it all.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Using the great info on this thread I ordered both a faraday bag and two of the fiat/jeep blanks on amazon. If anyone is in the sac/auburn, ca area, the place called "Locksmith & Key" on the corner of 49 and Palm in Auburn, CA cut both keys for $30. Took about 10 minutes.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
5/29/19
Warrantech,
an AmTrust Financial Company
P.O. Box 1077 Bedford, TX 76095

Dear AM Express,

I purchased a NEW 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL from Shermer Dodge in winter of 2019. I told the salesman, Dariusz Witek, EMPHATICALLY to never share my phone number with ANYONE.

I received a phone call EVERY day from sales people trying to sell me other stuff. This started a HUGE phone and email war with darius and Sherman for MONTHS until it FINALLY stopped.

I also asked Darius for an extra key, and was NEVER told how to get another key.

I went into the shop in may and was pressured into buying a fob by mail ($160). I brought my original fob and key. The fob and key came later in may , the key worked, but the fob did not.

I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS UNWORKING FOB, PLEASE REFUND MY AMEX MONEY IN FULL!

May 20 VIA EMAIL:
thank you for making my experience with Sherman suck that much more.
thank you also for taking my money and getting me a key although I was NOT pleasant

May 24 VIA EMAIL:
I din't want the WHOLE fob thing, I only wanted a duplicate key. but you MADE me order the WHOLE thing (and PAY for it) and the fob does NOT work.
the key works fine, but when I go to start the car, it says the fob is NOT detected and won't start???

NONE OF THESE EMAILS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BY SHERMAN!!!
The best thing about Amex is that you can call them and they’ll get your money back in 5 minutes.

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
Sherman admitted they were wrong in email. I can NOT talk on the phone. I wrote snail mail to amex and sherman.

Sherman jeep looks like crap here.

PLEASE do not quote here, it is just spam!

Sponsored

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
After 5 locksmiths, I was finally able to get a blank cut!

JL_Key.jpg