TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you don't drive during rush hour when if you don't make a move you will never turn. Or maybe your area is not as congested as mine during certain hours.
Maybe... and that's a valid point. But Los Angeles isn't exactly known for lack of traffic nor for their courteous drivers either so I kinda get it. That being said, being familiar with your vehicle and how to drive it in traffic is part and parcel of the process. To say one forgot is a poor excuse... I'm always aware of what my jeep is doing even when stopped. If I'm making a tight turn I have the option of lifting pressure of the brake or manually disengaging the ESS. Plus there are a wide variety of methods to permanently disable ESS. If you don't like or can't live with ESS, that's a problem with so many simple solutions I can't believe the amount of angst and heartache that exists over it.
Sponsored

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe... and that's a valid point. But Los Angeles isn't exactly known for lack of traffic nor for their courteous drivers either so I kinda get it. That being said, being familiar with your vehicle and how to drive it in traffic is part and parcel of the process. To say one forgot is a poor excuse... I'm always aware of what my jeep is doing even when stopped. If I'm making a tight turn I have the option of lifting pressure of the brake or manually disengaging the ESS. Plus there are a wide variety of methods to permanently disable ESS. If you don't like or can't live with ESS, that's a problem with so many simple solutions I can't believe the amount of angst and heartache that exists over it.

You're absolutely right. Also, NYC is where I fight the ESS.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I leave it on and typically don't notice it. But I haven't really been stuck in traffic yet. Once winter hits here it may be a different story. Usually there are accidents that make traffic crawl a lot, so that may change my mind.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
ESS is like going to the gym. I don't particularly like working out (ESS), I like what it does (keep me healthy/save a little gas.)

Like ESS, we'll see if I'm as good about working (out) five years from now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
October 22, 2018 folks. That was the last post on this thread before last Wednesday. Because everything that needs to be said on ESS has been said.

Sponsored

Quest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Generally not a fan during my daily drive time. However, I hunt a lot and when I am scouting stopping to glass an area the auto stop is handy. Otherwise I would turn it off to eliminate the motion. Surprised me but I do have a use for it, would prefer it off by default. Ya I know get a real problem

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
For it to default to off Jeep would have to rate them that way for EPA. That's why it's default on, along with basically every other stop start system out there. Squeezing every last mpg out for the sticker.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont mind it at all and i've gotten used to it.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
If I know I'll be sitting at a light for 1-2+ minutes, I don't mind it. In stop-start traffic I shut it off.

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
Wife hates start-stop but I could care less.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I don't really notice it.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I swear the children of Israel probably did less wailing and gnashing of teeth while wandering around that desert for 40 yrs than you ninnies.

Just hit the button.
Your post made me laugh out loud. Thank you.
Sponsored