Doorless Mirrors?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I drove doorless without mirrors to work today, and found that the backup camera has a great field of view. By the time they are out of the cameras vision I can see/hear them over my shoulder.
Does anyone know how to get it to stay on permanently when you push the camera button? I have it in my "dock" so that it's easy to push, but if I have to change lanes quickly I would rather it stay on rather than looking for a button.
I read in another forum that the Tazer JL has a feature option that turns the backup camera on when you use your turn signals. And this is from the Tazer JL website: "TurnCAM – can turn on backup camera whenever turn signals are used (great for when the doors are off)"
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I read in another forum that the Tazer JL has a feature option that turns the backup camera on when you use your turn signals. And this is from the Tazer JL website: "TurnCAM – can turn on backup camera whenever turn signals are used (great for when the doors are off)"
I have that set on now, but I may turn it off. I really like leaving it always on with the doors off as I am constantly monitoring what is going on around me... With the only on with signal I find myself double & triple checking as I'm not 100% certain someone isn't changing lanes etc.. With the doors on it can be annoying at lights as it comes on as I wait to turn at a light.

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
they provide little plastic sticker squares that fully protect the paint, hard to see in pic but it provides a nice thick plastic buffer against body paint
I just received my Lange Coyote mirrors in the mail and when I read the instructions about placing the plastic between the body and the mounting block I instantly had second thoughts about installing these mirrors. Does the plastic truly protect the paint? I'm worried that if the mounting block gets lose or vibrates it might scuff the paint even with the plastic protector in place. My Jeep is still on order so I can't see exactly how the mounting block lines up with Jeep to judge for myself if the mount is likely to damage the paint or not. Hoping to get thoughts from any Lange Coyote owners. Thanks!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
FYI, I hear the Kikbax mirror/foot peg brackets will be available for the JL real soon.......just in time for spring and summer driving. They told me last summer it would be fall (saw them at the NJ Jeep Invasion) but have since pushed it back to spring. I loved these things on my JK, I can't wait for the JL versions.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
I just received my Lange Coyote mirrors in the mail and when I read the instructions about placing the plastic between the body and the mounting block I instantly had second thoughts about installing these mirrors. Does the plastic truly protect the paint? I'm worried that if the mounting block gets lose or vibrates it might scuff the paint even with the plastic protector in place.
If you are worried about the hard plastic spacer, use it as a template to trace and cut out a small piece of rubber or thin foam to go between the mount and your paint.

To help keep the bolt tight, pick up some Purple Loctite, it a low strength thread locker that is perfect for accessories. Strong enough to lock the fasteners tight, but mellow enough that you can remove the fasteners fairly easy. It is designed for small fasteners (under 1/4"), but works on larger fasteners too.

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I just received my Lange Coyote mirrors in the mail and when I read the instructions about placing the plastic between the body and the mounting block I instantly had second thoughts about installing these mirrors. Does the plastic truly protect the paint? I'm worried that if the mounting block gets lose or vibrates it might scuff the paint even with the plastic protector in place. My Jeep is still on order so I can't see exactly how the mounting block lines up with Jeep to judge for myself if the mount is likely to damage the paint or not. Hoping to get thoughts from any Lange Coyote owners. Thanks!
You won’t have anything to worry about. It’s paint protection film. In fact I think it creates extra friction that if anything helps keep the mounts more stable. I’ve never had any rattle or movement at all since installing and those mirrors have spent many hours at highway speeds. Rock solid. I know there are other great mirror options too, but I love these. Can’t wait for the weather to improve and get the doors off again!

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
You won’t have anything to worry about. It’s paint protection film. In fact I think it creates extra friction that if anything helps keep the mounts more stable. I’ve never had any rattle or movement at all since installing and those mirrors have spent many hours at highway speeds. Rock solid. I know there are other great mirror options too, but I love these. Can’t wait for the weather to improve and get the doors off again!
Thank you Jocko and Tech Tim. Looks like I should have no problems with the Coyote mirrors.

jconradtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler SS Sting Gray/Heritage Tan w/ 6spd, HT, Tech Pkg & Cold Pkg
Occupation
EMT/Instructor
Thought I would revive this thread and see if anyone has seen anything new on this OP question and/or updates and impressions with pics on the products they have went with.

Spring is here and I'd like to be prepared with my mirrors when the season actually warms up and I can strip all the hard parts from my JL!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab; 2019 Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription; 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
I had the dietech for my JK as well and loved them ... wish they had an option for the JL. Not sure what to do as I'm not loving all the options right now. My wife might want us to have tube doors (safety of kids?) so maybe I'll just use the mirrors on those and never go fully doorless. Hmmmmm?

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would revive this thread and see if anyone has seen anything new on this OP question and/or updates and impressions with pics on the products they have went with.

Spring is here and I'd like to be prepared with my mirrors when the season actually warms up and I can strip all the hard parts from my JL!

227BACE0-81DA-4C1B-9A31-0779883DEC52.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

10mmauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2008 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
94AE1396-EBFA-4EBE-B233-2E394D56E243.png
I have these mirrors on my JL right now. They shake like crazy and tend to pivot back into the body at freeway speeds, especially when passing 18 wheelers. They aren’t bad around town, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
94AE1396-EBFA-4EBE-B233-2E394D56E243.png

I have these mirrors on my JL right now. They shake like crazy and tend to pivot back into the body at freeway speeds, especially when passing 18 wheelers. They aren’t bad around town, though.
I agree, they do shake too much at speed to be very useful. Mine didn't pivot, but I haven't used them since I got my tazer and used the feature that switches on the rear camera with my blinkers (or just leave the rear camera on screen while doorless).
Sponsored