Sponsored

Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

Crownline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
That's my fear is they have ghosted me. I've emailed the service tech this morning and nothing. Going to give it a day or two and then go higher up. I know I read it could take a couple weeks...but we're going on nine weeks now! UGH!

See @JeepCares, this is why there should be some kind of system to make sure dealers are doing what they're supposed to. I have nothing showing a claim was submitted. We go on their word and wait months (or years) and find out nothing was submitted??!! How is this right? Heck, peeling paint shouldn't even be an issue, No. 1!!!
Sponsored

cleroks

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1987 Comanche I6
Occupation
Retired
Wow, this thread has been going on for a couple years now. Just wanted to add my 2019 JLUR is in the shop now having 10 hinges (all but the tailgate) repainted under warranty due to the paint blistering issue. I hate driving this rental ...

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
What did you trade towards ?
I traded toward a 21' Jeep Gladiator Willys.
I gave Jeep another chance, but looks like they're starting to popup with corrosion.

Will be my last Jeep if I get corrosion a second time.
Especially knowing I won't get any support from dealerships.

I already replaced a leaking axle through warranty on my Gladiator at 5k miles. The Jeep Cherokee loaner stalled on me 5x while I had it. I made it back to Enterprise and it died on their lot when I pulled in. Laid it to rest at it's final resting place with 40k miles. lol

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I gave Jeep another chance, but looks like they're starting to popup with corrosion.

I already replaced a leaking axle through warranty on my Gladiator at 5k miles. The Jeep Cherokee loaner stalled on me 5x while I had it. I made it back to Enterprise and it died on their lot when I pulled in. Laid it to rest at it's final resting place with 40k miles. lol
Dang dude, that's like a Jeep horror story right there. Someone really doesn't want you buying their vehicles! 🥲

Crownline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler

Did you ever get JeepCares involved?

Just sucks this is happening to everyone!

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Dang dude, that's like a Jeep horror story right there. Someone really doesn't want you buying their vehicles! 🥲
Worst of all. Those 5k miles were all highway. I didn't hit dirt even once.
I drove 6hrs+ round trip to buy it and two other high mileage trips.

The axle was defective from the factory. It's a huge issue over on the JT Forum with people waiting months for replacements. It's been going on for almost a year for 2021 Models. Someone reported an entire axle, tubes, diff, etc... Mine leaked so bad I would consider it a drain.

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Did you ever get JeepCares involved?

Just sucks this is happening to everyone!
No. I didn't bother.

Between worrying about my Clutch / Flywheel exploding, the paint destroying itself, recalls, and the terrible manual trans diff ratio.

I had such a bad experience with my Wrangler.
I knew "long term" it was going to be a corroded money pit.

Such a shame. By far the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I wanted to keep it.
But not worth the stress, headache, and money I would spend on it. (Long term)
Along with the terrible support from dealerships.

jake912

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JL
We have 2 JLs mine is a 2019 sting gray and my girls is a 2020 bikini pearl, I have a spot in the edge of my hood that’s bubbling, dealership took pics and they said that they will probably replace my hood under warranty. My girls corrosion is about 2” long in the passenger rear door they also took pics and I’m waiting to hear back to see if it’s covered under warranty. Dealership also said it’s dealerships discretion to repair hers since we didn’t purchase tje Jeep their, sooo if that’s the case JEEP WAVE wil be getting a call from us!

Crownline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
We have 2 JLs mine is a 2019 sting gray and my girls is a 2020 bikini pearl, I have a spot in the edge of my hood that’s bubbling, dealership took pics and they said that they will probably replace my hood under warranty. My girls corrosion is about 2” long in the passenger rear door they also took pics and I’m waiting to hear back to see if it’s covered under warranty. Dealership also said it’s dealerships discretion to repair hers since we didn’t purchase tje Jeep their, sooo if that’s the case JEEP WAVE wil be getting a call from us!
Someone else said they stopped replacing panels about eight months ago, but Idk how true that is.

Their comment about it has to be where you bought it is BS. It's warranty work... you can do it at any Jeep dealer. I'd for sure get @JeepCares involved.

Bluepencil99

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Audi A3, 19 JLUR
Occupation
Exercise Therapist/Martial Artist
Mine is currently in for paint a second time in over a year. I am dealing with the same rep from Stellantis, because she is awesome.
The dealers and body shops though…Holy ?!$&…
I hope this work out, but I suspect it will be back again. Mine is a 2019 Mojito Rubicon with just over 27000…so still under warranty…once that’s over…one bubble and it’s gone.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Mine is currently in for paint a second time in over a year. I am dealing with the same rep from Stellantis, because she is awesome.
The dealers and body shops though…Holy ?!$&…
I hope this work out, but I suspect it will be back again. Mine is a 2019 Mojito Rubicon with just over 27000…so still under warranty…once that’s over…one bubble and it’s gone.
How long after you purchased it new did the blistering start to begin with ?

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Their comment about it has to be where you bought it is BS. It's warranty work... you can do it at any Jeep dealer. I'd for sure get @JeepCares involved.
Exactly, the warranty is valid at any CDJR dealer. Next time ask them to point out in your warranty booklet where it states that clause.