Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
By the time you get your ordered Jeep the Broncos will be out.

Considering the Bronco has a 95:1 crawl ratio....
I did not know that.

I can’t wait to see what they do with the Warthog. I might end up trading my Raptor for that.
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I did not know that.

I can’t wait to see what they do with the Warthog. I might end up trading my Raptor for that.
They start production in may. Should be out in June early July.
of course that’s with a reservation from July of last year.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
From what I am seeing on the Bronco forum even people with preorders might not be getting their orders until 2022. Something to consider if you are on the fence between JL or Bronco right now.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
From what I am seeing on the Bronco forum even people with preorders might not be getting their orders until 2022. Something to consider if you are on the fence between JL or Bronco right now.
There are some options not available until my 22. But if you want a Bronco with an early reservation in 21 you can order one.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
They start production in may. Should be out in June early July.
of course that’s with a reservation from July of last year.
Yea, I was one of those early reservations but I cancelled. The Warthog won’t be out until 2022 or 2023 at the earliest.

Sponsored

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
I have been a Ford guy since I have been driving.

I was about to buy an F150 but then Rona hit and I decided just to pick up an Old Cherokee for fun because I had gotten hooked on Matt's Off Road Recovery. even though the one I bought turned out to be full of problems, I have discovered how much fun the Jeep/offroad lifestyle. Test driving the JL opened my eyes to even more fun over my Cherokee and I decided that now rather than an F150 to get a new off roader.

I would've bought the Bronco but if I ordered one right now it would be mid 2022 before I got one, per the forums...and a first model year woes vehicle at that.

Main reason just being that I'm scared to death of Chrysler and familiar with Ford. The bronco is new and I'd say more stylish.

I needed a new daily ASAP so I just ordered a JLUR. This will be my adventure into being a Wrangler/Jeep guy with some modern equipment.

I was extremely impressed with the JL playing with and test driving them. Plus I'm really happy about the Jeep community. The Bronco wont have anything close to the Jeep community for some time.

If the JL sucks and has a bunchve problems maybe I'll trade for the Bronco in a year or two....but maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter in my car life of being a Jeep enthusiast!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I got my first look at a new Bronco (not the sport) yesterday at Barrett Jackson and thought it looked better in photographs than in person...That said, I only saw the two 4-door models they had up front (the first production 2-door Bronco was in the back getting prepped to go through the auction block) and I am also in the 2-door Jeep camp...All looking at the new Bronco did was make me love my JLR that much more!
Ford did however do a great job with the roof rack rails that attach to the front windshield frame and run lengthwise towards the rear, look sturdy as hell and offer a great variety of attachments. Jeep really needs to make folding windshields an option for those who really want them...

I also saw the new Raptor and while very disappointed they are only doing 4-door SuperCrews (I have owned and enjoyed three Raptor 2-door SuperCabs) I have to admit they did a better overall styling job on this third generation Raptor SuperCrew than previous models. Everything just seems to flow better with regards to exterior design...A SuperCab would look fantastic! Listening Ford?

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG_2448

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread IMG_2446

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I have been a Ford guy since I have been driving.

I was about to buy an F150 but then Rona hit and I decided just to pick up an Old Cherokee for fun because I had gotten hooked on Matt's Off Road Recovery. even though the one I bought turned out to be full of problems, I have discovered how much fun the Jeep/offroad lifestyle. Test driving the JL opened my eyes to even more fun over my Cherokee and I decided that now rather than an F150 to get a new off roader.

I would've bought the Bronco but if I ordered one right now it would be mid 2022 before I got one, per the forums...and a first model year woes vehicle at that.

Main reason just being that I'm scared to death of Chrysler and familiar with Ford. The bronco is new and I'd say more stylish.

I needed a new daily ASAP so I just ordered a JLUR. This will be my adventure into being a Wrangler/Jeep guy with some modern equipment.

I was extremely impressed with the JL playing with and test driving them. Plus I'm really happy about the Jeep community. The Bronco wont have anything close to the Jeep community for some time.

If the JL sucks and has a bunchve problems maybe I'll trade for the Bronco in a year or two....but maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter in my car life of being a Jeep enthusiast!
I had a 12 2dr rubicon. Loved it, had it for 3 years and 72k miles!
if you’re serious about a bronco order one. It’s only $100 and you’ll be first in line for 23.
I got my first look at a new Bronco (not the sport) yesterday at Barrett Jackson and thought it looked better in photographs than in person...That said, I only saw the two 4-door models they had up front (the first production 2-door Bronco was in the back getting prepped to go through the auction block) and I am also in the 2-door Jeep camp...All looking at the new Bronco did was make me love my JLR that much more!
Ford did however do a great job with the roof rack rails that attach to the front windshield frame and run lengthwise towards the rear, look sturdy as hell and offer a great variety of attachments. Jeep really needs to make folding windshields an option for those who really want them...

I also saw the new Raptor and while very disappointed they are only doing 4-door SuperCrews (I have owned and enjoyed three Raptor 2-door SuperCabs) I have to admit they did a better overall styling job on this third generation Raptor SuperCrew than previous models. Everything just seems to flow better with regards to exterior design...A SuperCab would look fantastic! Listening Ford?

What was the other 4 dr you saw? That’s the bases/base. Would you say the rubicon looks better than the sport JL?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
What was the other 4 dr you saw? That’s the bases/base. Would you say the rubicon looks better than the sport JL?
[/QUOTE]

The other Bronco was gold colored and with the lighting it just washed out, yes an upscale model but still did nothing for me...

I think a JL Sport looks awesome!

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

The other Bronco was gold colored and with the lighting it just washed out, yes an upscale model but still did nothing for me...

[/QUOTE]
Really? You think this looks awesome?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread D8CBDF88-3008-41F0-905F-2B34793AF75A
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 6A8559A7-3D76-447E-8B07-A03E7AF57C95

I got a hell of a deal on my JL, i like the Jeep's styling better!
Not me. Best I could find was $2,500 off a rubicon. Purchased a Tremor for $2k more than a 2dr rubicon stick.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

Really? You think this looks awesome?
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 6A8559A7-3D76-447E-8B07-A03E7AF57C95

Not me. Best I could find was $2,500 off a rubicon. Purchased a Tremor for $2k more than a 2dr rubicon stick.
[/QUOTE]
I hands down love the styling of the 2 door Bronco over the 2 door Wrangler. But the 4 door Bronco looks goofy to me and I think the JLU looks better.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I also think the JLU looks better than the 4-door Bronco, but the 2-door Bronco definitely beats the 2-door JL. They did something weird with the dimensions of the 2-door jeeps this generation and I still can't put my finger on it.

I'm Negan

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl, M4
I'll take this over the top dog Bronco, the JL Sport looks better than the Bronco sport .
You're also getting the original, not a good copy

Tumblr_l_45712044473608.jpg
Sponsored