Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
This last Saturday there were a number of Broncos in various configurations at the dunes. They seem to easily navigate Silver Lake (as the Wrangler does). I am not a fan of the box body look nor the plastic/gimmicky interior. Jeep Wrangler definitely has the more mature interior components and feel. Was seriously thinking Bronco because of the initial promo video, but glad I decided "Jeep".
Sponsored

Socal.2fast

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep,2021 Shelby GT500
Been trying to see about a New Jeep or Bronco. I'm told the Bronco drives much nice on the road.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Been trying to see about a New Jeep or Bronco. I'm told the Bronco drives much nice on the road.
Good luck trying to find a Bronco to see if it does drive nicely... They're either sold right off the truck to dealer employees or are pre-orders.

Socal.2fast

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep,2021 Shelby GT500
THe 2 dealers near me about 5 or 6 on the lot each. I think that market is getting much softer.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
THe 2 dealers near me about 5 or 6 on the lot each. I think that market is getting much softer.
If they're available to test drive I'd check one out. There should be plenty of Jeeps on the lot for test driving too.

Are you planning on this being a daily driver and never going off road?

Sponsored

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
When the Bronco hype started my local dealer put up a huge "Bronco Headquarters" sign. They have never, not once, in over a year, had a Bronco on the lot.

I can test drive a Mitsubishi Outlander any day of the week even though they only sell 7 a year. Didn't Ford invent mass production?

Socal2fast

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt500
If they're available to test drive I'd check one out. There should be plenty of Jeeps on the lot for test driving too.

Are you planning on this being a daily driver and never going off road?
It will be a daily drive with off road time to time.

also in the Jeep line I would possibly look at the Rubicon 4xe

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It will be a daily drive with off road time to time.

also in the Jeep line I would possibly look at the Rubicon 4xe
That 4Xe would be pretty good for around town daily driving.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
I rented a Bronco last week on Turo .
first impression it’s big … very big … super massive .
sexond impression it’s definitely Ford signature . Not bad but cheap in the quality materials .
We drove from salt lake to Wendover and good point is : yes a turbo on the V6 helps to wake up the beast . The pentastar will be amazing with a twin turbo like that .
Consumption wasn’t that bad . Salt lake - Wendover + speed on bonneville salt flats - salt lake with a full tank .
my conclusion about this trip is : yes it’s not that bad but it’s not yet at the Jeep’s level .

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Friend of a friend writes for the magazines. He got a Bronco on loan for a week, which he spent exploring the desert southwest.

Came back saying "nope, not good." Now, he's a Land Cruiser guy, but he has owned Jeeps and likes them well enough. The Bronco straight left him cold.

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
To be perfectly complete here’s my pros and cons about the bronco .
Pro:
Extérieur look ( i had a first edition with 35) this thing looks like a tank
v6 turbo . It’s a big plus and definitely what’s missing on the pentastar
Big screen ( for those who like )
Cons:
Fenders ( what an ugly thing Wrangler +1)
Materials . Really rough plastics
Dashboard .. ugly no other words looks like a transit
Roof panels ( too fragile)
Handbar wrangler +1 A pillar is way more smart than dashboard
Seats looks like a bus bench ( but good settings and looooot of amplitude)

audio from bang&olufsen …. Disent seems better than the alpine

I didn’t try off-road except speeding on bonneville racetrack

since I’m here in the US I rented
Camaro Ss Convertible
Bronco
Wrangler Unlimited 2.0
Wrangler Unlimited 392
Tesla model 3 ( damn those Duracell toys works very well )
And since today
Wrangler unlimited 4XE

so far my biggest impression was from the small 2.0 . Powerful Torquy and definitely fuel efficient
I won’t judge the 392 because this beast is just the pinnacle and even if he was full of flaws I would still buy one 😂😂😂😂
Can’t wait to see how works the 4XE

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Friend of a friend writes for the magazines. He got a Bronco on loan for a week, which he spent exploring the desert southwest.

Came back saying "nope, not good." Now, he's a Land Cruiser guy, but he has owned Jeeps and likes them well enough. The Bronco straight left him cold.
Land Cruiser is the antithesis of Bronco in every way, including quality of materials, fit-and-finish, feeling of solidity and overall quality look-and-feel.

Bronco overridingly places style over function; like a disposable toy.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Years ago when I owned a Challenger SRT, I test drove Mustang numerous times. I particularly loved the looks of the 2013-2014 GT. But cheap materials, terrible fit and finish, a gaudy interior, gave Mustang a chintzy look and overall feel that was several notches below my Challenger’s.

You could lose a small child between some of Mustang’s body panel gaps! Every time I walked away in disgust.

Bronco reminds me a lot of those Mustangs.

PS - Mustang used to totally dominate that segment. Over time, though, Challenger sales have been eating away at Mustang’s. In fact, Challenger has been outselling Mustang in recent quarters.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Years ago when I owned a Challenger SRT, I test drove Mustang numerous times. I particularly loved the looks of the 2013-2014 GT. But cheap materials, terrible fit and finish, a gaudy interior, gave Mustang a chintzy look and overall feel that was several notches below my Challenger’s.

You could lose a small child between some of Mustang’s body panel gaps! Every time I walked away in disgust.

Bronco reminds me a lot of those Mustangs.

PS - Mustang used to totally dominate that segment. Over time, though, Challenger sales have been eating away at Mustang’s. In fact, Challenger has been outselling Mustang in recent quarters.
Rented a 2016 mustang gt and a 2016 camaro ss within 2 weeks of each other. Mustang had 20k on the odometer, Camaro had 26k.

The entire interior of the mustang was vibrating like a 1997 tahoe with 150k miles, there was interior bits falling off too. The chassis was just loose AF.

The camaro, had a dented wheel, a cracked wheel, a cracked front bumper, the interior was nearly destroyed from abused, clearly it led an incredibly tough rental life. The car might has well be a solid piece of granite on wheels. No rattles whatsoever.

Also owned a 2011 mustang gt at one time.

Both mustangs were just total garbage with one of the greatest NA v8’s ever made.

btw if nobodies driven the 2016+ camaro, my lord what an incredible car, but it has a truck motor. Ask anybody that owns both, camaro > c7 corvette (vette wins for sense of occasion though)
Sponsored