UtahDirt

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punk'n Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my 18 Wrangler from the second round of corrosion repairs. Last year left side doors hinges and paint. This time Hood hinges, Tailgate hinges, right side door hinges and paint. Impressed both times how the dealer was able to match the Mojito. Just waiting for the right deal to unload, have 6 months left on 3 year warranty. Didn't know the problem is on newer models now, JeepCares and dealer kept saying 18's only. Broncos look like cartoons to me, decisions decisions
Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I've been waiting to get my Jeep repainted since last spring, started the process in the fall of 2020. Pictures were taken, submitted and approved. Every month I keep getting pushed out by the body shop. Last week my dealer calls me and says that Stellantis is refusing to pay out for any paint work effective immediately and that my claim is on hold. Jeep Cares did their monthly check in call with me on Monday and seemed pretty confused when I explained the situation and had no information for me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Nology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I've been waiting to get my Jeep repainted since last spring, started the process in the fall of 2020. Pictures were taken, submitted and approved. Every month I keep getting pushed out by the body shop. Last week my dealer calls me and says that Stellantis is refusing to pay out for any paint work effective immediately and that my claim is on hold. Jeep Cares did their monthly check in call with me on Monday and seemed pretty confused when I explained the situation and had no information for me. Has this happened to anyone else?
My friend has a 2018 and the same issue. The body shop said the doors were too far gone and needed to be replaced instead of repaired. After going back and forth with Chrysler for months he just gave up and accepted the problems.

My doors got so bad in the second year of ownership that the paint was actually beginning to chip off around the edges of the doors. I finally got the dealership to approve the repair under warranty sometime around May of last year. That ended up being forgotten by the dealership and body shop so I gave up and sold it with only 25k miles.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Just picked up my 18 Wrangler from the second round of corrosion repairs. Last year left side doors hinges and paint. This time Hood hinges, Tailgate hinges, right side door hinges and paint. Impressed both times how the dealer was able to match the Mojito. Just waiting for the right deal to unload, have 6 months left on 3 year warranty. Didn't know the problem is on newer models now, JeepCares and dealer kept saying 18's only. Broncos look like cartoons to me, decisions decisions
I have a 2019 Mojito! too and had bubble in paint on both right side door hinges and leading edge of the hood. So it's beyond a single year. The main problem is no paint between the door and hinges. The other problem is contamination on the aluminum before paint is applied.

If this issue can't be stopped on my Jeep someone else will be owning it in the near future.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my hood, and have had some trouble getting the dealership to submit it. I took the jeep to them on Dec6, and they just told me on Jan5 that the 'DI' was jut submitted. They did give me the jeep back on Dec16, but I almost rather they have kept it with me in the loaner so they would have an incentive to actually address this. I expect by next wednesday i can schedule my repair, based on the timeline the dealer presented

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Obviously Jeep is well aware of this issue for quite some time now.

Anyone hear anything that would indicate they have made manufacturing changes to eliminate the issue?

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
My friend has a 2018 and the same issue. The body shop said the doors were too far gone and needed to be replaced instead of repaired. After going back and forth with Chrysler for months he just gave up and accepted the problems.

My doors got so bad in the second year of ownership that the paint was actually beginning to chip off around the edges of the doors. I finally got the dealership to approve the repair under warranty sometime around May of last year. That ended up being forgotten by the dealership and body shop so I gave up and sold it with only 25k miles.
This issue is reinforcing my inclination to Monsta or Raptor line the whole thing.

Dallas23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@JeepCares
Forgive me for not being able to make it through all 119 pages on this thread. I just noticed the same issue on my Rubicon under (around) the hood decals. The dealership is stating that since I am outside of my standard 36k mile warranty there is nothing that can be done (at time of inspection I was at 40K...lovely). Is this true? As many before me have already stated, this appears to be turning into quite a consistent problem across all owners. I live in the Dallas, TX area. Vehicle has not taken off-road. Garage kept. Any recommendations already shared?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges IMG_5031
@JeepCares

IMG_5032.jpg

Dallas23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@JeepCares
Forgive me for not being able to make it through all 119 pages on this thread. I just noticed the same issue on my Rubicon under (around) the hood decals. The dealership is stating that since I am outside of my standard 36k mile warranty there is nothing that can be done (at time of inspection I was at 40K...lovely). Is this true? As many before me have already stated, this appears to be turning into quite a consistent problem across all owners. I live in the Dallas, TX area. Vehicle has not taken off-road. Garage kept. Any recommendations already shared?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges IMG_5032
@JeepCares

These just recently began to appear / concerned it will continue to spread.

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Haven't read the warranty but had thought corrosion was 5 years/100,000 miles, as we took my wife's 2015 JK in for hinges in 2019, also years ago took in my 2001 Ram at 99,950 miles in 2006 and got new doors back then.

Regards,
Jim

Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
These just recently began to appear / concerned it will continue to spread.
it'll def continue, but there's nothing you could've done to prevent that. that's from poor prep work when they painted it - something contaminated the surface. you should be covered under corrosion even though youre out of your 36k bumper to bumper, corrosion warranty is separate.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
@JeepCares

@JeepCares

Its covered under the 5/60 warranty

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Technically it's not:

2.2 Corrosion Warranty
A. Description of Coverage
This warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair or replace any sheet metal​
panels that get holes from rust or other corrosion.​

but Jeep has been good about addressing this.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Hi,

Haven't read the warranty but had thought corrosion was 5 years/100,000 miles, as we took my wife's 2015 JK in for hinges in 2019, also years ago took in my 2001 Ram at 99,950 miles in 2006 and got new doors back then.

Regards,
Jim
It's 5 years but no mileage limit. Whether they will agree to the repair if is only surface corrosion and does not have holes is another detail but from what I've read they have mostly agreed to fix it even if it's just surface bubbles.

C.How Long It Lasts
The Corrosion Warranty starts when your Basic Limited Warranty begins under “section 2.1 E”.
This warranty has two time-and-mileage limits:
•For sheet metal panels, the limit is three years, with no mileage limit.
•For an outer-body sheet metal panel, one that is finish-painted and that someone can see when walking around the vehicle, the limit is five years, with no mileage limit.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. I got to post #555 and had to stop.

I've owned 8 different Jeep products over the years. I currently drive a '19 WK2 that I love. My last Wrangler was a '95 YJ (yeah, I had one of them). Sold it for an XJ which I had a couple of. Also had a couple of old CJ5's. I've always loved my Jeeps.

My YJ couldn't keep paint on the hinges at all - they would corrode something terrible which drove me nuts, because like most of you, I took meticulous care of it. Doors were metal though, so I didn't have any rust issues on them.

I bring this all up because my SO has been wanting a Wrangler, and I found a nice used 2020 Mojito! JLU that I'm going to travel 3 hours to look at. Now, after this thread and everyone's problems, I'm scared of what I might be getting into and wondering if I'm making a mistake...
Sponsored