Sponsored

Does anyone actually like start-stop

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Does it keep me up at night knowing it is there? No. I have learned just to press the button after I start it.

It does bother me that it added pointless weight and cost to my vehicle. If I thought it would be beneficial to me or the trees and wanted it, I would have checked the option box.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I would not go as far as to say I like it. But it doesn’t bother me either.

It did bother me to no end during my numerous test drives. To the point that I wouldn’t even buy a JL. But I have grown accustomed to it. In part because I can barely hear the motor; in part because I have driven the Jeep 3,000 miles in six months..

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Does it keep me up at night knowing it is there? No. I have learned just to press the button after I start it.

It does bother me that it added pointless weight and cost to my vehicle. If I thought it would be beneficial to me or the trees and wanted it, I would have checked the option box.
Spot-on!

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I tried to like it, but don't. Turn it off every time. Here are my issues with it.

-on hot days when it turns off you can feel the humidity increase with the ac on
-it's super annoying when you keep hitting a red light for only a second several times in a row
-when I park in my driveway it turns off before I can get into 'P' where it turns back on only to turn back off when I press start/stop button
-my brain sometimes thinks the car is off and without me thinking about it, I press the start/stop button which gives me an error and makes me shift to 'P' then back to drive to get moving, I've done this several times now stopped in a parking space
-in a drive through I've come to the pay window and engine turns off, some time later the worker shows up, my brain (see pattern here) thinks Jeep is off and in park so I take foot off brake to get wallet and SURPRISE!!!

I think the problem is mostly me getting used to it. No engine noise has programmed me to mean car off in park. I constantly find myself reaching for that start/stop button by instinct and as above can be dangerous in certain scenarios.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
I tried to like it, but don't. Turn it off every time. Here are my issues with it.

-on hot days when it turns off you can feel the humidity increase with the ac on
-it's super annoying when you keep hitting a red light for only a second several times in a row
-when I park in my driveway it turns off before I can get into 'P' where it turns back on only to turn back off when I press start/stop button
-my brain sometimes thinks the car is off and without me thinking about it, I press the start/stop button which gives me an error and makes me shift to 'P' then back to drive to get moving, I've done this several times now stopped in a parking space
-in a drive through I've come to the pay window and engine turns off, some time later the worker shows up, my brain (see pattern here) thinks Jeep is off and in park so I take foot off brake to get wallet and SURPRISE!!!

I think the problem is mostly me getting used to it. No engine noise has programmed me to mean car off in park. I constantly find myself reaching for that start/stop button by instinct and as above can be dangerous in certain scenarios.
I have had the exact same experience with ESS on my GC so it's not just you. :)

Sponsored

Jeep 2024

First Name
Bob Bitchen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Rubicon - 1990 YJ
Stupid idea.. I just hope the people that designed it someday have to replace the worn out starter..

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I deleted it after the second aux battery failed. I never used it and had a Tazer.
Sponsored