Doorless Mirrors?

Bejer

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Sport Firecracker Red
I placed my order for the CMM Ball Mount Delete today and used WK15 for the 15% discount. Hopefully they arrive soon since the Top Lift Pro will be here this week.
I ordered a set last week, at that time it said they were two weeks out. Hope it’s a little sooner, the wife is wanting me to get them before I go doorless again!
Sponsored

Ghost Silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Interesting. I still have my “first try” mirrors too. Can you please tell me about the female RAM ball mounts that attach to the back of your mirrors? What parts did you need and how’d you know they would fit the mirror?
I know this thread is over a year old, but I just found it looking for a mirror solution. I liked
98intrigues solution as I have close to the same" first try" mirrors. I took the nut off the back of one up to the hardware store to try on screws until I found the proper one, and found it to be a M6 thread, I then bought M6 threaded female RAM balls for $7.99 a pc.

Thanks go out to Moto_21 for sending me to Double Take where I bought the arms and Jeep ball kit, and 98intrigue for saving me the cost of new mirrors!

Last edited:

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Here's mine and I love it
3G Universal 5" Chrome Convex Golf Cart Mirror fits Club Car, EZGO,Yamaha https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KRM2S9W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hbNkDbRBB8064
Just wanted to say thanks for this suggestion. Considering how often I’d be doorless I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on mirrors. I went this route a couple of months ago but finally getting time to go doorless . I’m actually quite happy with the setup. Drive side mirror is on the cowl bolt and the passenger side mirror is on the lower hinge mount. Works for me at $28.

Jeep Wrangler JL Doorless Mirrors? A3AA604F-8F7E-4520-AD10-D7EEDCC2642B

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
Just wanted to say thanks for this suggestion. Considering how often I’d be doorless I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on mirrors. I went this route a couple of months ago but finally getting time to go doorless . I’m actually quite happy with the setup. Drive side mirror is on the cowl bolt and the passenger side mirror is on the lower hinge mount. Works for me at $28.

the link has it being chrome, yours look black. Am I seeing yours correctly?

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Yes. They’re chrome. I actually wanted to paint mine black but now that they’re on it’s not a big deal to me. It’s a subtle amount of chrome that goes with my polished wheels.

JLUSDIEM

First Name
Diem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBICON 4xe
Yes. They’re chrome. I actually wanted to paint mine black but now that they’re on it’s not a big deal to me. It’s a subtle amount of chrome that goes with my polished wheels.
Thank you sir

Teamjlred

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lifted 2.0LTurbo Sahara JL Wrangler Unlimited
I had intended to do the typical side mounted ball for the Doubletake Adventure mirror.
I was rummaging through my RAM parts and remembered I had a clamp that I had bought for mounting a GPS on rental or demo bikes.

It works perfectly to clamp to the grab handle.
Its higher than the side ball mount and I think provided a better view.
In fact I am really impressed with the field of vision of this mirror, it does not seem like a lessor option compared to the regular ones.

I also fear the mirror getting stolen so I remove it when I go to places like walmart.
This set up "holds" the position so taking on & off with just the clamp does not require realigning the mirror.
I like that I can also adjust the mirror from my normal seated position if needed.

Late to an older thread but been Searching for a doors off mirror option and came across this and think this is a great idea and setup. looks clean, secure and at a much better view angle then all the other options I’ve seen. I saw the other answer to your post for the tough claw but Can you tell me what size ram arm you are using 2”-3”-6” ?
Also do you have the same setup and ram size on the passenger side ?

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Sport S, 2021 Gladiator 80th
Late to an older thread but been Searching for a doors off mirror option and came across this and think this is a great idea and setup. looks clean, secure and at a much better view angle then all the other options I’ve seen. I saw the other answer to your post for the tough claw but Can you tell me what size ram arm you are using 2”-3”-6” ?
Also do you have the same setup and ram size on the passenger side ?
It is a 3" arm (socket to socket).
I don't have one for the passenger side.
I just use the one.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
This question is for those running the Motor City mirrors. I’m concerned the washer and jam nut may scrape away some paint on the windshield hinge from multiple installing and removing the mirrors. Anyone experience this?

Sponsored

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
This question is for those running the Motor City mirrors. I’m concerned the washer and jam nut may scrape away some paint on the windshield hinge from multiple installing and removing the mirrors. Anyone experience this?
We have yet to hear a complaint about paint chipping. We've been using them for a couple years now and no issues (knock on wood).

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The motor City Mirrors are way over priced the quality is marginal. Do not support these greed based companies. Reasonable Profit is one thing this is absurd. There are way better options like the Double take mirrors. for 1/2 the cost and 5 times the quality

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
It is a 3" arm (socket to socket).
I don't have one for the passenger side.
I just use the one.
Do you happen to have a link to the exact model?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The motor City Mirrors are way over priced the quality is marginal. Do not support these greed based companies. Reasonable Profit is one thing this is absurd. There are way better options like the Double take mirrors. for 1/2 the cost and 5 times the quality
Yeah the motor city mirrors are absolute garbage. I bought them and I am trying to get rid of them asap. Complete waste of money. The quality is terrible, not only that but mine which came straight from the manufacturer are missing one screw and the adaptors that connect to the windshield are crossthreaded. Absolute garbage.
Sponsored