Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think Bronco looks good overall. But the 4-door looks too much like a Land Rover Discovery —which is good or bad, depending on your take; the 4-door with the soft top looks like a... Mongolian yurt.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 1595776590560
Sponsored

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
In that photo it’s not hard to see which vehicle will traverse the tightest of situations offroad. The bronco is just too big! That thing is a boat compared to the wrangler!
Your absolutely right. My thoughts as well. Bronco needs diet, let me trim it up with my chainsaw

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
I want to see them park next to a dark colored rubicon with the Led pkg.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I will wheel my lifted Sport against any Bronco with lockers. It’s all about the driver’s skills with the equipment at hand. Ask @Roky if I’m full of crap ;)

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
2024, so they will hype it furiously just before then and then it will be delayed a little more and with the constant hype and sneek leaks over time by the time its ready to release many just simply will not care. When the Bronco was first mentioned as coming back and was suppose to be the solid front axle match to the wrangler it had my attention and then when it was announced or leaked latter it would not have that I lost a lot of interest in it but still considered giving it a look. After what seemed like eternity of waiting for the unveil and seeing it would be mid next year before actually seeing one unless we ordered that night sight unseen I just said screw the Bronco and we went with a known quantity That was just us and YMMV

ChadT

First Name
CHAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2017 JKR Lots of mods
As I posted in another thread about the truck version they are apparently hyping now that's 4 years out..., the way it drug on forever and became watered down over what was originally announced and intended and then having to wait until mid next year to actually be able to get one caused me to say hell with the Bronco.

I *do not* consider it a competitor to the Wrangler and would most likely take the 4runner over the Bronco even as dated as it is now.

Last edited:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
As someone who has followed the bronco rumors since 2015 all the rumors about a bronco pickup are 100% false. There was one article where some analyst group said Ford would do it to compete with the gladiator (with zero proof!) and people have ran with it.

Ranger is the Bronco pickup.

Sponsored

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
So it begins....Wrangler spotted next to two Broncos.
Wrangler vs Bronco
Apple to Oranges picture. That's a 2 door Wrangler being compared to 2 4 door Bronco models.... It's a misleading comparison, but I guess Ford needs to do that. I for one am disappointed with the new Bronco design. I'll stick with my Wrangler... Thank you very much.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
It’s already a Ranger, that’s the chassis the Bronco uses, so putting a new skin on it is done.

FYI, rumor is the next Ram Dakota will use the JT underpinnings for that. It’s how cars/trucks get built.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Apple to Oranges picture. That's a 2 door Wrangler being compared to 2 4 door Bronco models.... It's a misleading comparison, but I guess Ford needs to do that. I for one am disappointed with the new Bronco design. I'll stick with my Wrangler... Thank you very much.
Agree. Apples and Oranges.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
If you compare dimensions, the Bronco is bigger. For the 2-door it is about 7” longer (3.5” longer wheelbase) and 2-7” wider (Depending on Bronco trim).

Choices are good - in the pic, one vehicle remains an icon after many revisions. The other, time will tell.