Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Wife decided she wants a Bronco instead of a Tahoe, so we put a deposit on one yesterday.
I’ll keep my wrangler and I think it’s going to be fun to have both.

Congrats, you are braver than I am. I don't buy brand new models or substantial re-designs until they are out for a few years. Hope it works out
Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Wow ! I just watched the new Videos on YouTube going over all The features....live on the new Bronco’s. IMPRESSIVE.....if imitation is the most sincere form of flattery......then JEEP is the almighty pinnacle that the Bronco is trying to imitate. Unbelievable.. ..the Bronco looks so much like a Jeep..that it is easily mistaken for one when the top and doors are removed. But seriousl....it doesn’t have much that the Jeep didn’t initiate a long time ago. For now only two engines...a small one...and a smaller one. Kudos to them for doing like Jeep and offering a Manual transmission too. Iam looking forward to seeing them in use as both Mall and Rock crawlers. This is going to be cool. Good for the off road adventure community.

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Seems like a poor idea to have a fabric soft top on a firefighting vehicle. I know its a concept but come on, put a white hardtop on it like the FSB in the background.
not sure it is fabric...but that article doesn't specify. looks like the black hard top to me

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to rain on this Ford lovefest, but for anyone looking for the newest and greatest, GM’s just-revealed GMC Hummer is already overshadowing Bronco.

The way things look right now, Bronco has a two-front battle brewing: Jeep loyals on the one side, and flash-and-novelty-seekers ogling over this new Hummer on the other.
1603379834929.jpeg

The good news for Jeepers is that this Hummer should steal some of those buying Rubicons to have it parked at the front valet row. That in itself will likely do more to stabilize Wrangler prices than Bronco.
Not even in the same price range...what is it 80-112k USD!

Not sure how this also doesn't affect Wrangler sales (other than what I said above) but anyway.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not even in the same price range...what is it 80-112k USD!

Not sure how this also doesn't affect Wrangler sales (other than what I said above) but anyway.
$100,000 is the perfect price if all you care is to be seen driving it.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$100,000 is the perfect price if all you care is to be seen driving it.
ya well, who's gonna take their $100,000 hummer off-road anyway??? Isn't it pretty huge?

I must confess, I've always disliked them with a passion. They are not a HUMMER at all, GM just bought the company to use the name. I'd much rather take a 100k and buy a REAL Hummer from 20 years ago.

Granted that old Hummer is far from being electric! lol

Last edited:

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Sorry to rain on this Ford lovefest, but for anyone looking for the newest and greatest, GM’s just-revealed GMC Hummer is already overshadowing Bronco.

The way things look right now, Bronco has a two-front battle brewing: Jeep loyals on the one side, and flash-and-novelty-seekers ogling over this new Hummer on the other.
1603379834929.jpeg

The good news for Jeepers is that this Hummer should steal some of those buying Rubicons to have it parked at the front valet row. That in itself will likely do more to stabilize Wrangler prices than Bronco.
If you think rescuing a stuck Jeep is fun, just wait until your buddy gets a 10,000 hummer with a dead battery stuck in the woods.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)