Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Like many others here, I removed everything but the Jeep pretty quickly after getting it home. Only decal I've added was the name on the hood (and my BoH badges, not sure if those count).

I've always hated how some vehicles have the manufacturer name plastered across them in many places. So stupid, especially since most of those are pretty iconic vehicles that you couldn't NOT know was from that manufacturer.

Abara

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 2dr Rubi 6sp; 05 Boxster
I liked the badging, but hated how the red rubicon accents make my sarge green Jeep look like a christmas decoration. I swapped all the red accent parts and badges for 392 bronze. Getting all the glue off without an eraser wheel was an enormous PITA.

IMG_1047.jpeg

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I want to remove all the decals, but I am mostly too lazy. All I have managed so far was to remove the "IC" from "RUBICON".

The front fork on my mountain bike is more expensive than most peoples complete bicycle (Ohlins), and I debadged that as well.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I donā€™t usually ask opinions but this minor cosmetic emblem thing is something I need another point of view on. See pic below.

So Iā€™ve got a 19 Sahara. The emblems and the Wrangler decal have always annoyed me, not individually, but all three donā€™t match from the factory.

The Sahara emblem is a satin kinda silver, the JEEP is chrome, and the Wrangler Unlimited is both a sticker and it has black lettering.

Iā€™d like to leave at least one emblem. Iā€™ve considered plasti dipping the Sahara and Jeep emblems. I also thought about leaving only the Wrangler Unlimited because it would at least match my red and black colors the most.

Thoughts?

Thanks

IMG_7507.jpeg
I went for the simple look on mine and have been very happy with it. It included changing the badge color on mine to gloss black using OEM parts new from eBay since that is what I wanted.

It's yours, do with it what you want, that is the best thing about Jeeps, it's normal.

Besides, if you hate it you can always add them back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging 1682448003468

Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging 1682448041143

Sponsored

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I want to remove all the decals, but I am mostly too lazy. All I have managed so far was to remove the "IC" from "RUBICON".

The front fork on my mountain bike is more expensive than most peoples complete bicycle (Ohlins), and I debadged that as well.
While getting my wifes ten year old bike fixed I was browsing the bike shop and asked the gentleman the price of a model. He said Nine.... I ASSumed he meant nine hundred......šŸ˜³

DrummerDudeNJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 4 door
I like the emblems on my Sahara, but changed them up a bit. Got some overlays from TuffSkinz, replaced the silver Wrangler Unlimited decal with a black ā€œUnlimited ā€œ and swapped to a gloss black OEM Sahara emblem I found on eBay. Also changed the silver Trail Rated to a gloss black/satin black version. IMO it blends better and didnā€™t need it to say Wrangler in two places since I added a hood decal.

https://www.tufskinz.com/products/g...jeep-wrangler-jl?_pos=14&_sid=91dcf1bd7&_ss=r

Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging 94C772B5-816B-472C-9F33-DC5FBB0165B1
Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging D00BD39F-3E3F-4797-9AFF-6F42F8DB5186
Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging 2B3D56C1-BC68-4F0B-A6D8-FA111B75D8E7
Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging D00BD39F-3E3F-4797-9AFF-6F42F8DB5186
Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging 2B3D56C1-BC68-4F0B-A6D8-FA111B75D8E7

Sponsored

bllprk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WK CRD
I fully de-badged. I waited till 60,000 miles. Too long. In sunlight, you can see where the Jeep badge used to be.

IMG_5577.JPEG

LastMango

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon (replaced 2018 JLU Sport S)
Thoughts?

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Debating debadging Unknown-2

Do whatcha wannaā€”that's the beauty of it all.

I bought a sarge green Rubi last year & debadged the whole thingā€”mainly to get the red trimmed accents off of the olive green "canvas". I pulled off the Rubi stickers on the hood & replaced the red dash with a black one. It's very clean, and I doubt there's a sole on Earth that doesn't know it's a Jeep. Not that I care what anyone else thinks I drive. I'm happy.

There was one guy who told me I was a "dumbass" for taking off the "stuff that ID's it as a Rubicon" because my "resale value" would suffer, and I should "show my pride". I saw his Jeep. Trust meā€”his resale value is gonna be way worse.

I'm not for or against either. I debadged for me. I like the clean look. It's still 100% Wranglerā€”even if it doesn't say so.

Omen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys 2.0
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Manager
There was one guy who told me I was a "dumbass" for taking off the "stuff that ID's it as a Rubicon" because my "resale value" would suffer, and I should "show my pride". I saw his Jeep. Trust meā€”his resale value is gonna be way worse.
I have one of those around me, too. He got his Rubi 'cause it's "boss" and all his friends think he's cooler than Jesus. It's hard not to snicker when I see him/his JLUR on factory rubber with the Mopar 2". I suppose he will never have full stuff clearance issues...
We all have projects in various states of evolution and I appreciate that, but this guy's attitude... Must be some rosy shite coming out of this guy. I've tried to get him out on the trails, but nope. Apparently he doesn't want to spend all that time cleaning his Jones's keeper-upper.

I really do try to be cool with everyone, but some folks make that so damn difficult.

Omen

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
Debadge
Sponsored