Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Half Doors are now being released for Jeep - all thanks to Bronco
$4k for 4 doors
wow...wait, is that 4k if you want BOTH doors or are you implying that it's +4k just to get the doors? Makes no sense unless you get 2 sets of doors...wtf

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you get two sets of doors: a set of full doors and a set of half-doors.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, you get two sets of doors: a set of full doors and a set of half-doors.
Why would you need 2 sets of doors? Half doors are legit doors...why would you take them off? I saw spy shots....is it because half doors only come with vinyl windows?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you need 2 sets of doors? Half doors are legit doors...why would you take them off? I saw spy shots....is it because half doors only come with vinyl windows?
I don’t know. I’m just repeating like a parrot what others have said they saw on the dealer ordering system is included in the package.

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Wife decided she wants a Bronco instead of a Tahoe, so we put a deposit on one yesterday.

I’ll keep my wrangler and I think it’s going to be fun to have both.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Why would you need a dual top? The soft top is a legit top...

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you need a dual top? The soft top is a legit top...
Not saying it's not. I asked why I would have to spend $4000.00 on a 2nd set of doors. Why would I ever need 2 sets of doors? Makes no sense. Unless I'm missing something.

The spy shot I saw showed the half doors with vinyl windows...I'm not referring to the soft top. Do that half doors not have glass windows? Or maybe you're suggesting that they're more practical or designed to be used with the soft top?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not saying it's not. I asked why I would have to spend $4000.00 on a 2nd set of doors. Why would I ever need 2 sets of doors? Makes no sense. Unless I'm missing something.

The spy shot I saw showed the half doors with vinyl windows...I'm not referring to the soft top. Do that half doors not have glass windows? Or maybe you're suggesting that they're more practical or designed to be used with the soft top?
My point was some people like a hard top and a soft top. Some people will want full doors for the hard top and half doors for the soft top. Or full doors when their hard top is on and half doors when the top is off. Or full doors when they travel and half doors around town.

Those are some examples of times when someone might want 2 sets of doors.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point was some people like a hard top and a soft top. Some people will want full doors for the hard top and half doors for the soft top. Or full doors when their hard top is on and half doors when the top is off. Or full doors when they travel and half doors around town.

Those are some examples of times when someone might want 2 sets of doors.
And they’d want that for 4k? I’m just getting at that maybe there’s something the half doors don’t have that we need the full doors as well...the view out of the half doors is surely better, so why would someone not want them all the time?

do they half doors have glass or vinyl only windows? I’m guessing vinyl only because I don’t believe the glass would have enough room to roll into the door.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4k for doors is

12.5% of a Wrangler Sport — 4 door
9.5% of a Rubicon — 4 door

I am assuming 4k gets you 4 doors but maybe I’m wrong? Is it 4k for the 2 door?

Im sure they’ll see because they’re very nice but that price a lil steep.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
And they’d want that for 4k? I’m just getting at that maybe there’s something the half doors don’t have that we need the full doors as well...the view out of the half doors is surely better, so why would someone not want them all the time?

do they half doors have glass or vinyl only windows? I’m guessing vinyl only because I don’t believe the glass would have enough room to roll into the door.
These are new so I can't say for sure. My experience with half doors was they were awkward to zip-down, a pain in drive-thrus or tollbooths, would be a real pain with kids, were easy to break into, became loose and noisy on the highway, and lost visibility over time as the vinyl clouded up. On the other hand they looked better and felt much more open with the top/door uppers off.

I have had both and I would only consider half doors on a 2-door with soft top and only if they were free. I wouldn't want 2 sets of doors. But other people want things that I don't want and I'm ok with that.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)