Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Oh shit. I didn't know that happened. Are Peugeot's reliable? I know they made bicycles at one point...their tiny little cars are poopular in EU. I can't see the French and the Italians in the same board meeting getting along too well...
It makes sense in a lot of ways. It gives both companies scale for the massive tech investments they need to make .

And Peugot wants to bring their cars back to the US and this gives them an instant network to do it.

It would seem obvious to re-brand Peugots as Chryslers for the US as a way to reinvigorate both brands here but for some reason they don't seem to be doing it.

Peugot brands are also more successful in Europe than any FCA brands.

And as has been stated they seem to have good leadership at Peugot and be focused on profits and quality - two things that have not been strong at FCA overall.

The weak point is that neither entity has IP in electrification, automation, or mobility. And they are behind the curve in electrification and in China.

Overall I think most analysts consider it good deal which could benefit both entities.
Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
not sure why they keep saying concept when all these options should be available at order time through the build and price tool and you can submit your bronco with them...maybe they're implying this is how they conceptualize an overlanding edition? hmm, dunno

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
not sure why they keep saying concept when all these options should be available at order time through the build and price tool and you can submit your bronco with them...maybe they're implying this is how they conceptualize an overlanding edition? hmm, dunno
The windows in the back are a concept. They state that in the video. You are correct though, most of if not all will be available eventually.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The windows in the back are a concept. They state that in the video. You are correct though, most of if not all will be available eventually.
ah...i didn't watch the vid. sadly my bandwidth is limited where I am. I noticed the back windows were blacked out or something. is that so nobody peeps in at your stuff?

Sponsored

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
ah...i didn't watch the vid. sadly my bandwidth is limited where I am. I noticed the back windows were blacked out or something. is that so nobody peeps in at your stuff?

In the video they state it's to protect the glass that normally sits in the openings. You swap the glass out for these inserts for when you are overlanding incase things are sliding around in the back. Helps to protect the glass from breaking or being scratched.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Oh shit. I didn't know that happened. Are Peugeot's reliable? I know they made bicycles at one point...their tiny little cars are poopular in EU. I can't see the French and the Italians in the same board meeting getting along too well...
Don't know about reliable, but they are legendairy

WilliesJL

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara w Anti Spin
1594735940481.png

Ford pulled it off im happy to say. I keep looking at my wifes Cherokee, I sure would like a Bronco there,
I had a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk...and a older Ford Bronco and mustangs... all had their quirks.

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I went to the Bronco Super Celebration (East) today, in the Jeep. I saw a lot of REALLY cool old Broncos there. They also had a two door and a four door new Bronco. I am not brand loyal so I wanted to like the new ones, but they are just “ok”. Maybe when they build the Raptor Bronco I might go check one of them out.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It doesn't really matter. Our Jeeps are not made by the Italians, because the corporation was majority owned by Fiat. The were designed and built here in the US. Using the existing US supply chains.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't really matter. Our Jeeps are not made by the Italians, because the corporation was majority owned by Fiat. The were designed and built here in the US. Using the existing US supply chains.
Okay that’s fine but the diesel is an Italian motor. I’m not saying bad or good, just that it does matter. But I imagine technology and mechanics will eventually be distributed among Fiat Peugeot’s subsidiaries.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Must be no one has read the tag on the back tailgate.

BroncoWranglerski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk...and a older Ford Bronco and mustangs... all had their quirks.
I had a 75 Bronco for 30-35 years. It was 1 giant quirk. Hence my user name. I don’t get the an animosity between the Wrangler and the Bronco. There’s room for both of them and the competition makes them both better.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 75 Bronco for 30-35 years. It was 1 giant quirk. Hence my user name. I don’t get the an animosity between the Wrangler and the Bronco. There’s room for both of them and the competition makes them both better.
Yup. B&P should be this week. Should be fun and interesting to see what’s there.

Ford said mid-October.
Sponsored