Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
These are like the rugged ridge, hard to adjust
I did not find them hard to adjust. I mounted the post to the windshield and adusted them to where I wanted them and tighten them down. Then I mounted the mirror to the post and adjusted the mirror to where I wanted them. The only way it could get easier is if they were powered.........

The whole install and mirror adjustment was under five minutes. I think it took longer to get the tools out then it did to install the mirror.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
These are like the rugged ridge, hard to adjust
Hi Michael,

The bend in the "elbow" is similar but our mount is simple and more solid. No vibration, no wiggle, doesn't fall. They are stainless steel as well. The mount and hardware is made in the US.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just headed out to do a quick video of the Motorcity Aftermarket mirrors at speed. Open the garage door....Fucking Michigan... It started to rain again. No doors, no top, no video. If the weather cooperates in the next few days I will post a video of what the mirrors do at speed. You will be surprised at how good they look.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Within 10 seconds of my first ride with the CMM mirrors mounted, I knew I didn’t like the mounting location right in my line of sight. I decided to use the lower mounting option.

Figured I’d add these photos here to show how you can choose a top or bottom mount position (as many have posted here). Thought it might be nice to see them side-by-side.

If you decide to use the bottom mounts, you just need to swap the driver and passenger side mounts.

8EA8C74E-57A5-4944-BBEF-2B6D913C32A3.jpeg

1E1CC1E6-E2A2-4108-9052-50AC37294475.jpeg

7553E4AC-634D-4355-9DFD-2C8E2110ABBE.jpeg

5373CAB4-1D14-492C-B454-0F95FCD417B0.jpeg

Hmm. I just got to the point where the CMM mirrors are positioned where I like them and now you've gotten me re-thinking it. I was one of the original buyers with the short posts. Paid to get the longer posts (that I believe are now standard) and visibility is much better. But now I'm wondering if I should try the lower mount position.

Sponsored

Jub

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
Hmm. I just got to the point where the CMM mirrors are positioned where I like them and now you've gotten me re-thinking it. I was one of the original buyers with the short posts. Paid to get the longer posts (that I believe are now standard) and visibility is much better. But now I'm wondering if I should try the lower mount position.
Sorry for causing the dilemma! It’s really a pretty easy swap to just try it out if your find yourself without any other mods to do some evening : )

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I installed these last week $120, these are compact look good, quick tool-less on and off, and extremely durable. I had the Lange mirrors and sent them back they are J-U-N-K. Personally I am not paying $270 for CMM mirrors when these are just as good for 40% the cost of CMM mirrors. The door hing mirrors are to utilitarian for me they are also very large and hard to store in the Wrangler (not very attractive either. These motorcycle mirrors are compact and fit easily in the console or glove box.

Also I checked the Mirror Laws here in Washington State and the law only requires a external driver side mirror and your windshield rear view mirror qualifies as your second mirror so no external passenger side mirror required. I would assume some other states are the same.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Did you return them because they kept coming loose? Ours are different. Check it out.

One of the attachment points came loose/broke, but they were also too much work to put on and adjust. Once adjusted, highway speed would blow them around until they were useless. I’m anal, and so it also bugged me if they weren’t angled the same on both sides so that there was symmetry when looking head on at the Jeep.

Anyway, I upgraded to CMMs. They’re fantastic.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I installed these last week $120, these are compact look good, quick tool-less on and off, and extremely durable. I had the Lange mirrors and sent them back they are J-U-N-K. Personally I am not paying $270 for CMM mirrors when these are just as good for 40% the cost of CMM mirrors. The door hing mirrors are to utilitarian for me they are also very large and hard to store in the Wrangler (not very attractive either. These motorcycle mirrors are compact and fit easily in the console or glove box.

Also I checked the Mirror Laws here in Washington State and the law only requires a external driver side mirror and your windshield rear view mirror qualifies as your second mirror so no external passenger side mirror required. I would assume some other states are the same.
Awesome man glad to hear it! Love mine as well! Reach out to double take if you want and let them know how you like them! I dont get any kickbacks or anything free from them, I just thought it was a cool idea and figured it might help them expand.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did you try it yet? I think I’m gonna have to try it too. I’m some what used to the way they are now but wish they were lower.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Did you try it yet? I think I’m gonna have to try it too. I’m some what used to the way they are now but wish they were lower.
No I didn't. Let me know your thoughts if you do.

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
One of the attachment points came loose/broke, but they were also too much work to put on and adjust. Once adjusted, highway speed would blow them around until they were useless. I’m anal, and so it also bugged me if they weren’t angled the same on both sides so that there was symmetry when looking head on at the Jeep.

Anyway, I upgraded to CMMs. They’re fantastic.
We're totally with you on the anal thing (picky, not the other anal thing :giggle:) - I just wanted to make sure everyone realized why ours won't come loose vs. the other look-a-likes on the market. End of the day, you're happy and that's what matters most.

Happy Jeeping!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Awesome man glad to hear it! Love mine as well! Reach out to double take if you want and let them know how you like them! I don't get any kickbacks or anything free from them, I just thought it was a cool idea and figured it might help them expand.
It is guys like you that think outside the box and shares your findings is what makes this forum great. I assume many here are sick and tired of Jeep aftermarket parts manufactures and retailed sucking the blood out of use for anything that is made for a Wrangler and then charging twice as much as it is actual;y worth just because it is for a Wrangler (much like the boating industry). To find common items that are better made without the JEEP PREMIUM PRICE and function better or as good as the premium jeep specific products really makes my day, Thanks again for sharing...

Again for those looking for door-less mirrors these should be seriously considered, while the CMM is great product it is grossly over priced, I simply cannot support company's like CMM. Then the window hinge and door hinge mount mirrors are a hassle to put on -take off and adjust plus they take up valuable room when not in use (assuming you keep them in the Wrangler.

The Double Take Ram Ball Mirror solution should seriously be considered by those looking for a solution for mirrors.
Sponsored