Best doorless side mirrors?

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Could you post a pic from the front of the car? I’m interested in these. But don’t really like the look. It’s this or trail doors and I’m leaning towards trail doors
Was in a hurry but I’ll get another pic with lighter backgroun
Jeep Wrangler JL Best doorless side mirrors? 7F63AD5D-DB14-4355-A3C1-0B34C6A3BDE2
Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Was in a hurry but I’ll get another pic with lighter backgroun
7F63AD5D-DB14-4355-A3C1-0B34C6A3BDE2.png
Much appreciated! What do you think of them? Any issues? Do they flop or are they sturdy? And has anyone stacked these with light bar mounts? I’m hoping they don’t effect mine. I have the quake windshield mounts. I ordered them anyway today but just wondering now.

Last edited:

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Much appreciated! What do you think of them? Any issues? Do they flop?
Love them except the objects a farther away then close. No vibration, easy to install. I painted the arm and holder flat black. I remove the bracket for the winter. Take several easy minutes.

14A60B21-12AE-44D8-9F79-55CF9DD9DA6E.png

image.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Dont think it has ever been mentioned on the forum before....

But you can buy aftermarket mirrors with 8 mm stems that will screw into the cowl bolt hole.

So, for few $ you can have really decent rear view mirrors that don't vibrate, look good and go on and off quickly. Yes, thread same same regarding stem and female.

See pic that points to bolt you remove and screw the mirror stem into.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best doorless side mirrors? 9999

Last edited:

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys (JLU)
Dont think it has ever been mentioned on the forum before....
but you can buy take-off, short stem Harley mirrors, cheap (Black or Chrome (Tear or Round) and the stem on them, will screw right into the female where the one cowl bolt goes.

So, for few $ you can have really decent rearview mirrors that don't vibrate, look good and go on and off quickly. Yes, thread same same regarding stem and female.

See pic that points to bolt you remove and screw the mirror stem into.
9999.jpg
Hi Rhinebeck,

I know this post was from a while ago, but I’m picking up my Jeep JLU Willys in a few weeks, and wanted to be ready for the warm weather here in NC!

I saw this YouTube video that demonstrates exactly what you’re talking about:

And here’s a link to the mirrors he uses in the video:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JMTIG2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HWRSE2WMNKVQR4YZ63XB

Have you experienced any shaking or rattling at certain highway speeds when using a setup like this? Also, does this setup interfere with the antenna? I’m trying to stay under $50 and minimize the shaking and folding in of the mirrors, and have yet to find a solution on the forums at this price point — but I’m hoping that this is it!

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use a quality mirror ...say a HD branded mirror and no, no vibration, shaking, hum, etc. No issue with antenna.
Thank you! Would you be able to share a link to the HD mirrors you had in mind that would work for this type of screw-in set up?

Thanks again!

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
For visibility I haven't found anything better than Just Add Mudd's. They're not cheap, but they work very well. They for doorless and won't work with aftermarket doors.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For visibility I haven't found anything better than Just Add Mudd's. They're not cheap, but they work very well. They for doorless and won't work with aftermarket doors.
Those are absolutely, some butt ugly mirrors...

If I was gonna drop that kind of money I'd go with Carolina Metal Masters..

OutsideLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I'll second on the JustAddMud mirrors. I had the Barricade Rectangular Adventure Mirrors from Extreme Terrain, and gave them to a friend, because I love the JAM mirrors. They require no hardware installation. The magnets keep the mirror in place well and there is very little vibration during driving.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump....

Read where a Gladiator owner, used this mirror set... nice looking mirror.. Install is so easy...

Cowl bolts are 8mm.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best doorless side mirrors? 17E65B7D-CD91-4617-BE56-EC8EDC9B852C

Owner states:

"Kemimoto Universal Motorcycle Mirrors, kemimoto M8 M10 Threaded Bolt Double Take Mirror for Scooter, ATV Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, Victory got them on Amazon for $23.00"
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Motorcycle-KEMIMOTO-Threaded-Kawasaki/dp/B01MR1ZNCD/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=kemimoto+Universal+Motorcycle+Mirrors,+kemimoto+M8+M10+Threaded+Bolt+Double+Take+Mirror+for+Scooter,+ATV+Kawasaki,+Suzuki,+Honda,+Victory+got+them+on+Amazon+for+$23.00&qid=1618185281&sr=8-

Last edited:

Elyoho21

First Name
Emmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
You could have mounted the CMMs on the bottom of the grab handle which puts them at the same height as stock. No idea why they don’t document that (or even make it the default). I love mine, and that’s how I mount them.
How exactly do the CMMs mount to the grab bar? I'm considering these but interested in how they mount. Thanks!

a23persaud

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How exactly do the CMMs mount to the grab bar? I'm considering these but interested in how they mount. Thanks!
Kikbax off-road with foot pegs are the move. Can even get 10% off if you email and say you’re a forum member

don’t shake not even 1mm while driving 80mph

378208C9-EEAC-4348-8944-C9DA201A274A.jpeg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
The little plastic trim pieces on the handles just unscrew. CMM mounting hardware (you can order with or without a ball mount) occupies that space. It a very slick solution, and looks factory. Three years later I’m still super happy with my purchase.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
CMM are the nicest I've seen. Install is super easy and they don't budge at highway speeds. As pointed out in another post you can mount them up high like mine or lower close the stock position.

CMM.jpg
Sponsored