Rahneld

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If leaving the fob in the Jeep puts me at risk of a vehicle that won’t start, I’ll stop doing that.
I'd guess, security reasons for most people not doing this (given both more equipped JLs and more dangerous areas) that leaving the fob in your JL outside of a Faraday bag won't wear down the battery.

I don't think the JL is pinging it except when you push the start button, successfully crank it and remain in park, or after you've lost the fob and turn the rig off.

Advertisement

marjamr

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Roaniecowpony

Hey, that foil hat should help protect your brain when the EMP comes. I'll have to make me one of those.
But that plane's going down like a ton of bricks.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
As said before, WHY all this???

I guess if you locked your Jeep with the key fob in it by accident this would be helpful. Why ever would you leave an active fob on purpose in your rig??? You cannot start the Jeep w/o the fob!!! Sounds like almost everyone here needs a subscription to Uconnect or SiriusXM Guardian (same thing I think) so you guys can open and start your rigs by phone or computer?? ( I know pretty pricey!) lol

Go Jeep!!!
I've lost security keys before. I put my keys in the little tool bag under my mountain bike seat and forgot to zipper it. Got back to the trail head and found the key missing. Hide-a-key had a "valet" key in it. I was able to unlock the doors but was unable to start the car. Tried to call roadside assistance. No cell service.
All this rigmarole is necessary since we need a way to get into the car, and also need a fob to start the car. So we need both a spare key and a fob hidden somewhere inside the jeep.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
Anyone know what the battery type is and how many are in the FOB? I'd like to keep a few extra in my faraday bag.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The size of fob never really being a problem, I just took the key out and run with a ring in my pocket. Jeep, house, garage and club. No fob opening in my pocket

Attach8125_20190511_071852.jpg

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
i wrote the people at Shearer Locksmith Inc, they quoted me $75 for JUST the key? i don't need a NEW fob. just a duplicate key?

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I talked to pro-keys in Chicago, and they wanted to come to me, but NEVER showed up, and I talked to another place (can't remember the name) and they showed up but could NOT do the JK key.

I went back to the dealer and they can do it, but will charge $160 and I HAVE to buy the fob

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I went to the dealer (Sherman dodge) and they sent me a NEW fob. the key worked, but the fob did NOT.

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
I am SO glad I bought my NEW jeep at Sherman in Lincolnwood. they did not answer me yesterday, but yesterday was a federal holiday. I have had a LOT of trouble with Sherman. I would NOT recommend Sherman to my worst enemy

rockyg05

First Name
Rocky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wragler
5/29/19
Warrantech,
an AmTrust Financial Company
P.O. Box 1077 Bedford, TX 76095

Dear AM Express,

I purchased a NEW 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL from Shermer Dodge in winter of 2019. I told the salesman, Dariusz Witek, EMPHATICALLY to never share my phone number with ANYONE.

I received a phone call EVERY day from sales people trying to sell me other stuff. This started a HUGE phone and email war with darius and Sherman for MONTHS until it FINALLY stopped.

I also asked Darius for an extra key, and was NEVER told how to get another key.

I went into the shop in may and was pressured into buying a fob by mail ($160). I brought my original fob and key. The fob and key came later in may , the key worked, but the fob did not.

I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS UNWORKING FOB, PLEASE REFUND MY AMEX MONEY IN FULL!

May 20 VIA EMAIL:
thank you for making my experience with Sherman suck that much more.
thank you also for taking my money and getting me a key although I was NOT pleasant

May 24 VIA EMAIL:
I din't want the WHOLE fob thing, I only wanted a duplicate key. but you MADE me order the WHOLE thing (and PAY for it) and the fob does NOT work.
the key works fine, but when I go to start the car, it says the fob is NOT detected and won't start???

NONE OF THESE EMAILS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BY SHERMAN!!!

OP
Jebiruph

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT, 2018 BU
I went to the dealer (Sherman dodge) and they sent me a NEW fob. the key worked, but the fob did NOT.
The fob has to programmed to the Jeep before it will work.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
I am SO glad I bought my NEW jeep at Sherman in Lincolnwood. they did not answer me yesterday, but yesterday was a federal holiday. I have had a LOT of trouble with Sherman. I would NOT recommend Sherman to my worst enemy
Their Yelp reviews pretty much says it all.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler
Using the great info on this thread I ordered both a faraday bag and two of the fiat/jeep blanks on amazon. If anyone is in the sac/auburn, ca area, the place called "Locksmith & Key" on the corner of 49 and Palm in Auburn, CA cut both keys for $30. Took about 10 minutes.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement