Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
We are working on this for our site. Our lead times are generated by the system for all orders over the last 30 days. once we find specific info we go in and manually change it.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
We are working on this for our site. Our lead times are generated by the system for all orders over the last 30 days. once we find specific info we go in and manually change it.
Darn, I had high hopes that I would get the mirrors before August 10th for toledo jeep fest. Ugh...

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I was about to cancel my quadratec order and reorder but I guess there’s no point.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Any updates on mirrors? The door hinge ones seem to be the easiest and cheapest, but everyone says they vibrate and whistle. My buddy is a Jeep engineer and recommends the ones that screw into the windshield hinges but not sure I want to mess with that. The coyote ones seem to be the way to go but are the most money and I’m not a huge fan of the circular look. Perhaps the Harley mirrors are a good option but heard they’re too small? After riding around today with little bicycle mirrors I need an upgrade!!!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Any updates on mirrors? The door hinge ones seem to be the easiest and cheapest, but everyone says they vibrate and whistle. My buddy is a Jeep engineer and recommends the ones that screw into the windshield hinges but not sure I want to mess with that. The coyote ones seem to be the way to go but are the most money and I’m not a huge fan of the circular look. Perhaps the Harley mirrors are a good option but heard they’re too small? After riding around today with little bicycle mirrors I need an upgrade!!!
The windshield ones (rugged ridge) look the best, IMO. I ordered them in June and the estimated ship date has changed every week... currently 2nd week of October. If you look at the manual, installation is dead simple. No more to “mess” with than the Coyotes, which are also backordered. I don’t like that black mounting block that would stay affixed with those Coyotes.

Then there’s the CMM offering. Waaaaaay too expensive, seem too small, mounted too high, and don’t come out far enough.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
The windshield ones (rugged ridge) look the best, IMO. I ordered them in June and the estimated ship date has changed every week... currently 2nd week of October. If you look at the manual, installation is dead simple. No more to “mess” with than the Coyotes, which are also backordered. I don’t like that black mounting block that would stay affixed with those Coyotes.

Then there’s the CMM offering. Waaaaaay too expensive, seem too small, mounted too high, and don’t come out far enough.
Yeah I ended up getting a cheap pair of door hinge ones for now, will see when those others come back in stock somewhere

E351C6FF-60B2-4447-B52F-7E304FC51458.jpeg

1432692B-B226-47D3-A7D1-75D442702996.jpeg

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been trying to decide if I want to spend $100+ on a really nice set of mirrors or $50 on an ok set. I have been looking at the hinge mount mirrors but I’ve read/heard that they tend to shake loose and move a lot.

1) are the hinge mount mirrors really that bad?

2) I have a great (we’ll i think it’s great) idea on how to prevent them from moving as much. It occurs to me that you could add a bar going from the stem of the mirror to the door check bolt. I realize it’s an extra bolt, but if you take the doors off, you’ll be removing that bolt anyway.

Thoughts?

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I’ve been trying to decide if I want to spend $100+ on a really nice set of mirrors or $50 on an ok set. I have been looking at the hinge mount mirrors but I’ve read/heard that they tend to shake loose and move a lot.

1) are the hinge mount mirrors really that bad?

2) I have a great (we’ll i think it’s great) idea on how to prevent them from moving as much. It occurs to me that you could add a bar going from the stem of the mirror to the door check bolt. I realize it’s an extra bolt, but if you take the doors off, you’ll be removing that bolt anyway.

Thoughts?
I just bought some this week, they are not that bad. The expensive mirrors were out of stock, so I got some from Amazon for $35. They are hinge mount, but have two support bars instead of just one. There are no vibrations, whistles, or slippage yet. There are three screws to adjust the ball joint for mirror positioning. I feel the will last until expensive mirrors are in stock an the prices come down.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@WranglerAz, thanks for the info! I really like the look of the hinge mount mirrors...I just don’t like wasting money. Lol!

Sponsored

bru22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gbpro.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2016 Audi Q5, 2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Occupation
Principal & Creative Director
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all are wasting your time and money with these quadtratec mirror's... Get the "Harley" mirrors from Amazon... They work killer, look killer, and aren't 99 effing dollars. And if you hate them, you can return them because Amazon is cool like that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JMTIG2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
$26.99 + Tax

Zkaliman

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 sport JL manual basic, 15 BMW X5, 15 MB E250
Y'all are wasting your time and money with these quadtratec mirror's... Get the "Harley" mirrors from Amazon... They work killer, look killer, and aren't 99 effing dollars. And if you hate them, you can return them because Amazon is cool like that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JMTIG2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
$26.99 + Tax
SILLY QUESTION - do they fit the 2018 jl without modifications or what modifications would you recomend to fit ? Cheers

bru22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gbpro.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2016 Audi Q5, 2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Occupation
Principal & Creative Director
Vehicle Showcase
SILLY QUESTION - do they fit the 2018 jl without modifications or what modifications would you recomend to fit ? Cheers
I made zero modifications. The stem is a little shorter than you’d ideally have - just make sure you get the nuts nice and tight. Mine didn’t loosen up at all.

GoGators353

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Really hope Rugged Ridge finally comes through and ships the windshield mounts on the 9th, tired of waiting. With fall coming in South Florida, I have no intentions to keep doors on so I need them.