Fobless key

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 RS-SS Camaro, JLUR392 Granite
@Rhinebeck01 Ahhhh, got it.

The RFID chip itself, removed form the stock fob is a fully sealed/protected chip.... it is waterproof and quite durable...
I had misunderstood that to be just describing the characteristics of the RFID chip.

Makes perfect sense now, thanks!

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
@Left Field

In regard to the soon to be offered, THREEDOM, RFID+keyholder ....... it is a key holder made from "Durable Engineered Plastic ", that has a small pocket so to speak.... where you place the programmed RFID chip taken from your stock fob into it.

With that said you buy the RFID+keyholder from THREEDOM, attach your stock key to it, place your RFID chip into it's chip holder and you are ready to go....

OH .... your cut key blank will probably not fit the RFID+keyholder... unless the blank/the end of the blank key is shaped, etc. exactly the same as a stock JL/JT key.

I happen to have a complete spare (4th) Key Fob assembly, but with a bad circuitboard from a leaking battery. The RFID and hard key are fine and I'll harvest these for a minimalist rig.

BTW, it was interesting just playing with the tiny RFID chip and starting the Jeep, no battery, no FOB. That little chip needs to be almost touching the start button.

roaniecowpony

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Advertisement

Superchips TrailDash 3

Advertisement